Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

News & Updates From Your Admins

Go down 
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

News & Updates From Your Admins Empty
PostSubject: News & Updates From Your Admins   News & Updates From Your Admins Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:30 pm

A few days ago we had a discussion over a number of topics, of course the decision to remove Unforgiven from the line-up and add International Incident and rename The Monster Bash. A thread for you all to vote on the name should be up soon, either tomorrow, or no later than Tuesday. It'll include four choices from the suggestion thread, as well as one of our own.

But there is more news other than that, sorry this thread hasn't gone up sooner things happened and at least it was only a few days right?

The Break Policy

We've found that it's been overused, that's our bad from not keeping a wiser mindset when allowing all these breaks keeping all these people from being used/active. Before I get into the changes I'll be clear, we understand when you have to go on a break, it's not your fault most of the time, and life always comes first, this is supposed to be fun after all, right? But with that, has to come some ground rules, it's how the league maintains stability and doesn't just go haywire.

We're allowing one major break from members within a year period. This major break would be of course three months, the current limit. That's on normal cases when people just can't find time or are doing other stuff, and there's kind of not a real understandable reason for being gone so long.

But we do have exceptions, we will allow extended breaks providing they fit the criteria we've agreed on. We won't disclose those because you could lie just to get it, but typically we'll be very fair to those that really have no control of the situation forcing them to go into a break. Some may not like limiting breaks, but when people go on breaks, then go another not long after, like what has happened in the past...you have to put a stop to it somehow. We think this is still very fair, if you don't we're sorry, but it's in the best interest of the league, and sometimes decisions like this have to be made.

New Members

First...I want to address this to anyone that has joined within...probably ages, and felt unwelcome. This is a 100% agreed on thing that as admins we've failed to an extent on truly giving you guys the tools you need to jump right in with everyone else. Maybe you've felt intimidated by some of the promos and stuff you see, you're like..."I CAN'T DO PROMOS THAT BIG!" or..."I'm not good enough I should just leave" the thing is none of us were good, the old XWL, the first year of XWL, you guys would ask us what we were smoking from the shit we did. But that's a learning process, you do more, you grow as you do. The problem you face is you have no one willing to take a chance on you and help you actually feel like you belong. That's why we're taking it upon ourselves to try and be more involved and helpful with the people that join. Your promos, we will try to give you feedback and suggestions. We will post our skypes in every joining thread so you can contact us personally and ask us anything, get help on whatever, or just get ideas.

I'm sorry for anyone who has felt like they don't belong, or they can't measure up, because with the right tools anyone can be just as good as anyone else. A lot of you new guys actually are good, could use some tips on things but that's what we're supposed to be here for. So let me reiterate, if you have ANY questions

https://xwlleague.forumotion.com/t1512-skype-contact-list#27401

The Admin Skypes are there at the top of the original post, add us, we'll be of any help you need.

PPV Awards

Lastly, and this goes to everyone, new or not, because we're all supposed to be involved and that's been lacking, we want activity up. If you have any suggestions, we're always open to them...But because it's lacking in another area, something might be going away very soon. The PPV awards have always been great to do, it gets the community involved, it recognizes the great stuff people do, but one thing that is not coming from The PPV awards the last two months, more like three...and then the months at the start of the year, is the actual votes. We should not need to beg you to vote, to bug you to vote, this is supposed to be something we all can be apart of together, and we're not saying every single member has to vote. But when the turn out is three...four...seven votes, in a league that has a lot more members than that, it's a little unnerving. So please guys, this is a warning because we're serious...

The X-treme X-mas PPV Awards will be going up the Sunday the PPV ends, however, if we do not get more activity from people sending in their votes, we will go into the new year removing the PPV awards until more activity in that area can be promised. It takes a minute or less to vote, it'd be greatly appreciated if we can all do better and just take that little extra time to send our votes in so we don't have to lose this fun little thing.

We were talking about ways to improve The PPV awards recently, like for the things that win, but if people aren't going to vote, then discussion can't continue, and ideas can't be agreed on because if we're the only ones voting, what's the fun in that? We want to know what you liked, who you thought was Superstar/Diva of PPV, what shocked YOU, not us.

Unrelated Closing Remark From Owner

XWL as a community needs to be like it used to be, a family, a group of people that got involved in the little things that we did, it's partially our fault but it's also on you the members, because we can't make you do things, we can't make people get involved, so as the owner I ask each and everyone of you, including me to try to bring that little something back to the league. I remember when people would leave little comments in the show threads, shocked remarks at shocking things, good stuff after promos, that needs to return. Heck, reviews...and I say this because I just did one this past week, people used to get thanks and stuff either in the thread or on skype and I think that hurts the people who review when the appreciation doesn't seem to be there. So guys let's do it, let's become a second family again, let's be more involved in everything, let's let people know how we feel about what they're doing, let's congratulate new champions or people who get big wins. 2014 is upon us, let's build a warmer, more active, more friendly environment for us all to enjoy going forward.

We've been around for five years, that is incredible, that is something a lot of leagues that has come and gone can't say. Let's build the community back up for a stronger tomorrow.

-  XWL Owner, Dave

Back to top Go down

News & Updates From Your Admins
Page 1 of 1