Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

What Day Should The Card Be On?

Go down 
+12
TheKrzyOne
P1
Shug
Byrning
T-Roll
Pats
Bang
Adam
Kyle
#NOTSEME
Dash
P.R Son
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Currently the weekly card begins and ends on Sunday, should this change, or stay the same?
Monday
What Day Should The Card Be On? I_vote_lcap14%What Day Should The Card Be On? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Tuesday
What Day Should The Card Be On? I_vote_lcap0%What Day Should The Card Be On? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Wednesday
What Day Should The Card Be On? I_vote_lcap5%What Day Should The Card Be On? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Thursday
What Day Should The Card Be On? I_vote_lcap0%What Day Should The Card Be On? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Friday
What Day Should The Card Be On? I_vote_lcap48%What Day Should The Card Be On? I_vote_rcap
 48% [ 10 ]
Saturday
 0% [ 0 ]
Sunday
What Day Should The Card Be On? I_vote_lcap33%What Day Should The Card Be On? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

What Day Should The Card Be On? Empty
PostSubject: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:07 pm

It was brought up in the Survey that maybe changing the deadline  and begin day would be a good idea, we think that maybe this could be the case, so let us know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:12 pm

I like the card going up on Sunday, but I can see that the weekend rush is something that annoys a couple people. I don't think it's a good idea to have the card on an early weekday since people are likely to be working or in school or college or something. I think that other than Sunday, Friday would be the best suited day for the card to go up, because then it goes up just as everyone gets two days off. So I'll vote for Friday.
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Sunday seems perfect to be honest, lets people unwind from a hectic weak and use the weekend to get their promos and stuff done. Posting the card on a Friday just causes the weekend rush to happen earlier rather than later and on Saturday it'd just cancel out the whole weekend to work on things. And mid-week just wouldn't work because of school and work and stuff,
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Dash wrote:
I like the card going up on Sunday, but I can see that the weekend rush is something that annoys a couple people. I don't think it's a good idea to have the card on an early weekday since people are likely to be working or in school or college or something. I think that other than Sunday, Friday would be the best suited day for the card to go up, because then it goes up just as everyone gets two days off. So I'll vote for Friday.
This is kind of my feeling as well. I always preferred that, when we do the cards and get them up we did it at the beginning of or the end of a week. Then we do what we usually do. Give them a whole week or w/e to get it done. With the next card going up at the end, or beginning (whatever we choose), of the following week. So I'd also vote for either leave as is, or, do Monday or Friday. It's better than doing it in the middle of the week and having people not see it or something.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Adam
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Friday would be gravy when you think about someone like Red who works Monday-Friday, he then has the weekend to get a head start on his stuff so he doesn't have to rush on Saturday and Sunday to get things posted. Personally I don't mind but I think Friday would be more beneficial to a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:44 pm

Adam? wrote:
Friday would be gravy when you think about someone like Red who works Monday-Friday, he then has the weekend to get a head start on his stuff so he doesn't have to rush on Saturday and Sunday to get things posted. Personally I don't mind but I think Friday would be more beneficial to a lot of people.

The more it's brought up the more I can't help but agree. Not to mention, it would finally put an end to that horrible "weekend rush" thing. Sure we'd probably still have people posting on the last day, but I'm almost positive that'd be cut in half and we'd have more of a show with the weekend starting it off, as opposed to ending it.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:51 pm

I should point out I didn't suggest moving the day the card goes up in the survey, but I'm not too bothered when the card goes up really. I do think the time could possible to changed to a bit later though, more so if it is changed to a week day given that a large amount of the people here would be working/at school at the deadline time.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:53 pm

Bang wrote:
I should point out I didn't suggest moving the day the card goes up in the survey, but I'm not too bothered when the card goes up really.

Oh I know, but Matt misunderstood you and actually it got us thinking that maybe it's something looking into. We appreciate everyone's reasoning btw. It's nice to have a thread pending a possible change and have actual responses instead of silent votes. The reasons are all understandable and we'll take every single one into account when deciding.
Back to top Go down
Pats
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Friday would be nice because then I could have my annoying friends come over on the weekend and not have even more stress added on to the weekend rush. Only problem it would make though is the "Midweek" Rush but I think we should TRY it. If it doesn't work could always go back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Back to top Go down
T-Roll
Upper Mid Card
T-Roll

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:54 pm

SinAndBonez wrote:

I saw this coming.
Back to top Go down
Byrning
New Talent
Byrning

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:55 am

Okay, so I realize I'm completely new here, but I think Saturday would work as a cut day (maybe around 9:30 PM). The weekend could just help as it gives time to do matches and makes it possible for people with jobs to still get stuff done.
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:16 am

I also work Monday - Friday on a pretty shit shift and I use Friday/Saturday to get my matches done because when I finish 2-10 I honestly cba doing matches. If new cards were posted on Friday I would finish at 8 in the evening, get home, get food, get a shower and hope that whoever I'm booked against is on in those brief few hours to get the match done, then rush to get the write up and maybe a promo up to go with it. It will just create a whole new rush because the card will go up and then people will rush to get matches and promos done in the space of those two days, leaving no time for themselves, friends, gf's or family. Regardless of what day it is posted, you will create a rush for certain people.
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:31 am

T-Roll wrote:
SinAndBonez wrote:

I saw this coming.

Thanks Red. making me laugh in the library and look like a crazy person
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 3:00 am

Friday looks like we'd just get a reverse of what we have now with less time to plan ahead to get a match or promo with someone done (over the weekend). I went and voted Sunday, but now that I've thought about it, Monday doesn't seem half bad as it gives people a full weekend - when most seem to be free - to work on their stuff. It's only a few hours removed from Sunday so it isn't a jarring change and we aren't booking on a weekday. While there'd still be the rush, there'd be downtime before the card ends to catch up before the main event and new card is posted. Regardless, I'm not too fussy about when the day is as long as it's not the middle of the week.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 3:21 am

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Friday looks like we'd just get a reverse of what we have now with less time to plan ahead to get a match or promo with someone done (over the weekend). I went and voted Sunday, but now that I've thought about it, Monday doesn't seem half bad as it gives people a full weekend - when most seem to be free - to work on their stuff. It's only a few hours removed from Sunday so it isn't a jarring change and we aren't booking on a weekday. While there'd still be the rush, there'd be downtime before the card ends to catch up before the main event and new card is posted. Regardless, I'm not too fussy about when the day is as long as it's not the middle of the week.

I see what you mean but to me if majority of the stuff is still done and posted weekends, then it's up nice and early giving everyone plenty of time to read it before the next show, and it stops people feeling upset when they have to rush it at last minute.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 3:56 am

TheFilthParade wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:

I see what you mean but to me if majority of the stuff is still done and posted weekends, then it's up nice and early giving everyone plenty of time to read it before the next show, and it stops people feeling upset when they have to rush it at last minute.

I'm with Gaz on this, having weekend rush happen at the start of the card is better than it happening at the end. Friday to me, as much as I didn't ever think about changing the card day...actually seems like the best day to change to. Also I'd just like to say I'm really glad to see so many opinions in this thread and reasons for how people voted, it's nice to have a voting thread that also has input behind it. The league has some work to do to improve on some things, but I'd say this is a good start, getting everyone's say and making the best decision going forward.
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:13 pm

So if (is it?) this is going to happen when will it start? Surprised
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:27 pm

The P1 wrote:
So if (is it?) this is going to happen when will it start? Surprised

If it's decided to be Friday, the card will be extended to next Friday.
Back to top Go down
I never botch
New Talent
I never botch

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:22 pm

What are the odds that when I join and say I can do matches on the weekend, you guys change the date of the cards? This has to either be a coincidence, or you just love me too much <3
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:24 pm

I never botch wrote:
What are the odds that when I join and say I can do matches on the weekend, you guys change the date of the cards? This has to either be a coincidence, or you just love me too much <3
I'd say it's the former. Could be a mix of both though mischief
Back to top Go down
I never botch
New Talent
I never botch

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:27 pm

Fn wrote:
I never botch wrote:
Why you try to hurt my feelings? I just wanted to be known!  Sad
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:32 pm

I never botch wrote:
Fn wrote:
I never botch wrote:
You will be. I always keep an eye on newcomers and you've got truth. Whom I'm a fan of. <3
Back to top Go down
I never botch
New Talent
I never botch

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Fn wrote:
I never botch wrote:
Fn wrote:
I never botch wrote:
You will be. I always keep an eye on newcomers and you've got truth. Whom I'm a fan of. <3
You improved my feelings, you're my current best friend in the fed <3
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:46 pm

I never botch wrote:
Fn wrote:
I never botch wrote:
Fn wrote:
I never botch wrote:
You improved my feelings, you're my current best friend in the fed <3

Way to throw 8 months of knowing me, Suntan and Batman into the lava. </3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Day Should The Card Be On?   What Day Should The Card Be On? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Day Should The Card Be On?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next