Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 - 7/29/2020

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  Empty
PostSubject: Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 - 7/29/2020    Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 5:00 pm

UPDATE:  As posted on discord having some personal issues and with the blessing of members that spoke up the original deadline has been extended to The 29th at 4:30.

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  8mwH5vh

LIVE FROM: Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ARENA FOR MATCHES: NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  ZhAwcdK

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  OLmkseU

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  0sukpur

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  CuQZnvz

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  6Djaist

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  MqS3Cam

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  KgA0U4h

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  VladQWZ

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  I0TByeP

MAIN EVENT

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  CncgtTq

Last edited by P.R Son on Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 - 7/29/2020    Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 6:04 pm

As Dead Man's Hand officially begins tonight's broadcast, we're taken to a desolate dusty trail with a sign that looks far newer and important than anything surrounding it. There's dead bushes on both sides of the "road" and we only recognize it as a road due to the wheel like tracks in the dirt, but it's certainly not car tracks no it's much thinner. But as we focus in on the sign we learn that it's alerting us of a town ahead, Roode's Burg. On the wooden sign etched along with the name is a phrase in quotation marks as if it's their town slogan and it reads "It Pays To Be Roode." As the camera proceeds onward, it's as if we're in spectator mode of some kind of video game, we're zooming through the trek to this town in no time at all, and as we finally land in civilization in "Roode's Burg" we can't help but notice the largest building in the very end of the path past all the smaller shacks and multi layered buildings that look like they haven't been kept up in decades upon decades...but the building at the end of the road? That is pristine, that is lit up and bursting with color as if a great dal of effort has been put into it.

We try to make out what it is, or what it's called but before our focus can get that far we can't help but notice AJ Styles and The O.C fleeing the bank to our right as they carry away cartoonishly sized bags of money. They're not dressed as we know them to be usually dressed, no they're wearing classic western attire, including bandannas over the lower half of the face and they start to climb on top of their horses to flee the scene of the crime, But as AJ hops on his horse with the assistance of The O.C suddenly PAUL HEYMAN comes running through the batwing doors shouting "GET BACK HERE!!" But the three just laugh as Gallows and Anderson start to unhitch their horses...but their laughter soon ends as a horse comes galloping from the distance with a much larger man seemingly coming to the aid of Heyman...and it's quick to realize it's Brock Lesnar. "NOW YOU THREE ARE GOING TO GET IT! GET THEM, BROCK! TAKE THEM BACK TO SUPLEX CITY WHERE THEY BELONG!" Immediately the three start to panic and speed away with Brock not far behind them leaving a fog of dust in their wake as something else soon gets our attention instead of seeing how that chase ends up.

A crowd has swarmed out of the left building where loud commotion and yelling can be heard. Even faint grunting sounds to which we soon realize is the sound of an old fashioned scuffle in the west. On top in control is Kevin Owens, he's not the best dressed man in the land, very grungy outfit that doesn't really make him look like the most pleasant guy to be around or even want to have near you. But as he pummels his foe he's quickly blinded by a sudden throw of dirt to his eyes from his victim and there the man we now find to be Tommaso Ciampa starts to return the beating Owens just gave him with one of his own. The rabid audience around there are screaming all sorts of things such as "SHOW HIM WHO HIS DADDY IS!" AND "FIGHT OWENS FIGHT!"

You would think this scene would captivate our attention for the rest of the time because it's certainly been ugly from the get-go, but suddenly the crying pleas of a woman echo through our ears and the camera yet again does a massive time leap as he zip to the scene in question where Natalya lies face first into a horse's trough as the likes of Alexa, Tegan, and Beth quickly rush to pull her out of it horrified by what they've discovered and wondering WHO could have done such a thing?That's when Tegan notices something in the shadows and yells out "HEY! YOU GET BACK HERE, DID YOU DO THIS?!" She along with Alexa quickly rush into the dark leaving Beth to try and tend to Natalya as she shouts for help.

We leave this scene for now hoping she does get that help but yet again as if we're in spectator mode and we do not actually exist in this world as a physical being we zip ahead until we hear the sound of a shovel being driven into dirt and we see a lowered fenced area with headstones surrounded the area and what looks to be the town's "Undertaker" digging a hole for a new unfortunate inhabitant of this western graveyard, and as we look closer we realize it's actually The Undertaker in all black as the tombstone for the grave reads "Velveteen Dream" with the inscription "His Dream Became A Nightmare" this is eerie that we do not even if he can't see us want to be anywhere near this so we turn right around and head back the way we came when finally as we turn we see the bigger building we saw as soon as we arrived in Roode's Burg and we notice the sign above it reads "Roode Dog Saloon" with sounds of music and laughter coming from inside as if everyone is having a good ol time...all while you know, the same can't exactly be said for what's happening outside of it based on the things we've seen along the way to approaching this building.

But as we prepared to enter this bustling joint, suddenly shouts of "NO!" can be heard as the doors pop open and Sami Zayn is pushed through digging his heels into the dirt as he reaches the outside as Daniel Bryan sporting a "deputy" badge is responding to his cries of "no" in the most Daniel Bryan way given recent developments...and that's when loudly animated shouts of  "YES!" Deputy Daniel Bryan with a cuffed Zayn shoves the defiant Zayn further ahead who is fighting him every step of the way but his efforts don't seem to be too successful as Bryan herds him further ahead to the building that reads "jail" in the distance.

At last we step through the doors and it's a smorgasbord of all kinds of Superstars enjoying themselves in the classic western ways. Shayna Baszler, Asuka, Sarah Logan, Mia Yim, and Bayley are gathered around a table apparently playing poker as an empty table on the stage sits The Women's Champion Sasha Banks with her feet propped up on the table as she confidently shuffles her cards awaiting the winner of that match to try to unseat her as the champ. We're uncertain who might be winning, Shayna has a sinister smirk on her face, but that's her usual expression so it's not really a tell of how good her hand might be. Asuka is animatedly nodding to herself as she giddily waves her hand back and forth very pleased with her hand...but maybe that's to throw the others off and her hand isn't as good as it seems? Bayley isn't exactly a "poker face" kind of person she's just happy, whether that's because of her own hand or the prospect of just having a good clean game. Sarah Logan intensely stares at her cards, there's no level of excitement or frustration...it's more so such a deep level of focus that doesn't want to blow this opportunity that awaits the winner of this game. While Mia? She isn't so much focused on her cards as she is on Sasha Banks...glaring at her from her seat, specifically The Women's Championship near her.

Roman Reigns, Goldberg, and Chad Gable are bickering amongst each other in front of a large portrait of "The Bastard Of The Land" PAC posed with her cherished possession The Intercontinental Championship citing that THEY can be the one to unseat him, Karl Anderson of course is in that running as well but he's too busy fleeing the wrath of a Beast alongside the rest of his O.C crew to take part in such a trivial dispute. After all when they have their showdown at high noon THAT is will ultimately determine who that opportunity will go to.

As we shift from their "No you won't" and "I will" we see Kairi Sane enjoying the music from the piano player, as her North American Championship proudly sits on her shoulder. She even starts to "ding" one of the keys as she laughs in enjoyment...but that enjoyment is soon stopped by the appearance of Io Shirai who grabs Kairi's title from off her shoulder and screams "MINE! Kairi responds by snatching it back "NO, MINE!" and the two get into a tug of war as they bicker but it mostly seems harmless, just a little disagreement over ownership of property so we focus on what we see next which ends up being Jeff Hardy and Aleister Black seated at the bar along with an unidentified man and woman.

Aleister signals to the barkeep towards Jeff and Hardy is soon presented a drink to which he politely declines...however such an action is simply unheard of in these parts, and so Aleister grabs the drink himself then stands up as he presents it to Jeff insisting he take it. Jeff again says no to which Aleister pushes it again..and Hardy having enough shoves the drink out of the way causing it to fall to the floor as glass shatters and beer spills to the floor. Aleister and Jeff soon get into a heated stare-down, but before they could come to blows we turn and see none other than the Sheriff of these parts Robert Roode dressed in a nice dark suit and tie with The World Heavyweight Championship around his waist.

He's joined by Jon Moxley dressed far dirtier than his fellow Enterprise member and there's blood stained on his knuckles from a recent scuffle. The two enter the parlor and take a seat, Mox turning his chair around and sitting rather traditionally, while Roode removes his jacket and places it on the chair before removing The World Heavyweight Championship and placing it on the table. He signals for a drink for he and Mox, then starts to relax as he enjoys the music playing and the heated poker matches taking place...until suddenly...a hush comes over the entire parlor, as The Apex Predator of these parts...and one of Roode's Burg's MOST WANTED casually steps into the parlor.

He eyes the Sheriff, tipping his hat to him, then walks past him to an empty table, but before he can take a seat, Roode and Mox throw their chairs down and march over to him. "YOU'VE GOT A LOT OF NERVE SHOWING YOUR FACE AROUND HERE, PUNK!" The Sheriff quips, to which Orton simply turns around and with a drink swiped from off another person's table, he throws it's contents straight into Roode's face, causing The Sheriff to stumble right into Mox, who stumbles right into Aleister Black who had turned away from Jeff...and thinks it was Jeff who struck him so he turns and lays into Jeff with a fist. The two start to scuffle as the man and woman that once were there have since left their positions at the bar leaving behind a pocket watch on the counter that seems to be broken based upon the incessant ticking.

Black and Hardy's scuffle finds it's way over to Roman, Goldberg, and Chad and this sudden fight encourages them to suddenly start throwing fists of their own as this once peaceful parlor has descended into utter chaos. Roman throws Goldberg away from him with such force that he crashes INTO the table where the five women were playing poker, but that spill isn't enough to take him down as Goldberg picks himself up and charges back at Roman SPEARING him through the doorway as their scuffle leaves the parlor.

But that suddenly interruption was all it took to derail the "peaceful" game of poker and Mia climbs up onto the stage to confront Sasha only for Shayna to grab her by he heel and try to drag her away from the stage. Bayley not a fan of bullies shoves Shayna back only to get shoved back by her right into Sarah Logan who has no problem striking Shayna with a vicious headbutt that knocks her into Asuka who starts to erratically shout at all the women and suddenly tackle all of them as fists and elbows and kicks are flying from an absolute mess between these five players. All while Sasha hasn't changed her expression and position, she doesn't care who "wins" because she'll beat whoever it is, she's certain of that.

Several loud "out of tune" dings later and we turn to see Io Shirai bashing Kairi's face against the keys of the piano shouting "IT'S MINE! " But Kairi fights her off grabbing her by her hair before placing her head in between the piano keyboard and the cover slamming it down on her not to be outdone by someone trying to "collect" what is hers.

Mox and Orton are brawling as we almost have found it difficult to follow the chaos as it further breaks out. Orton lands a stiff knee to Mox doubling him over then grabs him by his waistband of his pants and sends him flying ACROSS the bar until ultimately taking every drink out of the way until he crashes and burns on the other side of it...leaving Roode who was quite dramatically wiping his eyes with towels nearby to suddenly find that things are no longer as they once appeared. Mox is nowhere to be found, and Orton stands there, his hand on his holster, and and a devious gleam in his eyes. Without time to spare, Roode reaches for his own holster, both pull their guns out and the screen goes black...until a loud "BANG!" is heard.

On the blackened screen is an image of three hands over The World Heavyweight Championship, and a stream of blood filling the area around it...the question is...which is The Dead Man's Hand? Who fired the shot? And who does the title in question belong to? That answer will come in tonight's Main-Event.

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  CXk1WPd

As that very cryptic shot fades out we head LIVE within The Scotiabank Saddledome as pyrotechnics shoot off at the top of the stage as the arena buzzes with excitement over the night ahead and the nearly limitless possibilities thanks to the wheel that will be spun for every single clash during tonight's broadcast.

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen, and welcome to the night where FATE is at the wheel, LITERALLY of the careers of our Superstars!

[[Beth Phoenix]]
There's a feeling that anything can happen tonight, and that's because it ultimately CAN. Every match is in the dark as to what extra special something is thrown into their upcoming affairs, some will thrive...while others? Will unfortunately suffer by the hand of fate.

[[Corey Graves]]
Beth before we kick things off officially I understand you have some news to deliver on behalf of your husband?

[[Beth Phoenix]]
Yes, as everyone is aware Ilja Dragunov was taken out by a returning WALTER 2 weeks ago...which threw a wrench into The Mach 6 Series, my husband was arranging a way to enroll a replacement when last week...unfortunately...well, let's just roll the footage before I continue any further.

The scene opens on one Chad Gable, back to the camera walking in the backstage area as the camera and interviewer, Charly Caruso rush to get a word with it.

"Chad! Chad! Can we have a word!?"

She yells for him as he slowly turns, a towel draped around the back of his neck as he looks to her, obviously irritated.

[Chad Gable]
What, Charly? What on earth could you possibly want right now?

Before she can even answer, Chad holds up a hand, cutting her off.

[Chad Gable]
I have done this, for so long Charly. I really have. And don't get me wrong, you're a beautiful woman who I would normally love to have a discussion with, but right now isn't the time. I just went out there, and lost. That doesn't happen to Chad Gable. I gave 5% and lost. Can you believe that? It's just, disrespectful that Roman Reigns gets to walk around like he is actually worth anything. If it wasn't for who his cousin is, XWL wouldn't of hired him in the first place. You see because me, I'm a former Olympian. Hell, I'm the second coming of Kurt Angle. But I don't get any of the respect I deserve.

[Charly Caruso]
Actually I was going to ask what your plans were moving forward in the Mach 6?

Chad goes to respond, then brings a hand up to his face pinching the bridge of his nose to relieve some of the anguish he's feeling.

[Chad Gable]
I shouldn't be mad at you. Truthfully, I shouldn't be. You're doing your job.

At this time, you see as a familiar face walks past. One, Finn Balor strolls past, not paying any mind to the interview going on near him.
[
[Chad Gable]
Just like, I'm doing mine.

With that, Chad takes off in a full blown sprint, colliding with Balor from behind. Balor is sent crashing directly into an equipment box and then crashes to the floor. Chad is suddenly on top of him, swinging wildly as Balor attempts to kick him off. After some struggle, Balor does, fighting to his feet. He shoves Gable back, catching his bearings. Before he can really make an offensive front however, Gable comes flying in with a jumping knee, knocking Balor back onto the same equipment box he had collided with moments earlier.

Balor rolls across it, hitting the floor behind it and along with that, the wall. You see as Gable rounds the box, delivering a swift kick to the head of Balor which in turn staggers him. Gable takes a moment, the wheels turning in his head before dragging most of Balor out from behind the box.... all except for his leg. Gable grabs the box and takes off running, smashing it into the wall with Balor's leg trapped between the two. The noise Balor makes is almost unreal as the pain shoots through his body. Gable takes a few steps back then slinks to a seated position, looking at Balor for a moment.

"Just doing my job."

Comes out of his mouth before he stands and strolls off, replacing the towel around his neck as though nothing had happened. Caruso rushes into frame, attempting to check on Balor before the feed is cut by medical rushing in.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
Due to the attack by Chad Gable...Finn Balor has been deemed medically ineligible for competition as of this moment and thus...we're left with four Superstars of our original six. Clearly a disaster on all accounts, my husband has thought about punishing WALTER and Chad for their recent attacks but ultimately he felt it would be hypocritical of him seeing as his career and to a degree mine as well were made off of those moments.

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
So what does that mean for Goldberg, Karl Anderson, Roman Reigns and of course Chad Gable who all were competing in this series to earn a future Intercontinental Championship Match?

[[Beth Phoenix]]
As of the attack my husband was going to move forward with whichever Superstars had a victory in this series which as of that moment was Chad Gable and Goldberg. However last week saw Karl Anderson defeat Goldberg and Roman Reigns defeat Chad Gable. So seeing as all four are on even ground? Tonight the series end in a Fatal Four Way Match where like every other match the stipulation will be chosen by the spin of a wheel.

[[Corey Graves]]
Certainly an unexpected turn of events but that's exciting news for tonight's broadcast. An Intercontinental Number One Contenders Match between four of today's top Superstars...I wonder what The Intercontinental Champion PAC is thinking as he awaits the result of that match.

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
Hopefully we'll hear from him tonight about this breaking news development and the clash that lies ahead with one of these four Superstars.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
But with that said I think it's time to get the show started and I for one cannot wait to see how all of tonight's matches end up especially with the addition of that oh so unpredictable wheel.

Back to top Go down
LazyEye513
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 - 7/29/2020    Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 8:29 am

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  0sukpur

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 - 7/29/2020    Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 -  7/29/2020  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead Man's Hand: 7/1/2020 - 7/29/2020
Page 1 of 1