Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL.com Exclusive: Trish Stratus reacts to her first win since her return from injury

Go down 
AuthorMessage

XWL.com Exclusive: Trish Stratus reacts to her first win since her return from injury Empty
PostSubject: XWL.com Exclusive: Trish Stratus reacts to her first win since her return from injury   XWL.com Exclusive: Trish Stratus reacts to her first win since her return from injury Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:49 am

XWL.com Exclusive: Trish Stratus reacts to her first win since her return from injury Drx8gVz

*A video was posted several minutes after the Trish Stratus vs Melina vs Brie Bella match-up on Redemption.  Trish Stratus walked away the victor in that match, and she is the subject of this video.*

[Interviewer]
Trish, congratulations on your victory tonight.  How does it feel to pick up your first win since your return and after an almost career-ending injury?

XWL.com Exclusive: Trish Stratus reacts to her first win since her return from injury 023_zps1f15cacc

[Trish Stratus]
Well, of course it feels great!  It always feels great to win a match but this one was special to me.  Just a few weeks ago I was in the mindset that I would never wrestle again, but now I'm back where I belong.  I'm back doing what I do best, and that's being the best female competitor in this industry. I had my doubts after coming back from the injury, but tonight I felt as good as I ever have. Hopefully it's the first win of many.

XWL.com Exclusive: Trish Stratus reacts to her first win since her return from injury 016_zpsc815eb9b

[Trish Stratus]
Now, I'm not taking anything away from Melina or Brie, because both of those girls are as talented as they come.  But I'm setting my sights higher than just your average match-up.  I want to revolutionize this division by putting on matches which draw as much attention as the guys' matches do.  I want to be able to say that I brought this division into a new era where people are genuinely interested in the divas and don't just see us as eye candy.  To do that, I need the Divas Championship.

XWL.com Exclusive: Trish Stratus reacts to her first win since her return from injury 020_zps659488e3

[Trish Stratus]
I know I'm probably getting a little ahead of myself, because I'm at the back of the line for a shot since I just got back.  It's going to be a long, hard road to the gold, but it's been a long hard road back for me.  I've experienced more twists and turns these past couple of months to last me a lifetime, a few more won't hurt.

XWL.com Exclusive: Trish Stratus reacts to her first win since her return from injury 019_zpse21133d9

[Trish Stratus]
I just want everyone to know where my priorities lie, and what my goals are.  I'm not here to make friends, but I will respect each and every last one of my opponents because it's not easy being a woman in this very male-oriented business.  I'm not here to dance around in a tiny bikini or degrade myself for your entertainment.  I'm back to entertain in a different way.  The way women should entertain in a wrestling company.  I'm back to once again become champion and reach the top of this business.

[Interviewer]
Thank you for your time Trish.

*The screen fades to black as the video comes to a close...*
Back to top Go down

XWL.com Exclusive: Trish Stratus reacts to her first win since her return from injury
Page 1 of 1