Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

A conversation between champs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

A conversation between champs Empty
PostSubject: A conversation between champs   A conversation between champs Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Sometime during Digital Decision...

Alex Shelley
Well if it isn't the Intercontinental Champion, John Morrison. I was hoping I'd run into you... two weeks ago after I pinned you in that tag match. Were you out in the open all this time? I guess I was just expecting to find you hiding under Damien Sandow's robe like the good ol' days.

[John Morrison]
Look who we have here, the United States Champion, Alex Shelley, the man who did indeed pin me. Seems like you've been living under a rock or maybe your eyesight is a bit fuzzy, I suppose from the champagne, just kidding, but by now you should know that Sandow and I are no longer associated.

Alex Shelley
Oh I see how it works, break-up with Sandow but keep the championship you won because of him, not that I'm judging you or anything, hell I once won the X-Division championship by making Chris think that I tweaked my ankle, sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to take your career to the next level.

[John Morrison]
That's not how it went down and you know it Shelley. I didn't just drop him, he wasn't too happy with losing his championship and I could see why. But that doesn't mean he can't be happy for me, he had this big fit and you saw what it escalated to. It was for the best that we broke apart, as you can see, I'm still the Intercontinental Champion. I don't have to be something I'm not. I'm back to the old me, thankfully.

Alex Shelley
Aw, I'm just messing with you a little, John, there aren't any hard feelings... at least not anymore. I get that sometimes you want a friend to make the road trips less boring and the restaurant bills less expensive and luckily for me I have Chris at my side to make fun of Mitch with me and split bills 60/40. And you don't have to worry about Sandow anymore; I'm sure he's making a killing as a teacher or heard stylist.

[John Morrison]
I'm glad that there aren't any hard feelings, I'd like to apologize again for the whole situation. And I do have a lot of people on my side in case you didn't realize,  I've got a lot of fans who support in the ring like Sabin supports you. Plus Ted and I usually travel together, although he can be corny at times, he's been a much better friend than Sandow could ever be.

Alex Shelley
Well if anything at least you have that title to hold tight when you're lonely at night. You've been solid as champion and I would be impressed, but come on man, you beat Daniel Bryan to retain. Everyone knows the guy's a career choker and could never get the job done when it mattered most. I mean, didn't Shawn Michaels spend half his United States Championship reign super kicking the dragon like he was some kind of chump? Your reign was never really in any danger, now if it was Chris on the other hand, that's a whole different story.

[John Morrison]
Thank you? I'm sure there a lot of people here that believe I'm doing a great job as the Intercontinental Champion, after all, I have been holding it for the past 7 months. I've faced a lot of great competitors like Christian, Miz, Aries, The Rock, many would say my title reign has been in danger at multiple times, but I guess I agree with you when you say it was never in any danger because I've proven to be someone who fights constantly and won't give up. I'd have to say I disagree with your comments about Daniel Bryan, sure Shawn Michaels spent his time getting the best of him but if you look at it, Daniel Bryan has wrestled all over the world, probably in places you and I have never heard of, he's tough competition. He even came out despite facing Ambrose earlier and put up a fight. I will say that Chris is good competition but trust me, I believe I would've beaten him.

Alex Shelley
Did you see what happened to Christian, Aries and good ol' Rocky tonight? Maybe you'd like to think they mean something nowadays, but their stock has fallen and new guys are stepping in to bask in the spotlight that was too bright for them to handle. I mean I've been to Japan, I've eaten crossaints in Europe and I've paid my dues in the indies, so if Bryan's been to places that I've never heard of then maybe there's a reason for that. Maybe Bryan likes to go to places where hes the big fish hogging all the water in a small pond to make himself feel better about not being able to cut it the big leagues. You know who can, and has been making their marks here? The Motor City Machine Guns. You can be confident now that you would have beaten, Chris, but I don't think you've been paying attention to the roll he's been on. But let's not worry about what could have been, let's talk about how being with you drove Melina off the deep end.

[John Morrison]
So I'm guessing all of our stocks have dropped at one point or another, we certainly can't win every single match, can we? Maybe we should just get off the topic of Bryan, it's obvious that you're convinced that he's just a chump, it is your opinion, although I don't have to agree with it. Trust me Shelley, I've seen the roll Chris has been on and. . . yeah he's been on a huge roll but what can I say, just because he's been on a roll doesn't make him superior to me. But you're right, let's not dwell on him and how about we not talk about Melina right now? I like you as a friend but what we're going through right now is personal.

Alex Shelley
You know what, Morrison?

A sound off in the distance catches Shelley's attention and he ends his conversation with Morrion right there as he goes to investigate and locate the source of the noise. Shelley turns a corner and finds his tag partner, Chris Sabin in a fury - presumably over his loss to Miz earlier in the show. As Sabin shouts profanities attacks the wall with his fists and toes, Shelley doesn't approach him directly but stands off to the side to give his partner his space while he speaks.

Alex Shelley
Truth is, you're not mad because you lost to Miz. Hell, I've been through that traumatizing experience and I was fine by the end of the night. You're mad because losing that tag title should have meant more, you should be feeling worse and now you're trying to make up for the lack of meaning and feelings by pounding on this wall that didn't nothing wrong but be painted that color.

The sound of his partner's voice has had a soothing effect on Sabin, although he has yet to look Shelley's way as if he were afraid to show the shame written all over his face. Sabin ceases his vicious assault on the violent, and angry words have stopped pouring out of his mouth as if a dam had been risen. Sabin leans his forehead on the wall and just stands there as Shelley continues to speak.

Alex Shelley
The fact of the matter is Eye for an Eye is just around the corner, that makes a year since The Guns planted the seeds for their glorious return and we're no better off then than we are now. Week after week, match after match, one tag team exhibition after another, we've been busting our asses to bring something to this company, and a year is a pretty damn long time to be working at something and have nothing to show for it.

Shelley keeps on speaking as he walks over to Sabin and puts a hand on his shoulder.

Alex Shelley
Hell, I'm frustrated too because it wasn't all sunshine, rainbows and unicorns when here for a year geting screwed over by the likes of Tyson Kidd and Kurt Angle. What we need is a vacation, and no that month you spent on the sidelines with injury #458 doesn't count. I'm talking about going somewhere far away from Miz where we can kick back relax and hit on babes wearing so little clothes they might as well be naked. When we come back we don't give up, we just try harder and tackle it from a different angle even if it's just us. Now how about we go get us some pancakes?

Sabin shrugs Shelley's hand off his shoulder then walks away and though he tries to mask it, you can see the frustration on Shelley's face after getting blown off.

Back to top Go down

A conversation between champs
Page 1 of 1