Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014

Go down 
+15
Jiggas
Stunner
DallasBlaike
T-Roll
P1
Bang
Sinister
#NOTSEME
Shadow
James
Zack
P.R Son
Nitro
TheKrzyOne
TheFilthParade
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who will tango with a returning Fandango?
A. Dean Ambrose - Street Fight
XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap35%XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 6 ]
B. Roman Reigns - Flaming Tables Match
XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap53%XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 9 ]
C. Sheamus - Tables, Ladders, and Chairs
XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap12%XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014   XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 5:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Whoops guess who accidentally edited the card instead of quoted it, THIS GUY.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014   XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 10:35 pm

With Breakdown roaring on the cameras are rolling backstage in the interview area as Tony Dawson is stood by with a microphone in his hand as he starts to introduce this next segment

Tony Dawson: Ladies and Gentlemen it's been an exciting night as always here on Breakdown coming to you live from the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon and we still have a lot left in store such as the second of the first round King of the Ring matches where we will see the Big Red Machine Kane go one and one again John Cena, the winner of which will face Cesaro in the Semi-Finals. And who can forget the main event of the evening, as per the results of the XWL Active voting Fandango will be in action for the first time since his return to XWL against the United States champion Roman Reigns who retained his championship at Dead Man's Hand in a grueling Flaming Tables match, the same which which he will compete in in the Mainevent. Speaking of Dead Man's Hand who could forgetting the crowning of a brand new Intercontinental champion Sheamus..

Upon mention of the new champions name, Tony is interrupted by The Showoff, Dolph Ziggler who's seemingly less than impressed with what Tony has said

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 GqhjEpg

Dolph Ziggler: Sheamus? You know what, no hard feelings, he deserves it. Really he deserves that championship, I just wanted, I wanted it SO bad, I just wanted to be considered to get that shot at the title, but it just wasn't meant to be. Not this time anyway. Hey, it's no secret there's a ton of guys, great guys in that locker room who deserve a shot at the Intercontinental championship, but you can't tell me I'm not one of them, just look at me and what I do and look at the rest of them and tell me the difference and the only thing you'll be able to think of is that I do it so much better than them. Every night I go out there and I do one thing and that's the show, and it just so happens I'm pretty good at winning too. EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! I go out there and I steal the show like nobody has ever stole the show before, no matter who's actually on the show, whether I'm in the mainevent, yeah right, when was the last time I was in one of those? Oh I'm opening the show, against whoever it is that I'm against, I always steal the show. And no matter what else happens on that night, everybodies talking about me doing my thing... Which FYI is pretty damn good for someone who looks like a blow up doll... JK, JK, we all know the only thing over inflated around here is Seth's ego.

As Dolph comes to a sudden halt in his speech he quickly swipes his hand through his hair and flicks his hand out in front of him as he glances over at Tony Dawson, before continuing in his monologue

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 ZnB4Z8G

Dolph Ziggler: But hey you know what, the only thing I can do now is make sure next time they don't have a choice in the matter, we're always told if you deserve it, they will take notice and you will be rewarded, and all I can do is make sure Stephanie McMahon takes notice of me so she knows that there's not a single person in this company that deserves a shot at the Intercontinental championship than I do. And I have no problem doing that.

Tony Dawson: Well you're certainly not the only one who's targeting the Intercontinental championship, as earlier in the show the latest Paul Heyman guy, The Ryback sight his sights on the championship as well.

Tony leans the microphone over to Dolph in anticipation of his answer whilst Ziggler ponders to himself over the situation mentioned just now

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 ETXmId5

Dolph Ziggler: Oh right, he's the big guy right? Punches his chest a lot? Constantly wants feeding? Keeps telling people to wake up? Yeah I know all about him. Like I know how the last time he had a shot at that title... he forgot to show up, but now that he's got someone to remember the little details like that for him I'm sure his head is completely... empty... still. But let's face it, if beating The Ryback is what I have to do to get a shot at the belt then that's exactly what I'll do, and if he has a problem with that, or anybody else for that matter then you know where to find me, but you need to know when you do you're stepping up to the hottest star in XWL today, the Heel! The Natural, the Showoff, Boastmaster General or whatever else you want to call me just know that you're going to be looking across the ring at that one guy you wish you were but you will never be, in the ring, out the ring, you name it and I just do it better. 'Sup Brit. This is like the fifth best thing I do and I still do it better than anybody else, so whether it's The Ryback, The Walrus or whoever else that wants to stand in my way you just need to know you just can't touch me.

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 AxHC6Wj

Tony Dawson: Before you get too ahead of yourself Dolph, tonight you go on on one with The One Adam Cole, a relative new comer here in XWL who recently made his debut ina losing effort against Alex Shelley, but his credentials speak for themselves prior to signing with XWL, what do you think of Adam Cole so far?

Dolph Ziggler: What do I think? Tony, come on is that the best question you've got? What do I think of Adam Cole? I am so sick, so damn sick of people asking me what I think about this guy or that guy? What does it matter what I think about somebody else? The only thing that matters is when he steps inside the ring just how long can he try to keep up with me and that's what we're all going to find out later tonight, so until then and only then he's just like everyone else who I haven't faced... and beat yet. Just try not to get too down when you come up short tonight, kid, it just means you're like every other guy in this company, I'm just so damn good, and tonight I'm going to prove that just one more time.

At that moment Ziggler takes a brief pause as he prepares to say his closing line

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Svxw5vU

Dolph Ziggler: Show...

With that said Ziggler leans back as he glances to his left, then over to his right before leaning into the microphone to say one last word

Dolph Ziggler: ...Off.

Now that he's finished speaking Ziggler slowly starts to walk backwards away from Tony Dawson as he runs his hands through his hair again and flicks his hands out towards Tony, then with Tony stood in the interviewing area by himself the camera fades out to a promotional video for XWL Superstar John Cena
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014   XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 7:04 am

Normal Match
XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 NZrihaaXWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 66UV4vk

Dolph Ziggler wins via ZigZag

**The match is over and Adam Cole is laid out on the canvas whilst Dolph Ziggler celebrates his victory. Ziggler eventually leaves the ring whilst Adam Cole is trying to gain his bearings after that hard fought match. Cole wipes the sweat from his brow and looks a little disappointed that he lost that match but he receives a round of applause from the fans for putting on a good match. Adam Cole gets to his feet and claps his hands to gesture a thank you to the fans. Cole exits through the ropes and climbs down where a XWL interviewer looks to be waiting to maybe grab a few words with Adam Cole.**

Interviewer
Adam Cole, I know this seems a little odd that I would want to interview you right after your match but I have been informed to get a few words off you about your match. Thoughts on the last couple of weeks and tonights match.

Adam Cole
Hey you may not think its the best time to do an interview but its okay  man I am here to entertain the fans and if they want to hear what I got to say then I got all the time in the world. Gimme a second just to catch my breath because that guy gave me a hell of a match. Here we go. Yeah that Dolph Ziggler is one hell of a athlete but I knew that going into this match, I knew it wasn't going to be a walk in the park when it comes to him. I thought I had my moments but like 2 weeks ago when I faced Alex Shelley, I just wasn't up to their standard and in the end I lost.

Interviewer
Last Night was Dead Mans Hand which you wasn't apart of, were you disappointed by this and what are your plans going forward in XWL?

Adam Cole
Well I haven't been here two minutes so I am not expecting to be booked on the PPV when there was so many great matches on there. I mean heck I enjoyed just watching it and hopefully I will get to showcase myself on the next........

** Adam Cole is then cut off mid sentence...**

**It's the theme of Bad News Barrett! The Crowd boo as Cole looks up to the stage, clearly upset at being cut off. The Podium of Wade Barrett raises up at side of the stage

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 3_zps6639a739

Wade bangs his gavel multiple times

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 4_zps9be1aa44

[Wade Barrett]
Can I have some decorum please?!

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 9_zps7912af05

[Wade Barrett]
Adam Cole...I'd say I'm sorry to interrupt you but....I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS! You are no longer in the minor leagues, you are now in a company that actually means something. So losing to the likes of Dolph Ziggler isn't something you can just brush over...But let's face it, It makes no difference because you will NEVER be in the same league as Wade Barrett!

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 10_zpsbeb4e6a6

[Wade Barrett]
But what gets me even more than that untallented Muppet in the ring is that you people actually buy into this, you actually buy a ticket to this show! How you can buy a ticket to a show where Wade Barrett is stuck facing some nobody like Enzo Amore... yet you get matches like this, you get a main event including Fandango...And yet..you people still come to the show!

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 13_zps283e44e1

[Wade Barrett]
It seems pretty clear to me that you people need me! You people need me to actually come out here so you finally be properly entertained. But unfortunately for you people.. I am not here to entertain you, I am not here for you people... I am here for me! and since my competition in this company is obviously lacklustre as you all just saw, I can assure you that Wade Barrett is the present and the future of this company!

** Wade once again slams down his gavel and laughs as the crowd boo and a clearly pissed off Adam Cole just exits the ring..**

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 16_zps470d4211

** The Bad News Barrett logo stamps on the screen as Breakdown fades to yet another commercial**

Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014   XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 12:37 pm

Breakdown cuts backstage once again, to see Todd Grisham standing by

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Hbk1

[Todd Grisham]
Ladies and Gentlemen, Earlier tonight I spoke to one half of D-Generation X and One Third of the Triple Threat at Supremacy.. Joining me right now, is the other half of D-Generation X....

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Hbk5

[Todd Grisham]
The Heartbreak Kid! Shawn Michaels!

Right on cue Shawn Michaels walks on screen, he pats Todd on the shoulder

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Hbk7

[Todd Grisham]
Shawn, I'm sure you saw the response of your Tag Team Partner and Best Friend..Triple H. What is your response to the announcement made earlier tonight by the owner of XWL..Vince McMahon?

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Hbk8

[Shawn Michaels]
You know, Todd.... I don't think anybody saw it coming. I certainly didn't, infact I thought the last thing Vince would do is give me and Hunter a title shot. But Vince made it clear that isn't because me and Hunter goes out to that ring every week and busts our ass.. But because he thinks that will split up D-Generation X. He thinks that the World Championship will get between Me and Hunter...But he's wrong. Getting a title shot will just make our bond stronger, it will make us stronger than we've ever been before. Vince McMahons plan will again backfire and it will be the same outcome as Dead Mans Hand... The Wyatt Family learned a lesson, but obviously Vince didn't get that message.

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Hbk9

[Shawn Michaels]
Me and Hunter set a goal when D-Generation X reformed... That goal was for one of us to be World Heavyweight Champion.. We said from day one that we wanted to be stood in the centre of that ring with one of us holding the World Title. It doesn't matter which one of us that is, our friendship is stronger than that. Vince can try play the games he wants to play...but all he's done is finally gave DX what we deserve. Come Supremacy, Todd... this whole plan of Vinny Mac's will blow up in his face. Whether it's me kicking Deam Ambrose square in the face... or Hunter planting him into the mat with a pedigree... That World Championship will be coming to D-Generation X.

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Hbk6

[Shawn Michaels]
There's no denying that me and Hunter used to have two of the biggest ego's ever seen, but our friendship means more to us than any championship ever could, Todd. But to see the look on Vince's face when me or Hunter are left standing with that World Championship... Will mean more than any accomplishment ever could.

Shawn once again pats Todd on the shoulder, before exiting off screen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014   XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 3:16 pm

As Breakdown rolls on, the arena sits anxiously, waiting for the next promo or match-up, when suddenly..

[Micheal Cole]

Well ladies and gentlemen, I for one am excited for this match, so I can see the Outsiders destroy Zack Ryder after how he dared to mock them earlier on tonight.
[Jerry Lawler]

Cole, I'll admit that the Outsiders aren't exactly two folks to mess with, but it was just a little humor, and they'll probably understand that.
As Zack Ryder is try to about to enter the ring however, he's attacked from behind! Who would do such a thing? As the camera gets a better look, it's Kevin Nash! Closely behind him is Scott Hall, and the two of them begin a beat down on Zack Ryder! Some refs come down to try and stop them, but they are merely pushed aside. Suddenly, Hall goes over to the ring apron, and produces two steel chairs. He hands one over to Nash, and a beat down with the chairs ensures! One shot after another on Ryder, it seems the carnage will never stop! But for a second it does, and he's picked up by Scott Hall! He hits Zack Ryder with the Outsider's Edge right onto the steel steps!It's not over yet though, as Kevin Nash hits him with a Jackknife Powerbomb onto the steel steps! Nash rolls Ryder into the ring and yells at the ref to start the match. The ref complies in fear for his life, and all Nash has to step is simply put his foot on Ryder for the 1, 2, 3.

The ref raises Nash's hand, and Nash stares down at Ryder's unconscious body. Medical staff comes quickly to attend to him as Breakdown rolls on.

Back to top Go down
Moontan
Mid Card
Moontan

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014   XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 3:42 pm

*As Breakdown returns from commercial we see Xavier Woods walking around in the locker room when he spots Dan the camera man*

{Woods}
Hey Dan my man how you doing?

{Dan the Cameraman}
I’m doing alright Xavier thanks for asking.

{Woods}
How’s the wife?

{Dan}
Well she’s still here which means my aim hasn’t improved yet haha.

{Woods}
Haha I feel you, but what are you doing in the locker room. Don’t you have to go film some interview or something?

{Dan}
Yea I should be doing these King of The Ring interviews but I’m just so tired of hearing them talk. I mean did you see that Kenny King interview?

{Woods}
Who?

{Dan}
Kenny King? You know about yay tall. Used to be the U.S Champ. In the King of The Ring Tournament.

{Woods}
Oh! You mean the stripper the gap. Yea I saw that and I apologize for you having to film that.

{Dan}
Hey, it’s part of the job. By the way how do you feel about not being in the King of The Ring?

{Woods}
Honestly I’m ok with it. Of course every chance that comes around you want to be a part of but being in this business you learn not to get disappointed. You learn to turn everything that doesn’t go your way in to fuel that motivates you to get that much better. Plus having this little contract by my side lessens that pain haha. But all 8 men in the King of The Ring deserve to be there, well besides the stripper but I digress.  

{Dan}
I remember you took a little time off after Final Stand. SO how does it feel to be back?

{Woods}
I thought you were a camera man not an Interviewer haha.

{Dan}
I took an online class so I figured I would try it out.

{Woods}
Hey more power to ya. But to answer your question it feels great to be back. I’m healed up, got my mind back on straight, got my studies in order and I’m ready to see what comes next. Be that Roman Reigns, Sheamus, Seth Rollins, hell even my good buddy EY who seems to be feeling a little off lately I should check on him…….Oh yea my bad. But any challenge that wants to appear I am ready to take on. Don’t sue me for copyright infringement or hate me but I BoLieve that anything can be done here if you want it bad enough…..I can’t believe I just said that.

*Woods shakes his head and looks to the door to see Matt Striker standing there in shock*

{Woods}
Man Matt I know. I hate myself for saying that too but it just happened. But I’ve got a match to get ready for so Dan you practice your interviewing on my good buddy Matt Striker and I will see you both later.

*Woods then gets up and walks out the locker room as we go back to ringside for the next match*

Stupid form wouldnt let me color code it so this is the best i could do
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014   XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 4:01 pm

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 DpeCpKi
XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Xv0v93QXWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 AYlpkr3

John Cena def.  Kane

-   Because Dash has stuff going on so a better result can't be done, you'll be alright though the card's almost over, not like you'd have read a big ol' write up anyways, now go fix yourself something to drink, you deserve it.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014   XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 4:28 pm

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 QIrc3Bt XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 90Y9iDx

Back from a break, we’re thrust right into the thick of the action where Cody has Red right where he wants him, trapped in the middle of the ring, with a sleeper locked in. Standing on the outside of the ring is Don West who begins pounding on the apron to garner support for his client and soon the thousands in attendance begin clapping along trying to get Red back into the match.

Red begins fighting his way to his feet and once he gets there he begins driving the point of his elbow deep into Cody’s gut until his grip around Red’s neck is broken. Red tries to dash over to the ropes, but Cody grabs his tights and pulls him back into his arms in position to get hit with a Cross Rhodes, but the smaller man is able to slip out of Cody’s grasp. Before he can do anything else Cody rakes him across the eyes thought Red charges at him anyway and gets easily sidestepped.

Cody throws him over the rope thought Red is able to land safely on the apron. Cody races over only to take a tumble out of the ring when Red pulls down the top rope. Red springboards off the top rope and nails Cody with an Infrared! The Ref’s count gets to 8 and Red is nearly in the ring but is too hurt and both men get counted out!!!!

!
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014   XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 4:30 pm

With a long night now nearing it's close, the fans have restocked on all of their goodies and paid a visit to the bathrooms so that they don't miss a minute of tonight's Main Attraction, The return to the ring of the one, the only, the weirdly enticing Fandango. All night fans have been voting to determine which of XWL's finest champions, would tango with the once undefeated Fandango. In an added twist, this isn't just an ordinary match, they're not just picking the champion, they're ultimately deciding what type of match it will be as well. Attached to each champion is the match type that they won at Dead Mans Hand, the wheel decided the match last night, but tonight, the decision lays in the hands of the XWL fans. Will Fandango start a new streak, or will we be sweeping his glittered remains off of the canvas?

The time for questions is now over, for the unmistakable theme of Fandango sounds through a one silent arena, garnering a mild reception that mostly consists of boos, with one, two, or a maximum of three fans going against the grain and cheering. His return last night at the start of Dead Mans Hand did not do him any favors, he seduced, and used Lillian Garcia right before our eyes, before dropping her like a bad habit, deeming her an abomination to the art that is dance. Fans might have been excited to see him last night, but tonight is a whole different story. Still, all eyes are on the stage, they might not be happy eyes, but he's got their full attention.  

[King]
This is it, the moment I've been waiting for all night, the return of...FaaaanDaaaangooo

[JR]
As far as I'm concerned it's Fandango, I don't need to breathe in any A's, I just need to see him do what he's here to do, and that's wrestle.

[King]
But JR, there's so much more to him, he's the jack of all trades.

[JR]
After his little stunt at Dead Mans Hand, he's a jack something alright.

[Michael Cole]
You two stop, I think we can all agree he made quite the extravagant return, and now here he is, in the final match of this evening, against either The Intercontinental Champion, The United States Champion, or The World Heavyweight Champion.

[King]
A tremendous opportunity, but also a dangerous one. It's not going to be just a one fall match, it could be a Street Fight, a Flaming Tables Match, or even A Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match!

[JR]
I suppose after tonight we'll truly see if he's more than just a flash in the pan.

[Michael Cole]
We've seen him before and he's ac- wait...look, on the stage!

We were looking at an elongated shot of the arena, with the lights flashing all around, but the camera switches the second a figure steps out from the back, rhythmically moving to the beat of the song. It's a similar sight to what we saw when Fandango first came out last night, but there's something different, it's not some unknown dancer spinning across the stage, it's Layla! Wearing the dress Fandango put in her hands earlier in the show, it appears that she's warmed up to the proposition, the light bouncing off her sparkling attire, the mood lighting up the second Layla's recognized, the cheers fighting the once winning boos to give us a full on mixed reaction.  

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 IcGVzoAc2pIJq

[King]
Looks like Fandango's gift was all it took to get Layla to agree to accompany him out here.

[JR]
I'm not sure how I feel about this, just last night Layla was fighting for The Divas Championship, now she's dancing alongside a guy like Fandango?

[Michael Cole]
Fandango knows how to sweet talk a lady, and he really was rather persistent with Layla earlier. I didn't understand half the things he said, but Layla was putty in his hands by the end of it.

Once Layla's twirling had finished,  she snaps her fingers fiercely, then throws up her arm, extending it to her side like the hand of a clock, leading our attention to the left of the screen, where Fandango bursts through the curtain, walking forward with a bit of fancy foot work, while Layla stands in place, smiling and moving to the beat. Their eyes meet, Fandango steps closer, gives her his hand, she immediately takes it, being spun into his arms, pressed against his chest, their arms interlocked as she shimmies down. Rising back up just in time for him to spin her out, and unison their hands fan out at opposite sides, striking a pose together.

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 IiXAERZ7Cylfk

He whirls her back close to him, her leg kicking up, resting on his hand just in time for him to dip her back, flashing a confident grin the camera. Popping her back up, their eyes meet once more, this time, it lasts longer, it's more intimate, as if they're looking into each other's souls.  

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 O9h9sN5

[Michael Cole]
I can guarantee you nobody has ever wanted to be Fandango as much as they wish they were right now.

[King]
They're so insync, I'm a little jealous right now myself!

[JR]
Before Layla was a three time champion, had all of the accolades she's accumulated, she was a dancer for The Miami Heat, no doubt that's coming into play right here.

[Michael Cole]
Once you've got it, you never lose it. She might not have been ballroom dancing, but she's doing quite well if I may say so myself. I don't know what it is about Fandango, but he really knows how to entice the ladies.

[King]
First Lillian last night, now Layla tonight, but will she quote unquote, fail too?

Layla's the first to look away, Fandango releases he leg, and then spins her in a circle, once, twice, three times, and four you can tell she wasn't expecting, ending their insync spree once momentarily becomes dizzy and starts to fall back in front of him. But his arms act as a safety net for her, binding close together and catching her almost as if he had planned it to go like that. Layla looks back up at him, partially confused, thankful, and a little embarrassed, she pulls up, recovering like a pro that just screwed up by acting like she didn't. Her arms swaying once she's to her feet, spinning full circle to make up for what just happened, then Layla raises her hand up for him to take. Fandango seems impressed by this, grabbing her hand, and kissing it before leading his lady down the ramp.

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 IKeTYDAcvdRn7

[JR]
Layla caught a lucky break there, that could have lead to full on embarrassment.

[King]
Fandango actually caught her, and he didn't let her go, maybe giving her a second chance due to the fact that she's naturally a little rusty?

[Michael Cole]
Layla almost blew it, points for getting back to it like nothing happened, but she almost made him look bad.

Together they walk down the ramp, putting the dancing on hold for a bit, or so Layla thought. As they reach the halfway portion of the ramp way, Fandango suddenly stops, prompting Layla to stop as well, unsure of what the reason behind that is. But she smiles, waiting for his instruction, he turns to her, raises his left hand up, she places her left hand on his, not prepared for what happens next. His right arm pulls her closer, resting on the upper half of her back now, then he gives her a nod, and starts leading her down the rest of the ramp in a take on the waltz. She goes with it, trying not to screw up again, their legs dangerously close together with each step, tripping would be quite easy, but somehow they don't. They turn the corner, circling around the ring post, again not slipping up one bit, until they reach the ring and stop.

[King]
That was certainly something! Look how smooth Fandango is on his feet!

[Michael Cole]
He left some time ago to find himself, to find what he was put on this Earth to do, and this guy was definitely designed to dance!

[JR]
I never thought I'd see the waltz in XWL, but much like someone being thrown off the stage, I suppose anything can in fact happen here.

Fandango's hands grasp Layla just under her arms, and within a moment notice...he lifts her up above his head staring up at her with a grin on his face, while she fights the need to scream and does the only thing she can do, keep her legs straight, her arms poised, and a look on her face like she's not at all saying "please don't drop me" over and over in her head. But Fandango has a method to his weird madness, carrying her closer to the ropes so that her feet can land on the bottom rope, setting her up perfectly for her trademark pose on the ropes. She gets in position, and Fandango leaves her to jump up onto the apron, his back against the ropes, his leg curled against the ring post, and although we can't hear it. He slowly pronounces his name, while Layla glides across the ropes, putting an elegant twist on her. She dismounts the ropes, backing away in time for Fandango to kick up his feet over the top rope.  

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 IyqAMOLsG5JlH

With an impressive performance behind them, the two each take a spot in the center of the ring, ready to strike one hell of a finishing pose. Layla's legs wrap around Fandango's their chests press up against one another, then with his aid Layla drops down to the mat, and Fandango strikes his own signature pose. Just in time for us to cutaway to a pre match interview with the man that's about to dance with a champion.  

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 G36ShJm

[Fandango]
It doesn't matter...what you people...vote. Faaaaan....Daaaan....Gooo is leaps, and bounds above your so called, champions...

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 OwFTLY9

[Fandango]
I've traveled the world, perfecting...a true art. I am the only...champion that...matters. Daaaancing is above The United States, it transcends above all Intercontinental passages...and it's bigger than....the world.

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 TisnSXZ

[Fandango]
So if you want, me...to step in the ring with...a so called "champion" then your wish, shall be granted..but remember, this was not my doing, it was yours...the only daaancing The Irish know how to do...is in a bar. Romaine's two left...feet won't be getting anywhere...near me.

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 T6k72FY

[Fandango]
Dane is the bane...of my existence, I bet he doesn't even know how to two step, what kind of...champion is...that?

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Weni89Q

[Fandango]
This place needs a little more, Faan..Daaaan...Go...and a little less deformed...clueless scoundrels...running around here claiming to be the best...in the world. You ain't seen the best...until you've seen....Faaaaaaaaaaaan....Daaaaaaaaaan..Gooooo...

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 N2A7LqH
[Fandango]
Put that money, in your bank...

His mouth opens widely, smiling at his last remark, turning to Layla to get her approving smile, then stares back at the camera as the footage ends, and we see Layla and Fandango conversing in the ring.

[Michael Cole]
He's certainly got a way with words, Sheamus, Roman, Dean, and CM Punk all put on blast by the bedazzled superstar.

[JR]
Anyone can talk a little trash about those that are currently higher up than you, but can he actually defeat one of them?

[King]
Sure he can JR, with moves like that he's gonna dance all over the competition.

Fandango starts to remove his vest, slowly sliding it down his arms until he stops just before it's off of him. He turns to Layla, motioning with his eyes to remove it for him. Layla looks a little puzzled at first, he seemed to have had that covered himself, but being the person that she is she grabs the vest, moving it down his wrists until his arms are free. The British Beauty goes to hand it back to him, but he just smiles, grabbing her wrists, moving the vest up close to her chest. He says in a raspy yet soft at the same time tone, "For you....my lovely...Lay...day..."  Releasing her arms, his singular finger brushes up against her lips, gliding down her chin, continuing down her neck until she quickly pulls away. A smile appears on his face, his finger pressing just under his nose, and we so very clearly can see him smell that finger. His eyes close, and this becomes too much for Layla, stepping close to the ropes and exiting out of the ring. She remains ringside, but she was really creeped out by that last stunt Fandango pulled. As his eyes reopen, he finds that his lady has exited the ring, his theme soon stops, and his opponent's theme and this one begins...

[JR]
What?!

[Michael Cole]
What the hell is going on? He's not one of the choices!

[King]
Looks like CM Punk's chosen him!

The crowd erupts with the biggest pop of the night as the unexpected arrival of CM Punk is upon us! Fandango's face says it all, that confidence that once oozed from him has since dried up. Punk runs out from the back, without his briefcase and without hesitation. The Mr. Money in The Bank dashes down the ramp, running past any extended hands from the fans, nearing the ring at a dangerously fast pace. Dangerous for Fandango of course, he backs into the ropes, cornered, or so it would seem. The second Punk slides into the ring, Fandango drops down, rolling out in the nick of time, avoiding Punk's attempted attack, barely.

[Michael Cole]
What's Punk's problem?

[JR]
If I had to guess, I'd say that remark Fandango made just a minute ago.

[Michael Cole]
Seriously? This guy's just trouble, always trying to start something with someone for no reason!

[King]
It's not exactly without reason, Cole. Punk's someone that will tell you to say it to his face, if you're going to say it at all.

[JR]
Exactly, Fandango might have sparked a buzz with his return, but he's not going to just get away with taking digs at someone like CM Punk, that's for damn sure.

Stumbling away, Fandango nearly trips over himself a few times as he runs around the ring, holding Layla's hand and taking her with him whether she wants to follow or not. Punk's furious, as are the fans, booing loudly at Fandango dancing away like a coward.

[King]
What about our Main-Event?

[JR]
Doesn't look like it, King. Punk wants him some of Fandango, and he's not leaving that ring until gets him.

CM Punk paces back and forth in the ring while Fandango quick steps his way up the ramp with his lovely entourage Layla. Punk looks clearly pissed off, he stares up the ramp at the dancing duo, Layla is tending to Fandango, making sure he is alright after narrowly having a run in with the Straight Edge Superstar by the skin of his teeth. Punk walks over to the corner and demands a microphone which is presented to him sharpish. Punk turns his attention back to Fandango, who is now located on the stage upset at having his return interupted, while Layla stands by him with a look of concern. Punk raises the microphone to his mouth.

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 8FXrVbS

[[CM Punk]]
Here is the deal, Fandango or Faaaaaaan-Daaaaaaaaan-Goooooooo if you'd prefer? I know you might be fresh back into this company and while not being employed for a while might have changed your thought process but allow me remind you of something, there is always that one golden rule when it comes to XWL, it has been in place since day one, it is still in place today and it will be in place until the day that I leave this Earth. You have been in and out of here before so you had a long time to get yourself familiar with it, so whatever excuses that are floating around inside your head right now, whatever pitiful reason you're thinking of giving me, forget it because as far as I'm concerned you had your fair share of time to get familiar with that rule and that rule is you don't get on the wrong side of CM Punk!

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 HO3Bk55

[[CM Punk]]
That right there is a difficult task in itself, some people do it accidentally and it does not work out well for them but it's those people that go out of their way that get under my skin, that get my blood boiling and while everyone else might be thinking it was a harmless little comment, maybe trying to make a statement but what I see is a severe lack of respect and I will not be disrespected! You can talk trash about anyone in the back and more often than not it will come to nothing, it will go over their heads because quite frankly they are just too damn lazy to keep up to date with the product but as soon as you mention my name? As soon as you think you convince yourself that you have the balls to bring me into your little insult party then you find yourself with a very large problem on your hands because I will not take it lightly! It will not go over my head, it will not be forgiven and you will quickly find yourself butting heads with the Best in the World!

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 O5wzJho

[[CM Punk]]
You can make your idle threats and your false promises about overcoming a Champion in your first match back in XWL but you made your first and last mistake here tonight because now you get to learn the cold hard dose of reality when it comes to CM Punk, you've made the same assumption that everybody else has made, you have made their mistake and trust me when I tell you it did not end well for them. You get to find out first hand just what I am capable of, you get to find out first hand that everything I say shall come to pass because unlike everybody else in this company what I say I follow up on, the words I speak I back up and you better believe that there are no empty threats when it comes to CM Punk! Your first mistake was calling me out, your second mistake was not taking your lumps like a man because now I get to stew on it for a week and I hold grudges, this feeling will not miraculously disappear it will only become more intense with time.

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 MOv6hO9

[[CM Punk]]
So here is what's going to happen. You can climb back into this ring and you can fight like a man, right here and right now! That way maybe you will spare yourself some embarrassment over the next few weeks and maybe, just maybe I won't feel the need to break those little dancing legs of yours. That of course is the first of two options, the first of which provided is what some would call the “Smart” option but I know for a fact that nobody ever takes the smart option because people are too stupid to make that choice so I will present you with the second option. You can run, you can leave with your tail tucked snuggly between your legs and hope that Layla's strength is better than her dancing skills to be able to wrench your tail out between your legs before next week, but know this 'Dango, the latter is not the road you want to take because it might take a week, it might take a month but I will find you and when I do I will make sure you can no longer pronounce your stupid little name. So run like a coward, hide up until next week and come back with your big statement about how you're not afraid of CM Punk but know this, the sand is already falling, your time is quickly running out because one way or another I will get my hands on you and I will put you to sleep!

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 GN2RdzX

[[CM Punk]]
“Put that money, in your bank....”

Mocking what Fandango said earlier in the night when referring to CM Punk, Punk lets his intentions heard and those words might not have been the greatest thing to hear if you go by the name of Fandango. Punk drops the microphone and climbs onto the middle rope with his arms outstretched just waiting to see which option Fandango will opt for. Punk can clearly be heard saying “Come On!” trying to tempt Fandango down to the ring so they can fight right here and right now.

[Michael Cole]
Hey, get your own material!

[King]
Oh shut up, Cole.

[JR]
CM Punk giving Fandango a little lesson in respect.

[Michael Cole]
Shouldn't CM Punk be worried about not flopping in his cash in and less about throwing his weight around like he's a big man? Fandango just returned, this is out right bullying. He's mad that Fandango's return sparked a buzz bigger than anything he's ever had, and so of course he has to throw himself into things.

With the lovely Layla by his side, Fandango stares back at Punk, weighing up the options in his head. An instantaneous rage appears on his face, he turns away from Layla, kicking the air as if he had just punted a football across a field. The British diva keeps her distance, not wanting to get too close due to Fandango's irate behavior. After watching the imaginary football fly away, he turns back to CM Punk, his arm extending out, one solitary index finger directed at him. Punk motions for him to bring it, to dance his little ass to that ring and tempt fate. But that stone still finger soon begins to wag from side to side, a huge grin appear on Fandango's face. The once wagging finger joins the other four on that hand in a full cupped grasp on his chest, slowly stroking his pec as he stares at a ready to go CM Punk.  

[JR]
Quite the strange reaction there, something's not right with this kid.

[Michael Cole]
He's obviously laughing because CM Punk's a joke. Punk thinks Fandango's going to walk into an ambush that easily?

[King]
Cole, if you're going to go calling people out, sooner or later, someone's going to answer.  

The creepy gaze Fandango was giving CM Punk finally ends, leaving CM Punk to wonder what the hell his deal is. It's blatantly apparent now that Fandango has no interest in mixing it up with CM Punk, he was supposed to face a champion...and a champion Punk is not. Grabbing Layla's hand, he spins her into his arms, before dipping her, then once again giving CM Punk his attention with a raised eyebrow. Punk's not impressed one bit, he wants to fight not spectate some dancing performance. He steps off the ropes, sitting on the second rope with one leg, raising the top rope up, inviting Fandango into the ring one final time. He gives him the chance to prove he's more than just a creepy coward, practically begging him to get in that ring...but Fandango simply shakes his head, raising Layla back up, and shouting "We have reservations!" He turns away from Punk, starting to sashay away with Layla following not far behind.

[JR]
They have reservations? What kind of cockamamie excuse is that?

[King]
To be fair, JR...reservations are pretty hard to cancel. There's a big fee, and if you try to get a reservation some other night they'll make you go through a whole song and dance just to get it.

[Michael Cole]
Yeah, what King said!

[JR]
I don't like Layla getting mixed up with this guy, he's running away from a fight, she never does that, why would she support someone that would?

[King]
In her defense, and Faadaangoo's...it is CM Punk, and technically by all terms, he's been advertised to be competing against a champion, not former, or future, but a champion right now.....it's just bad timing. I'm sure next week he'll be more than happy to take Punk up on his challenge.

[Michael Cole]
Why does he have to anyways? What does he have to prove to a guy like CM Punk? Fandango is a class act, he's sophisticated, skilled in many ways, and his first official night back...he closed the show! Not The World Heavyweight Champion, and not CM Punk! Punk's just jealous, and if he's not careful, Fandango's going to be the one that teaches him a lesson.

[JR]
We'll see about that, Cole...Fandango's avoided a scuffle with CM Punk for now, but something tells me we'll soon be seeing The Creep of Personality, square off against The Cult of Personality. Good night everybody, don't forget to tune in next week as The King of The Ring tournament continues, and much much more.

The crowd boos as Fandango heads up the ramp, in so many words, with his tail between his legs. But while the majority may see him as a coward, he sees himself quiet differently. They were just about to step through the curtain when  Fandango turns around one final time, the camera zooming out, catching Punk as he shouts "You're mine next week!" The Ballroom Brawler doesn't flinch by Punk's threat, simply saying in just a loud enough tone "Cry me a river...Punk.." Will CM Punk make good on his promise to get Fandango next week? Will Layla join Fandango for another dance? Will Fandango stroke his chest and make everyone uncomfortable? Well, that answer we do know, but for the rest, find out next week on Breakdown!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014   XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Breakdown : 5/16/2014- 5/23/2014
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4