Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

10 Years Ago....

Go down 
+4
Sam
Bronzeh
P.R Son
Jonguin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonguin
Main Eventer

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:59 pm

I'm pretty sure this is deserving of a thread. Kind of surprised no one else had made one. Plenty of Americans are here too.

10 years ago were the September 11th attacks on The World Trade Center, Pentagon, and a failed attack on either the White House or Capitol Building. Not really too sure about what I should say, it's defiantly an uncomfortable moment.

I guess I could just ask about what you could remember from that day.

I think I was in second or third grade. During the middle of a math lesson or something someone came in and told our teacher about what had happened. She didn't really tell us anything because there would probably be no way to handle 30 little kids that just found out their country had been attacked.

I remember watching the news about what happened when I got home. I didn't fully understand what had happened, but it was a surreal moment.
Back to top Go down

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:03 pm

I was 5... I wasn't at school that day because I was sick, and I didn't even find anything out until like a week later because my parents themselves didn't even find out until that night because, we had been watching a movie and then turned off the TV and they never really thought about checking the news or anything. Well when I first found out I was young and naturally afraid... I really had no clue what was going on.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Penguin wrote:

I think I was in second or third grade. During the middle of a math lesson or something someone came in and told our teacher about what had happened. She didn't really tell us anything because there would probably be no way to handle 30 little kids that just found out their country had been attacked.

I remember watching the news about what happened when I got home. I didn't fully understand what had happened, but it was a surreal moment.

I remember that too...I was in third grade I believe and we were in class then all f a sudden the P.S system went off telling the teachers to turn the channel to the news channel and it started talking about what happened but none of us truly understood at that point what exactly happened. The parents were called to pick us all up and i remember going home, mom had been cleaning up the living room so it was mess (Which the odd thing is I was cleaning up earlier and it's a mess from that, talk about de ja vu....) And CNN was on the T.V and they just were explaining to me what exactly had happened. Was a weird feeling because I didn't know how to react.
Back to top Go down

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:11 pm

me and AVG were 4 back then so we don't remember anything Neutral
Back to top Go down

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:12 pm

From what i remember and im sure pats remembers we were 4 and we were getting ready for preschool and i dont really remember anything after that i guess when we were in school we took a nap and didnt hear or see any news. If pats can contribute to this story that would be great.....
Back to top Go down

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:15 pm

xAVGD1x wrote:
From what i remember and im sure pats remembers we were 4 and we were getting ready for preschool and i dont really remember anything after that i guess when we were in school we took a nap and didnt hear or see any news. If pats can contribute to this story that would be great.....

what you prob dont remember anything our mom told us that we were waking up getting ready for preschool
Back to top Go down
Bronzeh
Mid Card
Bronzeh

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:17 pm

I was 7 at the time, like any other day I was just messing around, jumping about like a hyper ball of annoyance when the TV is turned on and I see the plane smash right into the World Trade Center. It seems like not so long ago, hard to believe it's been ten years. It's a memory that's stuck in my mind ever since, not because of the scene on the TV, but the silence that suddenly filled the room I was in. It felt like everyone was just killed stone dead, I couldn't take my eyes off the TV to see what was wrong. I hope that the US gets out of the war caused by this, and I hope people can move on from this day, and my condolences go to those who lost friends or family that day. Just figured I'd say something.
Back to top Go down

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:12 pm

I remember I was in fourth grade, and just moved into a new house in a new town (moved only like 9 miles away to a different town, same county though) and was in my second week at a new school in a new town. At school I remember all the teachers heard about it but didn't tell any of the students because like Penguin said, there would probably be no way to handle a school of elementary grade kids that just found out their country had been attacked and were still at a age where it would be hard for them to understand the full meaning of what just really happened..
Anyways I remember school suddenly became a half day and all the teachers were acting funny so the students were all wondering what was going on. I remember getting home and there were workers outside my house since we were getting the kitchen redone, and they were all standing around there car watching something on a portable TV. I didn't really hear what they were saying but could tell something was different was up. I remember going inside and my mom was on the phone and the T.V. was on the News. I remember going into the living room and looking at the TV screen and seeing what happened. I remember looking out the window and realizing that the workers were watching the same thing. My mom then explained to me what happened fully. I remember just understanding that there was an attack on the World Trade Center, which she told me was in New York City (I live in CT about 45 min. away from Manhattan so I knew where that was and had been there a lot) and was about 20 blocks from where my Dad was working. I remember being told that the cell phones were dead in NY so there was no way to get in contact. I remember feeling really unsure what was happening and just watched the news to try and further understand. About an hour later my mom told me that my Dad was fine and was at my Grandparents house in Long Island and would be back home the next night. I remember him telling me stories about how there was dust everywhere and how hectic it was getting out of NYC both then and later when I was old enough to fully understand what happened. It's weird being old enough to fully remember that day, but at the time having little clue as to what really just happened.

my condolences go to those who lost friends or family that day.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Upper Mid Card
Sam

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:31 pm

I was in 1st grade, don't really remember what happened very well. All I remember is the news on the tv's, images of planers flying into towers and smoke and fire, going home early, and hearing my parents talking about it at the table later that night. That night I saw a picture of Bin Laden on the news, and it terrified me. The image of his face was stuck in my head pretty much my whole life, as a child a creepy muslim man with a stringy beard and angry expression was really creepy. Aside from that, the only other thing I remember was going to my uncles church that Sunday and seeing the people upset and the moments of silence and all that. Not really a day I try too hard to remember, but that's about all I got :/
Back to top Go down
Raw Is Jericho1
Jobber
Raw Is Jericho1

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:29 am

im a new zealander but i seen it come on the tv i was not at school for some reason dont remember it showed a plane going in to the tower and then a 2nd one at first i thinked it was a movie but then i just left the room to play the ps1
latter in the night i found out it was an attack on nyc.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:41 am

I was 7 at the time, just like any other normal day in Primary 3 it was story time, we were all crowded around the teacher sitting down on the carpet, half way through the book The Min-Pins when another teacher came in and took her a side to explain it, then our teacher explained to us how a very bad thing had happened and the tv was wheeled in while like 10 teachers watched the news and we kinda messed around in the background unsure of what was going on, a very eerie feelings, it's weird how much detail I remember from the day, like for instance I couldn't tell you what happened on the 3rd of October 2006 but I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday, my thoughts go out there to those who have lost someone through the tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Nice to see people have contributed to this thread nicely.

Also, correction, I was in Fourth Grade. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jiggas
Mid Card
Jiggas

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:05 pm

I remember, that day, I was 16 not long left school and I was working 5-9pm and the security guard at our place asked me if i heard what happened in the US and I was like nah not a thing. He told me that there had been some type of terrorist attack. When I got home, my mum was watching the new and it showed the attack and my first thought was this was not real, it was like a movie or something. Then I started to feel sick, wasn't my country but I felt anger that this could happen. I remember a couple days later at college, my tutor told all of us in class that our other tutor would not be teaching us for awhile as his brother was on the plane that hit the towers, I never knew his brother but I felt sick and upset. I feel for all the people who lost the families. 9/11 Never Forgotten, even by the Brits
Back to top Go down
Sable
Mid Card
Sable

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:43 pm

I can't fully remember that day. Although I was 7, but its a blur to me for some reason. I did lose my bestfriend(we were friends since 4, but she was someone I grew quickly attatched to). As I believe she was up on one of the top floors with her father. I was really sad, but at the sametime I really didn't know what was happening or how to really react. Cos I was at that age where I thought that "she can't really be gone. There's no way." It took me over a year to cheer up from that. I still think to this day of how my life would be if she wasn't there during the attack. Hell I still hink how the world would be like if 9/11 never happened.

But none the less, all my prayers & thoughts are out to all the familys that lost a loved one, family member, or friend. And to all the firefighters, police, doctors, paramedics, and civilians who tried their best to save the people they could. And in my eyes, they are the true Hero's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

10 Years Ago.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago....   10 Years Ago.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 Years Ago....
Page 1 of 1