Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019

Go down 
+15
Zack
Stunner
Tango
ChrisEdz23
Slothio
Austin
Oreo
P.R Son
Patsisback
imagohard2nite
LazyEye513
T-Roll
P1
KingWolf
Sam
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sam
Upper Mid Card
Sam

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019   XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 5:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 9fibwi10

LIVE FROM: Enterprise Center
St. Louis, Missouri

DEADLINE: 4:30 P.M. EST / 9:30 P.M. GMT

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Yigfrd10

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 5epyi411

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Enhyf710

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Nffa9n10

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 V6ggzq10

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 2gkmgj10

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 S4nkq010

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Iddvmt10

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Yb0ai110

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Gw42vs10
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Plus
Mid Card
Plus

PostSubject: Re: XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019   XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 6:33 am

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_owufh8jMVz1v72m34_540

WHAT DID SOMEONE LIKE HIM WANT - What did a monster such as him even want? It was hard to say even, often people asked him and they got nothing from him, nothing at all. From the moment he has arrived in XWL he has done only one thing - he has hurt people. That was it, that was the only thing he had done, the only thing people had seen him do and it was the one thing he had been good at - he was better when he was alone. He had always been like that, better when he had no one with him, no one trying to get into his head, no one trying to sink there claws and there fangs into him and trying to make him into something that he was not nor would he ever be, a pawn in someone elses game. that was not what he wanted.

He had joined that family of darkness. He had linked back up with his father and he had become the one thing that he has always hated about himself - he had become weak. He had become the one thing that he swore he would never become again - a follower. He followed Bray Wyatt - he fell into the same trap he had before, thinking that the man had his best interests at heart when the truth was right there before him, he had just closed his eyes and refused to open them. Bray Wyatt only cared about himself. Bray Wyatt only wanted things for him and Braun - the monster among men was a means to an end, he never held any interest in him. The truth was always there, the moment they failed to win the tag team titles - was the moment that his father once again left him behind.

Now with his father gone and out of sight. Now with the darkness ended, the light now shining through this company once again - the monster was alone. The chains that had been placed onto him were now gone. He was free again, free to do what he wanted, free to do what ever he felt like. XWL was all new to him once more, there were so many new faces, new wrestlers - new lambs to take into his arms and crush and break. He could feel a smile starting to form over his face, this was something he had wanted for some time. He was free once again and a monster that was free from control was dangerous to everyone.

braun strowman,
MONSTER AMONG MEN
“I wanted a FRESH START. I have been wanting for a chance for years. A chance to get out of the SHADOW of my so called family. To remove the CLAWS that had been dug into my back. To break free from the hold Bray Wyatt on me. To no longer be his servant. To be his little monster. To longer bend the knee and serve him -- to serve anyone -- now it has come to the time where I bend the knee to no man, where I bow to no one and serve no one. I stand on my own two feet. NO FAMILY TO HOLD ME BACK. NO MASTER TO WHISPER LIES INTO MY EARS. NO ONE TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO OR WHAT TO SAY -- I can finally do what I want to whom I want. No one will stop me from breaking people in half. No one will try to calm me down when I break bones and watch the crimson escape -- NO -- those days are over. The days of serving others have come to an end -- now it is all about doing what I want -- AND I WANT TO HURT PEOPLE. I want to break people. I want to hear there screams -- it is music to my ears -- it is what drives me and makes me do what I do -- hurting people is the only satisfaction I have in this world and this company -- has plenty of LITTLE MEN for me to break -- I only hope there is a challenge among their ranks. I want all of XWL to take notice - I have no friends here, I have no one that I need. Everyone is my enemy here and I will run through them all to get what I want - THE XWL WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!”

He grinned - a sight that did not suit his face. This was a fresh start for him now. He was on his own once again and that was how he liked it. He liked it this way, he liked it - going back to how things once were. He worked better like this anyway. Working on his own with no one trying to hold him back and control him. He had made it clear to one and all anyway - he stood on his own two feet now, he was alone and he had no friends and that meant one thing - everyone in XWL was against him and so far they have only got a taste of what he could do, they were about to see what a monster with nothing to loss could truly do.
Back to top Go down
BOFA
Mid Card
BOFA

PostSubject: Re: XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019   XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 9:23 am

Cameras cut to the outside of the arena where we see Brian Pillman Jr sitting in a chair looking towards the inside parking for the arena to the left of him.  Behind BPJ we see rain heavily falling. A DOWNPOUR some may call it.

BPJ
So tonight’s the night huh,

BPJ laughs as he rubs his hand together.

BPJ
DOWNPOUR!

Behind BPJ besides the downpour of rain we see a lit up board of Demon King vs Brian Pillman Jr.

BPJ
The night I slay the Demon King! I retired Eli Drake from XWL and now tonight I retire FINN BALOR!

BPJ gets up as and is seen laughing almost maniacally as he walks off camera into the arena.
Back to top Go down
KennyOmegaFan155
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019   XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 1:17 pm

Kyle walks into the locker-room and slams his towel down.

“That, that is typical Dolph Ziggler, cheating his way to the victory. I bet he had this all planned, he was the one who asked for the match to be inside a steel cage. He probably had a blueprint on his bedroom wall planning how he was going to crawl his way to beating me. But he didn’t beat me, he lost, everyone saw me win the match. Except from the skinny ref who was too busy being a pussy instead of doing his job. I’m sorry for kicking you in the face but us wrestlers go through that on a daily basis.

You know what I am just going to give the fans what they want. Dolph Ziggler were going to do this again. In that cage but this time, why don’t we do a two out of three falls in the cage. First a regular cage match, pins and escapes. Then 2nd, we do a submission match in the cage, and then finally if none of us have won by then. We do a no escapes cage match.
Back to top Go down
BOFA
Mid Card
BOFA

PostSubject: Re: XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019   XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 1:36 pm

Cameras cut to the announcer table as the next matchup is about to start, but first some chatter with XWL's announce team.

Mauro Ranallo:
What a night it has been here at the Enterprise Center, in St. Louis.   Plenty of returning and new faces tonight.  Not only that, but what about the action of these matchups thus far.

Corey Graves:
I can't believe what I've seen here tonight.  That's all I have to say.

Renee Young:
A new Intercontinental Champion was crowned tonight in what very well could be the Match of the Downpour.

Corey Graves:
Oh please Renee, Buddy is gonna have his rematch. let's move on.

Mauro Ranallo:
How about we talk about the World Heavyweight Champion, Drew McIntyre.  Coming out victorious in the Elimination Chamber!

Corey Graves:
That's a fighting champion.  Starting the match face to face with Daniel Bryan.  Then ripping apart each opponent, to come out of Downpour, AND STILL, World Heavyweight Champion Drew McIntyre.

Renee Young:
The man who last pinned the World Heavyweight Champion not too long ago on Anarchy, Brian Pillman Jr has a pretty intimidating task here tonight at Downpour.

Mauro Ranallo:
As a matter of fact Renee, that matchup is coming up next!  Brian Pillman Jr vs The Demon King Finn Balor in a CASKET MATCH!

Cameras cut to an aerial view of the ring, XWL Universe, and the titantron which cues to Brian Pillman Jr's music.

Brian Pillman Jr comes out from the back and walks onto the stage, as hyped up for this matchup as much as the XWL Universe seems to be.

Mauro Ranallo:
What a reaction Brian Pillman Jr gets from the XWL Universe everytime!

Renee Young:
Absolutely agree.  Brian Pillman Jr has become a fan favorite here in XWL since his debut in January.

Corey Graves:
He sure hasn't accomplished much in my book since he's been here.  We haven't seen one of the best competitors of 2018 because of this man.

Brian Pillman Jr runs down the ramps and around the ring slapping all the fans hands who are putting there hands out for him.  BPJ grabs a microphone from ringside before he goes up the steel steps and enters the ring.

Mauro Ranallo:
It looks like Brian Pillman Jr has something to say before this matchup can get underway.

Brian Pillman Jr raises the mic up to his mouth as he addresses the XWL Universe.

BPJ:
I'm going to make this short and sweet. tonight Finn Balor you have two options.

BPJ pauses for a moment as the XWL Universe chants "FLYIN BRIAN"

BPJ:
Flyin or Dying!

BPJ hands the mic to ringside as as hearse backs up down the ramp.

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Hearse_display_image

Staff at ringside open the doors of the hearse and set the casket up as Brian Pillman Jr waits in his corner as the XWL Universe still is chanting "FLYIN BRIAN!"

Mauro Ranallo:
I can't wait to see what we are in for with this one here tonight!

The casket is set up at ringside closest to the ramp as the hearse drives off. the lights go red as fog fills the ramp, stage, and ringside.

Renee Young:
I can't even see with all this fog!

Corey Graves:
Here comes the favorite to win this one! The Demon King Finn Balor.

The fog clears and the lights go back to normal as we see Finn Balor in the ring with Brian Pillman Jr.

Both men stand across the ring from each other. No eye contact is lost as the ref calls for the bell and the match starts.The two begin to circle the ring as they meet in the middle with a collar elbow tie up. Balor gains the advantage as he moves into a side headlock. BPJ pushes him back towards the ropes. The ref begins the count to 5 as Balor begins to release his hold. As BPJ backs off, Balor pushes his fingers into the forehead of BPJ with a too sweet. Shades of old Bullet Club. The two men begin circling around again and go for another collar elbow. This time BPJ gets the best of Finn as he circles around with a waist hold. BPJ slams him down to the mat, and puts him in a sitting headlock.

Mauro Ranallo:
A very technical match so far as both men are trying their hardest to wear out the other.

BPJ with the headlock on Balor both rise to their feet as BPJ irish whips Balor into the turnbuckle.  BPJ the runs towards Balor and goes for a jumping clothesline.  Balor evades the clothesline and grabs the jumping BPJ.  Balor tosses BPJ over the top rope nearly onto the closed casket but just misses.  As BPJ lays on the outside of the ring Balor exits the ring and grabs  BPJ by his hair as he then put him in the powerbomb position looking towards the closed casket.

Renee Young:
This doesn't look too good for Brian Pillman Jr ladies and gentlemen.

Balor powerbombs BPJ onto the edge of the casket as BPJ hits stomach first onto the floor. BPJ selling the back by screaming in pain with his hand reaching for his back. Balor grabs the frantic BPJ and whips him into the ringpost.  BPJ spinning rolls back into the ring as Balor stalks BPJ following him into the ring.  Balor goes for a vertical suplex but BPJ hooks his foot around his ankle stopping the move.  Then BPJ goes for the single leg takedown successfully as he puts him in the Single leg boston crab.

Corey Graves:
Brian Pillman Jr has him in the half boston crab, but thats not a way to win this match.  This is Balor's match.

Balor powers out of the half boston crab and pushes BPJ towards the ropes near the casket as both men are up to their feet now.

Mauro Ranallo:
What tension thus far into this casket match.

After 15 mins or so of back and force offense by both competitors, BPJ goes to open the casket after hitting a superplex from the top turnbuckle.  Balor planted hard on the mat.

Mauro Ranallo:
The casket has been opened by Brian Pillman Jr! He could be going for the win after that huge superplex from the top rope.

Pillman Jr looks towards the XWL Universe that are chanting "FLYIN BRIAN!".

Mauro Ranallo:
I have to mention it again. What a reaction for Brian Pillman Jr here tonight.

Balor slowly gets up to his feet as BPJ in on the apron closest to the casket. BPJ jumps onto the top rope and goes for his Finishing move the Springboard clothesline.

Renee Young:
He's going for it. Air Pillman Jr!

As BPJ soars through the air Balor quickly moves out of the way and BPJ lands doing a ninja roll.  Balor charges BPJ and whips him into the turnbuckle nearest the casket.  Balor kicks to the midsection of BPJ multiple times as BPJ hugs the top rope and slowly walks to the center of the ropes near the casket.  Balor sees the vulnerable BPJ and open casket as he runs off the ropes and runs at BPJ.

Corey Graves:
Looks like Balor is about to put this one in the bag.

Balor lowers himself as if he is going to spear BPJ through the ropes into the casket still running full speed. BPJ quickly reacts by kneeing Balor right in the face.

Renee Young:
Finn is definitely hurt by that one!

BPJ grabs from Finn from behind and goes for it.

GERMAN SUPLEX over the top rope sending Balors body into the casket.

Mauro Ranallo:
MAMMA MIA! I think everyone in St. Louis heard Finn Balor's head crack on the edge of that casket!

BPJ quickly exits the ring to close the casket.

SLAM!

BPJ slides into the ring as the referee raises BPJ's arm.

Renee Young:
Flyin Brian Jr has done it again here tonight.  Scoring a big victory.

Mauro Ranallo:
And some revenge on the man who ruined his celebration after pinning, AND STILL, World Heavyweight Champion Drew Mcintyre!

BPJ exits the ring and heads towards the corner barricade. Brian Pillman Jr jumps over the barricade and walks through the XWL Universe who are cheering him and chanting "FLYIN BRIAN". Brian Pillman Jr gets to the top of the staircase where the exits are.  He then looks up and points to the sky. BPJ exits.

Suddenly the lights go red again, and the casket doors burst open as fog begins to heavily pour out of the casket.

Mauro Ranallo:
MY GOODNESS!

As fog heavily surround most of the arena as the lights stay red for a minute.    The fog is completely out of the casket.  Cameras zoom in on the casket to see that there is no Finn Balor.

Renee Young:
Where did Finn go?!?!?

Cameras cut to a XWL Anarchy commercial to sort all this out and clear the fog from ringside area.
Back to top Go down
LazyEye513
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019   XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 3:09 pm

The camera moves shaky as it back peddles to keep up with the form of Asuka. Anger lines her face as she tries to shove the camera away from her

Asuka
Shi Ne!

Asuka is still trying to push her way past people until shes approached quickly by Charly Caruso. Either Charly is stupid or really dedicated to her job because Asuka is only giving off bad vibes. Charly approached with microphone in hand and blocks Asuka's path. If looks could kill Charly would be obliterated on the spot right now but instead she stands cautiously in front of The Empress of Tomorrow

[Charly Caruso]
Asuka, you came up short tonight in the elimination chamber but you shocked the world by costing Becky Lynch her chance! Can you tell everyone why?

Asuka doesn't move. It's almost as if she's frozen in place. She just stares at Charly for a while before slowly moving her feet forward. Asuka slowly shuffles forward, invading the space of the innocent interviewer who who slowly takes steps backwards. The two do a kind of dance, where every time Asuka moves forward Charly tries to back peddle faster. That is, until she hits a wall. Asuka has her cornered and it looks like it's gonna be a very unpleasant night for her. Asuka's hands shoots forward at Charly! But she grabs the microphone instead. She stares into the eyes of Charly as she raises the microphone to her lips

Asuka
...Fuck...Becky Lynch. Tonight was supposed to be my night. It supposed to be my moment. I was favorite to win. I was moth ruthless, most brutal, most DANGEROUS and I...I...

Asuka bites her lip as all her frustrated emotions boil up inside of her. Her hands clench so hard you think they might leave an imprint on the microphone she's holding

Asuka
I CHOKE! I choke again just like last year! I was supposed to be changed. I fight so very hard to change who I am. I work harder than any woman in not just this company but the world. I change to regain my honor and restore my name. I push myself and my opponent to limits just to fall short when it matters most. Do you know that feeling? Do you know that feeling of giving your all and it not being good enough? That feeling of dusting yourself off and getting back up just to be shoved back to ground again? I bet you don't because this is as far as you want to go in life. This is enough for you to be satisfied. But for me it isn't enough. It will not be enough until I wrap that title around my waist. You want to know why I ruined Becky's chances tonight?

Asuka pauses but it's simply to catch her breath. She surely already knows exactly why she did what she did

Asuka
Because I could. Because I was angry. Because I hate her guts! All of those kono yarou couldn't touch me in a regular match. I proved it two weeks ago when I pinned three of them. And Alexa...Bliss? She been running scared since I showed back up here in XWL. Apologies...Teme! You let her speak lies! She stood up to me last year? Standing up to someone mean you are the one being bullied but anyone with eyes can tell that's not how this happened. Anyone with memory knows what transpired. Even now she tries to spin tale of being the victim. I should have ripped her head off her shoulders! I wanted to hurt everyone. I wanted them all to lay at my feet. But chamber is tricky. You have to watch your back and I didn't. I let Kiari sneak on me and eliminate me. And I sure she feel very proud of herself. But her, Becky, and Tessa know...one on one...I have their numbers! I own their souls! All tonight proved is you can sneak me!

Asuka teeth grit almost painfully. Her form starts to shake. Out of anger or just pure despair no one knows for sure. Charly clearly wants to move but she's afraid if she makes too much movement Asuka will snap and hurt her. So she's forced to watch as Asuka has a mental breakdown in front of her

Asuka
So what do I do now? What road do I walk now? I...I don't know. I worked so hard to climb myself out of dark pit to top of the mountain. And...I...I slipped. I slipped...But I will catch myself. Clearly I haven't been bad enough. there is still too much caring inside me. There is too much humanity left in me because I still too weak! I get stronger when I forsake my soul. And I would forsake my soul and everyone else's soul if it meant getting what I want! And what I want is!-

]???]
My my...what is it that you want child?

If Charly looked scared before she looks terrified now. As the camera turns we see three shadows looming over Asuka. Behind her stands the Wyatt family. Bray smiles upon the Empress while Harper and Rowan stand by his side with zero emotion

Bray Wyatt
Do you know what you want Asuka? I watch everyone here, because I care for everyone. You...you're such an interesting one though. Your anger and rage is unrivaled. You have a strong sense of justice too. That rage and anger fuels you and makes you stronger. But...It makes you weak too. You have un sharpened tools...I think...I can help you Asuka...

Asuka's face has become that of a cornered animal. She knows she should try to run. To get away. But running...it's cowardly. And she was already dubbed a coward when Alexa Bliss 'ran her out of XWL'. Her legs may be telling her to cut and run but her heart wills her to stay put and face them like the warrior she wants to be

Asuka
...You can help me?

Bray nods his head to her and outstretches his hand. Asuka looks down at his hand and back at him. To Asuka, it's like the devil is giving her a contract. She reaches towards Bray and his smile becomes wilder. However his smile drops when Asuka harshly smacks his hand away, her eyes burning with fury

Asuka
But I not need or want your help. You can do nothing for me. You need to back away

Bray's hand lays limp at his side. He doesn't look surprised at all. He does however look sadden. He sighs and turns his back on Asuka

Bray Wyatt
Some people in life have a higher purpose even if they don't know it. Harper, Rowan, and I are some of those people. We give up our chances of a normal happy life to benefit others. Because we are selfless like that. You Asuka..You can make a shift in all this madness that we call the world. Your anger can be redirected and sharpened. Becoming a blade which you use to slay all those who deserve justice. I wanted to tap into the potential. I wanted you to willingly join in that cause. But it seems...It seems I will have to do this the hard way

Bray snaps his fingers and Erik and Harper snatch Asuka into their grasp and away from Charly who slides down the wall in shock and fear. Asuka's screams are muffled and she tries to fight out of their grasp but to no avail. They are simply too strong. As they drag her away Bray turns back to Charly, smiling warmly at her the way you might an old friend

Bray Wyatt
She will be fine. Promise that we won't hurt a hair on her head. Tell the boss to have her booked on Anarchy because she will be their. With her new...gift

Bray nods his head once more at Charly before setting off in the direction Harper and Rowan took off to. Charly can do nothing but look around wildly, having just witnessed a kidnapping! Charly screams for help as this dark segment finally comes to an end

Back to top Go down
mandyrosestan
Jobber
mandyrosestan

PostSubject: Re: XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019   XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 4:29 pm

The arena goes dark and an eerie voice is heard throughout the audience.

{Mysterious Voice}
For years, I have stepped inside that squared circle, and put my life on the line for you people. I have poured my blood, sweat and tears into my craft for decades, and what do I get? I get my name tossed aside amongst some of the greats. I am tired of being overlooked by XWL Management.

A Face appears on the titantron and the crowd erupts.

{Chris Jericho}
You parasites praise Matt Sydal, CM Punk, and Shawn Michaels as your greats, but you cast aside The Best in the World at What He Does. I am the most decorated superstar XWL has ever seen. And I am going to prove it once again.

Jericho disappears from the titantron as a video package for the Main Event begins to play.

Last edited by mandyrosestan on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019   XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 4:30 pm

The theme of the Golden Lovers always brings pure joy out of the XWL universe and tonight is no different, Ibushi and Omega are treated to a fantastic reaction from the XWL universe as they step out and onto the stage. Omega takes aim at the chamber and unleashes his "BANG" gun taunt at it whilst Ibushi merely lightly jumps in place in preparation for the challenge that lay ahead for the Golden Lovers.

The Golden Lovers have beaten the Cutthroat Era before, they have had singles success over TCSI, but they have never beaten TCSI in a tag team match when the gold is on the line, and that's the case tonight, Ibushi and Omega are gonna be looking to stop this skid against TCSI and walk out of this structure as the new World Tag Team Champions.

Omega and Ibushi both remove their Golden Lovers shirts and toss them to the side before entering the Elimination Chamber, the referee then proceeds to guide the two men to their respective pods, they both take a few moments to take in the magnitude of everything at stake tonight before stepping into their pods and having the doors sealed shut.

As the lights in the arena darken to only the spotlight on the ramp a Loud crack is heard throughout the arena signifying that Its time for the Cutthroat Era. As Jay White emerges from the curtain Sami Zayn is behind him with that sinister smile on his face knowing that they are one step closer to achieving the mission that was set to take the XWL Tag team titles from the Trash bag friends and the bronze haters. Jay does his Signature throat taunt as Sami and Jay fist bump and nod there heads as they both stare up at the menacing Structure that is for sure going to take some years off both men's careers.

The lights in the arena die out, a moment or two passes before two spotlights hit the stage. On one side stands a man in a Captain America costume, with a Shield in front of him. While on the other side, you have the Winter Soldier, Bucky himself. Then the music starts.

The main theme hits, the duo beginning to walk to the center of the stage smirking at each other before they both take up a pose. Cap in front, shield blocking him with Bucky behind, looking to the crowd. The two hold this pose as a spotlight points down on them before the theme slowly dies out.

The lights and crowd come to life as TCSI stand in their colorful Avengers themed attires. They look around, nodding to the music. They come down the ramp, high fiving the fans with their titles around their waist. The two find the entry way to the Chamber. Staring it down for just a moment before sharing a nod and walking into the chamber for the first and maybe last time as Champions. The share a bro hug before turning and taunting to the crowd. The Champs have entered the hellish structure.

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Gw42vs10

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

JAY WHITE HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

And with that, the unlikely alliance of Kota Ibushi and Jay White, as well as Cutthroat Era's Championship dreams, has come to an end at the hands of Chad Gable. Noticing that this match has now effectively became a handicap match, Ibushi begins to create separation between himself and the collective team of Gable and Sabin, albeit slowly but surely, ideas running through his head as how he can incapacitate one long enough to eliminate the other. On the other side of the ring, a seated Chad Gable begins to crawl over towards his tag team partner and best friend in Chris Sabin, regrouping before they shift their focus towards the final obstacle between them and keeping their longest reigning Tag Team Championship reign intact.

The first to their feet are Gable and Sabin, using both the ropes as leverage and each other, Ibushi following shortly after, albeit noticeably slower due the numbers disadvantage he now faces. As the lone Ibushi shoves himself forward using the turnbuckle as a launching pad, knowing full well that the only way he's leaving with the victory is to be on the offensive, Sabin follows suit, charging out of the corner with a head full of steam. He extends his arm for a lariat when he comes within range, swinging his arm forward with the intent of removing Ibushi's head from his shoulders but the Japanese Superstar is able to duck under it, causing Sabin to wildly miss and lose his balance, crashing onto the canvas below. Whether it's due to the sheer exhaustion from the length and brutality he's endured so far in this match or the impressive amount of momentum behind the attempted strike has yet to be determined.

Ibushi sees this as his opening and carries the forward momentum towards the second of his remaining opponents in Chad Gable, the pair engaging in a collar and elbow tie up in the center of the ring. A test of remaining strength ensues late into the match as both Gable and Ibushi fight one another for the oh so important control of this hold. Slowly but surely, Gable's natural strength begins to overpower Ibushi, the loss of control creeping closer and closer before the latter shifts his weight and causes Gable to stumble forward against his will, quickly wrapping his arm around the former's head, saving him from suffering the same fate of his tag team partner. With Ibushi's arm tightening around Gable's head with every passing second, the self proclaimed “Stupid Idiot” from “Trash City” throws his weight backwards, using the set of ring ropes behind him to his advantage and sends Ibushi running into the opposite side of the ring. As he bounces off said ropes, Gable repositions himself towards the center of the ring bracing himself for the impending impact between bodies.

Unfortunately for him, Ibushi has the advantage in this scenario and sends Gable back first into the canvas as both men collide, driving their shoulders into one another. Ibushi runs towards the adjacent set of ring ropes as Gable flips over to his stomach, causing him to leap over his downed opponent but this momentary elevation is used against him as he is now trapped on his predetermined trajectory right into the bottom of Sabin's boots, the other half of the defending Tag Team Champions reinserting himself into the match by sending Ibushi into the canvas with a picture perfect dropkick. A stunned Ibushi quickly and instinctively makes it back to his feet, his temporary daze not allowing him to fully grasp his surroundings and finds himself with his chest resting on the top turnbuckle, causing Gable to quickly rise from his downed position and beeline towards the final person standing between them and being the third Champions to defend inside Satan's Structure, Gable's intentions more than clear.

Gable wraps his arms around Ibushi's waist and pulls him away from the turnbuckle before charging forward and slamming him into it, causing him to have the wherewithal to hold onto the top turnbuckle for dear life. As Gable struggles to force him away or break his grip, Sabin decides to take matters into his own hands by quickly repositioning himself and charging forward, throwing his foot into the air when he comes within range and catching an unsuspecting Kota Ibushi in the back of the head with a calculated Yakuza Kick. Ibushi's grip quickly comes undone as his body goes limp after the deadly strike, giving Gable the opening he was looking for to roll up Ibushi but instead of stopping there, he continues the motion, lifting him into the air with his only destination being the canvas below. With The Golden Lovers' Championship goals now put in jeopardy courtesy of Gable's infamous O'Connor Roll German Suplex, Ibushi is slammed into the canvas with an echoing thud as Gable bridges the maneuver into a what could possibly be the final pinfall of the match.

3! No! Kickout!

Ibushi's shoulder miraculously flies off the canvas, keeping not only this match alive but also The Golden Lovers chances of becoming the XWL Tag Team Champions for the first time in their careers. The expression now etched on TCSI's faces says the whole story: Surprise, disbelief and shock mix across both of them as they clearly expected this match to end after that tag team maneuver but alas, here they stand, the final obstacle standing between them and this match ending refusing to budge so easily. The “Stupid Idiots” from “Trash City” regroup as Kota Ibushi is still in a downed state following the combination offense of the Tag Team Champions. They exchange various words amongst one another before the slightly audible mumbling between them ceases as they shift their focus to the pod behind them. Cheers begin to seep through the openings of the Elimination Chamber and fill both the arena as well as the ring as Sabin is heard mouthing, “We gotta do it,” towards Gable, who reluctantly nods at this apparent predetermined plan they had going into this match, an ace up their sleeve so to speak.

Sabin, taking this as his cue, begins to scale the turnbuckle, starting by placing his right foot on the bottom rope then his left foot on the middle rope and hopping up to the top rope. He places his right foot on the ring post, convincing himself that this needs to be done with a simple nod. Sabin lets out a deep breath before placing his hands onto the pod but before he could launch himself up to it, he's stopped in his tracks by Gable, who after a handful of what had to be tear jerking words points to himself, implying that it will be him to use the pod for whatever they had planned. This causes Sabin to hop off the top rope and land besides his partner on the canvas and allows Gable to use his impressive athleticism to take a hold of the top rope with both his hands and leap into the air, landing with ease on the top rope. Gable places his left foot on the ring post and begins making his way towards the top of the pod as Sabin's eyes remain locked on him in the event that he slips off and is needed. This turns out to be a detriment as Ibushi, who has now recovered and begun walking towards the duo, the walk quickly transitioning into a run which in turn ends with the bottom of Ibushi's boot being driven into the back of Sabin's head, returning the favor for their previous interaction. Sabin's lights are knocked out as he stumbles backwards a few steps before slipping out of the ring against his will through the top and middle ropes. Ibushi makes short work of scaling the turnbuckle, making it to the top in record time and takes a hold of Gable's foot, stopping him from fully making it to the top of the pod.

Gable's instincts allow him to escape when he kicks his foot the millisecond he feel's Kota's hand begin to wrap around his foot, almost causing the latter to lose his balance and fall off but prevents himself from doing so as the momentary focus shift allows Gable to make it to the top of the pod safely. Now with a more stable vertical base, Ibushi begins to give chase, placing a foot on the ring post to leap onto the pod like Gable did before him but he is kept at bay with a stray right hand connects with Ibushi's unprotected face, causing him to rethink his strategy as he throws a retaliatory strike of his own, catching the overextended Gable square in the jaw. The quite literal uphill battle begins for Ibushi as the pair begin to trade blows from their differing elevations, each finding success despite the drastic difference in angles. Just when it seemed that the war for attrition would have no clear victor, Ibushi decides to take a risk, opting to halt his attack for a mere moment, giving Gable the impression that he's conceded, causing the Tag Team Champion to bring an official end to this conflict with a swift blow. Unfortunately for Gable, this is what Ibushi wanted, wrapping his arm around Gable's incoming fist, the unexpected action catching the attacker off guard and the startled second that followed is all Ibushi needed to pull Gable towards him, nearly sending him flying off the pod but he's able to stop the momentum by wrapping his hand around the top of the pod, keeping his elevated position.

Not to be deterred by this minor setback, Ibushi does what he does best and lifts his knee into the air, hitting Gable's unprotected face with the full force of a knee strike, the momentum sending Gable fully back onto the pod, albeit more dazed than before. As Ibushi begins to ascend up onto the post and towards the pod to claim his reward, Sabin has risen back to his feet, the cobwebs being shaken from his head and with his hands wrapped around the top rope, he throws himself into the air, landing on the ropes that are now below him and springboards off of them towards his target in Kota Ibushi. Once he begins soaring through the air, he extends his foot towards the last obstacle standing between him and the end of this match, catching the preoccupied Ibushi in the side of the face as he was mid climb, driving his skull into the pod as Sabin's foot rests besides it while his other foot is on the top rope. Sabin's balancing act come to an end when he extends his arm forward and rests it on the pod to stabilize his precarious position before bringing his leg back down to the rope. Ibushi, with his lights being as out as they could possibly be, begins to slowly slip off the pod, the only thing keeping him at an elevated position, and upon seeing this, Sabin takes a hold of his arm, keeping him in position before shouting out, “Chad, it's time!” causing Gable to shake the cobwebs off and begin crawling towards the edge of the pod.

While Gable is doing this, Sabin pulls Ibushi off the pod and towards himself, doubling him over against his unconscious will and wrapping his arm around his head. Gable pulls himself up to his feet, still feeling the aftereffects of the deadly knee strike but manages to keep himself from toppling over on the pod. Both Tag Team Champions exchange a look with one another before engaging in a mutual nod, causing Gable to turn his back towards both Sabin and Ibushi and visibly move his hand with three extended fingers behind him. One of the fingers is retracted before a second one follows suit and finally a third joins its brethren, resulting in Gable hand being transformed into a fist, giving Sabin his cue to begin doing a Swinging Neckbreaker motion from the top rope with Ibushi in tow. As the pair of opponents begin to leap off the top turnbuckle, Gable holds himself in position for an extra second, giving Sabin enough time to pull off the maneuver before he himself throws caution into the win and launches himself off the top of the pod, soaring through the air with a picture perfect Moonsault. The height Sabin was able to get from his half of the maneuver is more than enough to allow them to connect in mid air, the trifecta of Superstars colliding onto the canvas with a sickening thud as the modified finishing maneuver of the “Stupid Idiots” from “Trash City” goes off without a hitch. The impact alone causes the familiar pinfall attempt that follows to slip through his fingers as Gable is sent flying off Ibushi and towards a different end of the ring. With Ibushi's motionless body lying next to Sabin, the latter begins to slowly but surely shift himself over to his stomach, clearly not walking away from such a maneuver unscathed, and begins to close the distance between himself and Ibushi. Mere moments feel like an eternity to the former Machine Gun but he's able to use the remainder of his strength to throw his hand over the downed Ibushi, causing the referee to drop down and make what could be the final count of this match.

3!

KOTA IBUSHI HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

TCSI HAVE DONE IT!

As the theme of the successfully retaining XWL Tag Team Champions begins to play, the announcement of their accomplishment is heard, which causes the cheers and adulation to fill the ring as the men in question and the final man standing between them and immortality remain motionless within it. When the doors to Satan's Structure open up, multiple referees enter the Chamber to check on the participants still within and among those is one in possession of the XWL Tag Team Championships. Ibushi is helped out of the Elimination Chamber and begin making their way to the back to receive medical attention for the war he just endured while Gable and Sabin are each handed their prize for managing to not only be the sole team surviving but for both of them making it to the end of this hellacious contest. Sabin slowly but surely makes it to a seated position in the center of the ring, with the assistance of the nearby referees, spotting his tag team partner and best friend on the far end of the ring, leaning on the bottom rope, both men holding on their Championships, and by proxy keeping their reign intact, with pride etched on their faces.

A smile appears on Gable's face, knowing that this would be the biggest challenge to their reign to date and they crushed it with flying colors, Gable managing to eliminate The Cutthroat Era and Sabin being able to eliminate The Golden Lovers. Sabin returns the smile as both men begin to attempt rising to their feet, each refusing the referee's assistance in the matter. It takes a bit longer than intended but when the deed is done, they each being walking towards the other, albeit much slower than usual given the hell they just went through, and embrace one another. And to think, at this very event the previous year, they were bitter enemies and fighting over Gable's then Intercontinental Championship in this very match, a match neither man emerged with as the victor. Fast forward to the current day and now here they stand, not only victorious in the very same match they were both unsuccessful the year prior, but them standing as the greatest tag team this company has ever seen, the XWL Tag Team Championships being proof of that, and being the face of the Tag Team Division that didn't even exist when that initial match took place. And if that wasn't historic or poetic enough, they are now the third Champions to successfully defend inside the Elimination Chamber, their unprecedented longest Tag Team Championship reign still continuing.

The successful Tag Team Champions break apart, raising their Championships into the air as pyrotechnics go off above them. They may be beaten, battered and bruised but they remain as the team to beat in the Tag Division. Two Hundred and Forty Five days their reign has gone and for that duration, they have shown that they are this division, they have shown that they won't back down in the face of adversity and they have shown that there is no mountain that is unsurpassable. With more than ample time to celebrate their victory within the ring, the duo begin to make their way towards the set of ring ropes closest to the ramp and step through the ropes, walking down the ring steps and up the ramp. They slap the hands of various members of the XWL Universe on the way to the back, opting to stop at the stage where they raise the Tag Team Championships high into the air one final time, the last image being that of a successful TCSI and cheering crowd before the screen fades to black.

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019   XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Honestly, a REALLY enjoyable PPV from everyone who participated, whether it was through matches or just promos we all collectively created something awesome and I just wanted to say a few things before I get into the typical PPV Awards post.

First of all, for those unaware of this ALL THREE Elimination Chamber Matches were done before The PPV even began. So shout out to everyone who took the initiative to align their schedules and ensure that these matches not only got done but were enjoyable to play/watch back. Anytime a 6 Man match is booked it's really for the admin's side of things a bit of a "will it/won't it" type of deal. We want to book these things but ifi it doesn't get done then it's a disaster and so when they do get done, and so far in advance, and without much hassle that gives us the confidence to try and be more trusting of doing more like like that. I don't know if we'll TRY to do a 6 Person MITB in 2 months at Ascension but seeing 3 6 Man Matches get done certainly if the people want it does maybe sway us to give it a chance.

Secondly, the influx of returning stars/new stars this PPV was a really nice balance to the established stories/matches this show already had. Sort of a look at what next month's PPV could look like and future ones like it.

Now for the returning members/new members/and the established members we after every XWL PPV will then open polls for The PPV Awards. Where you the members will submit your votes for each category and ultimately the winners of those awards will be nominees for The Slammy Awards later this year.

Male Superstar of The PPV

Female Superstar of The PPV

Match of The PPV

Promo of The PPV

OMG Moment of The PPV

Feud of The PPV

Austin has officially taken the helm as full-time host of The PPV Awards and thus all votes will be submitted to him either via a PM on the site or over discord. You will have until Wednesday at 5:00 PM EST to submit your votes so please submit those immediately and we want as much participation as possible, and remember your participation will earn you 10 points towards the superstar of your choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019   XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Downpour: 5/27/2019 - 6/10/2019
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2