Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Survey June 2017

Go down 
+15
Zack
Pringle96`
Plus
IIYoungg
imagohard2nite
GamerShane31
Frowonder
LazyEye513
Sinister
P.R Son
Strummania
Harmon
Stunner
Taco
Austin
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

XWL Survey June 2017 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: XWL Survey June 2017   XWL Survey June 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 7:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Periodically the admin team likes to throw out a survey for EVERY member to respond to, whether they've been here a week, a month, a year or more. This is to pick their brain and gain a different perspective from our own. Maybe we've loved an idea and you hated it, tell us, and explain why so that we can see things from your point of view, and maybe make necessary changes to line up better with your beliefs. So please, make it a priority to answer these questions as honestly as possible. Your opinion will not upset us, what will upset us is if we could have changed something to improve your experience, and you don't tell us. This is an open forum for everyone to let their voices be heard, and members are encouraged to give their thoughts on others ideas and answers, just remember to do so respectfully, thank you.

The Survey

What is your favorite thing about XWL?

What is your least favorite thing about XWL?

When it comes to booking, how do you feel about the way you've been booked? Do you feel like we could do better when it comes to how you're presented, or are we booking you too much? Do you want to be left off some weeks, or booked as only one character?

What are your opinions on the current XWL Championships? Do title matches happen often enough or too often?

Do you think the current champions are working hard enough to deserve their belts? What title scene is the best currently? How can the others improve?

How do you feel a contender should be decided for a title? Do you feel we've been fair when it comes to making that decision?

The Administrative team has recently been talking about the way Special Events are presented. We currently have special events lasting two weeks and they take place about once every two months. Do you like that system? Would you rather see us go back to a system of us having them be once a month? Or perhaps a merger of the current and the past? Is two weeks too long for the duration of those events or just enough time?

The new points system has been in place for a little while now. What are your thoughts on it? Was it a good change?

Do you have any thoughts on the XWL posters and how they can be made better?  Any thoughts about who is on the posters?

What is your overall opinion of XWL?  Why?

Optional Question

Pitch us an idea to improve the overall experience of XWL, it could pertain to the site, the titles, the booking, the shows, anything.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
T-Roll
Upper Mid Card
T-Roll

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey June 2017   XWL Survey June 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 11:52 pm

The Survey

Honestly my favorite thing with XWL is the ability to work with others. I love writing and being able to work with others in the ability to make a story is super important to me. Matches are whatever. I can lose every match and as long as I have a feud, I will survive. It's been the entire reason I joined XWL and the reason I'm still here.

Some of the attitudes really get to me. Like, it's a game. You want to win, yes, but if you lose the fun factor, it really isn't worth playing anymore. However, we are here to have fun but run efficiently, if you have a problem, don't just opt out and make it a hassle on everyone else. You need to really focus on making XWL a better place for you and everyone else.

When it comes to booking, how do you feel about the way you've been booked? Do you feel like we could do better when it comes to how you're presented, or are we booking you too much? Do you want to be left off some weeks, or booked as only one character?
I get booked way too often. Honestly, I book. I work hard. If you have any requests just PM me. I really don't have time to go through the process it is to make sure I'm booking original matches and stuff.

What are your opinions on the current XWL Championships? Do title matches happen often enough or too often?
I mean, it's pretty sparse we have title matches due to the special event system so I'd prefer if we saw them sooner but like, we want to grant feuds the chance to make it to the "big stage" and what not so it really conflicts.

Do you think the current champions are working hard enough to deserve their belts? What title scene is the best currently? How can the others improve?
I mean, it really just depends on the day. I see a lot of the behind the scenes issues that go into making a championship matter. I feel all of our guys do pretty good jobs, minus the usual fuss that comes with the stress of being a champion. As for picking one above the others? I doubt I can do that. I like watching the women's but as of right now, probably IC as it's the most unpredictable. However, it's all really close and hard to choose.

How do you feel a contender should be decided for a title? Do you feel we've been fair when it comes to making that decision?
Dude, this process is a pain in the ass. "Let's give Stunner a title shot." "He just had one!" "But like, he's active compared to almost everyone!" Like, all this talk of the same people being in title positions is just because they work hard enough to deserve it. The idea that we're gonna hold your hand through to a title shot is ridiculous and if you want it, prove it. Be consitent and work hard. Let us know if something isn't working out on your end so we can try to help the best we can. I took a total gamble on Balor being in the ELITE Title rankings and the dude proved his worth but I straight up told him that if he slacks, I'm pulling the plug. That's how it is for everyone. No one is exempt from this. No matter how long you've been here or how important you think you are. If you don't work for it, you won't get it. We're here to have fun but if you're here to be a champion or something like that, then there is a certain level of work that comes with that. If you don't like it, don't ask to be a contender and then complain when we don't choose you.

The Administrative team has recently been talking about the way Special Events are presented. We currently have special events lasting two weeks and they take place about once every two months. Do you like that system? Would you rather see us go back to a system of us having them be once a month? Or perhaps a merger of the current and the past? Is two weeks too long for the duration of those events or just enough time?
Alright so like, hear me out. The Special Event system worked. It was so good when we first started. But when we first started, Anarchy was a bigger time show and had more title shots. I feel we've grown since then. When we started we were NXT with our tiny roster and solid moments. Now, we're Smackdown with our weekly shows and big climax to feuds. We have to change with the times but that is what it is.

The new points system has been in place for a little while now. What are your thoughts on it? Was it a good change?
I like that CAWs now matter in XWL. It's a hard system. We have a guy solely on the team in charge of points and it is super stressful on him. I see why he doesn't get it all done and he struggles. Hell I struggle to do the booking with my work and recreational schedule. It has it's kinks but it's a work in progress. Thank you all for being so patient.

Do you have any thoughts on the XWL posters and how they can be made better?  Any thoughts about who is on the posters?
Solid work all around. Bravo Austin. <3

Dude, I love it here. I do this to pass the time and to keep me sane. It's my rock when shit gets hard in real life and it keeps my writing skills toned up for whenever I need them. Overall,XWL is a great place and I hope everyone agrees to try and make it better.

Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey June 2017   XWL Survey June 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 6:33 pm

The Survey

The community comes together in their own way, we're not all friends or even best friends. YET we still feel like a family as wrestling fans, it is that type of place that we need to keep well enough alive.

The predetermined contenders weeks or months ahead fresh off a title defense from the champion. I feel as if given the consent and go ahead, and knowledge of you being able to pull your own weight. You should be able to be spontaneous and possibly attack a champion even if not earned, but have earned your stripes. Adds that unpredictable layer that ALWAYS garners excitement.

My booking, all I ask is that it is against STRONGLY reliable people, otherwise I am wasting invaluable time building my character. If I need to be taken off due to real life schedule conflicting, I will inform you of course Smile If possible, I would like to be booked every single week unless it is brought up not to. Have to keep my blood flowing and fun non stop. I like competing, and putting on classic matches at all times.

In a way which gives the title importance, I think it is fair on how it is being done.

Oh without a shadow of a doubt, they are deserving every second of their reign. I am thoroughly happy with our current lineup!

Previous to my last statement, it needs to not be a whole step 1 step 2 process. We need to bring that added depth of not knowing who will come from where and why. Becomes awkward when I have an idea and then find out people are already in a feud, past the current feud they are in. A constant motion line with no room for me.

You guys are practically burning me out with this 3 month wait time, or close to. I mean, I am a creative guy but that saves little for the next feud if I have to go to the bottom of the barrel. I would like to have once a month come back, and then the "Big 4" have longer builds, to make them stand out above the crowd.

I dig it, nothing else to be said.. anything that brings more incentive!

It works for me, as whoever you feel is a better fit for the poster based off the theme.

XWL is the last of a dying breed, and we are keeping it ALIVE. That is what makes this place so special. The last functioning, organized league for real wrestlers. Our own spin on the characters, the freedom we have is insurmountable. Maybe we get discouraged here and there when lack of communication is brought up, I am guilty of that as well. However we always bounce back, even when we feel things are slow.

Optional Question

Pitch us an idea to improve the overall experience of XWL, it could pertain to the site, the titles, the booking, the shows, anything.

Other than more feedback on how someone feels about a match, possibly a 5 star rating and we are given points to our character for selecting the top 3 matches we liked most on the show and giving them each their select rating. Would be COOL AND boost morale! Just continue to be awesome wrestling fans and creativity is never frowned upon. Let's make memories and kill each other in that ring for the sake of the entertainment of others.
Back to top Go down
CaptainGreed
New Talent
CaptainGreed

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey June 2017   XWL Survey June 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 7:31 pm

The Survey

I know that i"m relatively new to XWL, but the one thing that stood out to me was the community as a whole. Everyone here has been so nice, and respectful. And that's hard to come by these days.

I honestly have no complaints thus far. Everything is going smoothly from my end.

I've only been booked once so far, but from my end -- I have no problems with the way I've been booked. I think the presentation as a whole is done to perfection. I have no complaints with it. There may be times where I'd only want one character booked, but as of now I've got no problem with being booked on a regular basis, be it with one, or two characters.

I don't know the premise of the Elite Championship, but I seem to like the simple, yet dynamic scenario of championships provided to the community as a whole.

Absolutely. I don't know too many people as of now, but if you're a champion, then I'm almost certain that you have put in the work, and deserve it. I can't determine an exact answer for the best title scene, but I'll have to keep a look out for each, to prompt where I may set my sights. Razz

From my own perspective -- I believe that if you put in the time, effort, and are dedicated then you should be given an opportunity. This is all about having fun, but at putting in the work as well. Fun is most important thing, first and foremost. Secondly is the work you put in. They go together, and can provide for some of the best stuff.

The Administrative team has recently been talking about the way Special Events are presented. We currently have special events lasting two weeks and they take place about once every two months. Do you like that system? Would you rather see us go back to a system of us having them be once a month? Or perhaps a merger of the current and the past? Is two weeks too long for the duration of those events or just enough time.
I'm indifferent on the time frame as I'm often not busy, as I my hands are often not tied down to one thing in particular. However, I think a special event monthly would be something that I'd grow used too, but bi-monthly events can work as well. It's honestly up to the majority on their choices -- I'll go with the flow, and I'll have fun either way.

The point system is the first time I've ever seen anything like this from my standpoint. (I'm mostly used to just plain RPing.) So this is a fresh change for me. I like it. It gives creativity and makes it fun as a whole.

Do you have any thoughts on the XWL posters and how they can be made better?  Any thoughts about who is on the posters
From what I've seen so far -- They're spectacular. I've got minimal experience in Photoshop and GIMP, but from what I've seen -- I absolutely enjoy it.

I love it. I'm sure it's no surprise, but I've got nothing but pure enjoyment since being here. It's a real change of pace than what I'm used too. I've enjoyed myself thus far, and I'm looking forward to all the moments that I can have here going forward.

Optional Question

The overall experience from my end has been great. The site looks nice, even better than when I first applied. The blue color scheme has really grown on me in such a short amount of time. As far as how I've been booked thus far, I've liked it. My first match was against a great competitor, who made sure that being a newbie that I knew exactly what I was doing. It made for an enjoyable start. I have no complaints. From what I've read from other comments -- This place is something special. I'm just glad that I can be apart of it.

Last edited by CaptainGreed on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Small coding error)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey June 2017   XWL Survey June 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Survey June 2017
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2