Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Matches are for fun but Three is enough, we don't need five.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

Matches are for fun but Three is enough, we don't need five.  Empty
PostSubject: Matches are for fun but Three is enough, we don't need five.    Matches are for fun but Three is enough, we don't need five.  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 1:53 pm

So okay, maybe this is my mind being a little more clear because I was away for twenty four hours...but you know I think we've all been a little quick to shit on every match. First let's take into account the fact that if someone ends something at like ten minutes, it's not a crime, we say it can end on three finishers in the rules...so they're not doing anything bad. Would it be nice if it went longer? Sure, but sometimes going longer means that if a one sided match was already so one sided, the person getting wrecked would have even less fun because it just doesn't change a thing.

And people losing like that doesn't make a match bad. I doubt anyone is truly trying to kill someone asap all the time, sure there have been cases of people needing to chill a bit, but most of the time it's not really aggression, more so somebody just not reversing and them running out of things they can do without making it boring for them.

And really if we extend matches to five finishers, does that solve any of the above? Does that make us suddenly believe that it will change? If anything it leaves room for more people to complain about it being "boring." Which honestly, let's all agree here is a stupid complaint. We didn't used to have that, sure a match was maybe not as great as it could be, but it's at both people's fault, and it's certainly not a fault worth making such a huge fuss about.

At the end of the day this is all for fun, sometimes it's amazingly fun, other times it's not as fun as we'd like, or maybe in our opinion at the time "fun" but truthfully speaking it's still better than all of us would ever get on ranked online. Let's be serious here, I get things get better over time, things become an issue when they weren't before with good reason. But that applies to a champion losing a title when the game really fucked up the break up. It doesn't apply to someone being "boring."  Sure people should try their best to go for some fun spots, because this should be for fun...but how can any of us dictate what really is fun, and how to bring that about? It just happens or it doesn't. No need to get upset over it, just move on and try harder to do that next time, right?

So that's why we're removing the five finisher for title matches addition, and just doing a simple fix to people having issues. Effective immediately following International Incident every title match from hence forth will either be recorded, or have an admin sit in to make sure that there is an unbiased party involved that can truly decide if something is so bad that it warrants a redo, or if the stars just didn't align at the fault of both participants.

We've seen your comments since our last decision was made and truthfully you're right. We're so caught up with trying to make everything so good, that really...we sometimes lose sight of honestly, logic. We all want the same thing, a fun experience in this place so we'd like to thank you for coming to us either on skype or in that thread to politely voice your opinion and help us see what we should have seen when we first discussed it. From now on any changes like that will be brought to your attention before they become official in case you as the community can help us maybe see a better solution to whatever it may be.

Back to top Go down

Matches are for fun but Three is enough, we don't need five.
Page 1 of 1