Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread

Go down 
+3
Sam
Shug
P.R Son
7 posters

What will The October PPV be Named?
Fallout
October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread I_vote_lcap16%October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Halloween Havoc
October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread I_vote_lcap36%October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 9 ]
Resurrection
October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread I_vote_lcap4%October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Frightfest
October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread I_vote_lcap20%October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 5 ]
Unbreakable
October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread I_vote_lcap16%October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
The Monster Bash
October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread I_vote_lcap8%October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Empty
PostSubject: October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread   October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:30 pm

We asked you to come up with your best names, and the admins have selected five of them, and even thrown in an optional keep the name the same option in case you're like some who would like to keep it. We want your participation, we want to know what you want it to be called, so if you'll please vote we'll greatly appreciate it.

Voting ends Sunday, so please everyone make sure you vote.
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread   October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:42 pm

I vote In Your House style. Seemed like a good idea, it would keep it different and.fresh but guess that was just me. Seeming how I don't overly care for any of the others provided I won't participate in the vote.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Upper Mid Card
Sam

PostSubject: Re: October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread   October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:09 pm

I agree, because I think that with an annual In Your House PPV things would never get boring and it would likely even motivate a lot of members to try and become the star. But if the admins decided against it, I suppose I'll just settle for second place and put in my vote.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread   October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:52 pm

Shuggz wrote:
I vote In Your House style. Seemed like a good idea, it would keep it different and.fresh but guess that was just me.

Sam wrote:
I agree, because I think that with an annual In Your House PPV things would never get boring and it would likely even motivate a lot of members to try and become the star.

I want to give some insight as to why this option wasn't included. I think it's a fair assumption that we all agree this would be cool. But unfortunately, as admins sometimes we have to look to the past when deciding on things, like if we did this...what would happen? I ask anyone upset with this decision to think of how the posters sometimes get negative responses or bitter feelings because of who was chosen to be on it. No matter who it is, someone is always disagreeing. Now think of naming an entire Pay-Per-View after someone's superstar. If it was an admin how would the league react? Oh vintage them, abusing their powers, of course it'd be named after one of them. Imagine if it were named after someone's superstar who had been on one hell of a roll, maybe been champion a while, winning a bunch or whatever...they would complain that it should have been someone else, that it should have been someone that hasn't been in the spotlight as long as they had. Which funny enough on the other side of the coin, if we chose someone who had been here a lot less longer than some members, people would claim it was too much too soon, that they don't deserve it over so and so. No matter who it was, what the reason was, the reactions would be far worse than they were for the posters themselves, because it'd be made into a bigger deal than it needs to be.

It's sad you have to think like that, but in a place like XWL, full of all kinds of opinions and personalities to go along with them...that is the reality we would face if we went in that direction. You can still disagree, but I didn't want to ignore these posts and make people think we don't care about your opinion. Because it's understandable, I only hope you and everyone else maybe feeling the same will at least see it from our view and understand how it could be more trouble than it's worth.
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread   October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 2:17 pm

While I see your point about people moaning about posters, but let's be fair the majority of time a ppv poster will feature the same people, despite maybe not really deserving it and it would be nice to see new faces on it. That said, the ppv will be once a year, the only way it could go wrong is if you stick to the same formula with the posters. If yoi name the event after somebody it is obvious they will be on the poster, for example if next October it were XWL: Swiss Death it is obvious that Cesaro would feature on the poster or even XWL: Who Wants a Mostache Ride? would feature Joey Ryan.

As long as it is different and you don't overuse the same people each year then I can't see how it would go wrong. In my opinion it would make the October PPV stand out and give tje users something to look forward to and potentially work for being the guy who has a ppv named after him.
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread   October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 2:25 pm

Screw people who complain about who's on a poster. It's a fucking poster.

Anyway, I voted for Halloween Havoc.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread   October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:42 pm

shoutout to that one person who voted the monster bash
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread   October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 12:48 am

Adam? wrote:
shoutout to that one person who voted the monster bash

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread   October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Jonguin wrote:
IT WAS ME, PENNY! AND I WON'T STOP UNTIL I GET WHAT'S MINE!
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread   October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:49 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Jonguin wrote:

You? After everything we've been through? I... I don't know what to say...
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread   October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 7:48 pm

Jonguin wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:
Jonguin wrote:

You? After everything we've been through? I... I don't know what to say...
I'm sorry... They broke me and I've never been the same. okay
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread   October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Just a heads up, poll is ending soon so if you haven't voted now's the time to do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread   October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

October Pay-Per-View Voting Thread
Page 1 of 1