Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

WWYD: The Future of XWL

Go down 
+14
Jonguin
TheFilthParade
P1
aero1890
Kyle
Bang
Nitro
Alveuss
Sofa King
Sex Ferguson
Jimmy
Danny Boy
Pats
P.R Son
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 12:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Okay so while I myself am not entirely sure on what is going to happen with 15 coming out, since it's now got new gen and it's coming out on old...there's what, two months or so before it's out? So, with Danny's thread figuring out where people stand...maybe it's time to see what you guys think we can or should do in a few months time.

Typically when a new game comes out we have a month period before we officially transfer to the new game. But because this year decided to be a sweetheart and come out on the 360 too...that's super complicated. Some will get it for the 360, some for the One, and yes...even some for the PS4. It's a tricky situation because we're a community, we don't want to lose anyone in it, so what can we do?

With feuds and stuff it's easy to not have to worry about like actually doing the matches cause they can be scripted and whatnot...but, titles are the part that kind of make this more difficult than anything else. We can't have a world title split between three consoles, right? Or any of them for that matter, so this is me trying to give you the community the chance to discuss it and suggest whatever you might think we should/could do.

So what would you do?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 2:48 am

Nitro wrote:
Alveuss wrote:

I suggest that instead of the 1 month transition between 14 and 15 we give 2k14 a longer life span of about another 4-5 months or maybe even longer.

No thank you.

Deffinatly no. I won't have 2k14 on 360 when 2k15 is out.

But on the whole thing, I wouldn't mind a PS4 brand if there's enough interest, pointless doing it for 2 or 3 members who might or have got a ps4.

Deffinatly don't want to get rid of 360 though, I'm sure when the game is out we can work it out properly when we know for sure what console people have it on. Then the addition at Christmas to what people get then. It will be complicated at first but if we all stick it out, we can make it work.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 10:08 am

TheFilthParade wrote:
Nitro wrote:
Alveuss wrote:

I suggest that instead of the 1 month transition between 14 and 15 we give 2k14 a longer life span of about another 4-5 months or maybe even longer.

No thank you.

Deffinatly no.  I won't have 2k14 on 360 when 2k15 is out.

But on the whole thing, I wouldn't mind a PS4 brand if there's enough interest, pointless doing it for 2 or 3 members who might or have got a ps4.

Deffinatly don't want to get rid of 360 though, I'm sure when the game is out we can work it out properly when we know for sure what console people have it on.  Then the addition at Christmas to what people get then.  It will be complicated at first but if we all stick it out, we can make it work.
Agreed on all parts. I can't get a One right now. I may have to wait until next year depending on christmas. So I can't, and I wont, ditch my 360 for a while. As far as the ps4 thing goes. If we legit want to have ps4 as a separate brand I could get tons of people who may be interested as they have ps4's and would love to have people to play the game with.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:06 pm

First thing I would do is get rid of Ted.

Sorry I'm bored and I still had a couple of those left in me.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:24 pm

Hey everyone,

We’ve got some news. After a very, very, lengthy discussion the admins have decided at this time to not go ahead with the PS4 brand/360-One split thing for the future. All of us feel, that for the best interest of the league that for now, we should have it just be an Xbox 360/Xbox One league. Bare in mind, this isn’t us saying you guys are completely SOL. We’re still keeping the 360 side open, if you decide to keep back your 360s and want to join the league that way. We’re willing to eventually try out a PS4 branch, it’s just that we believe right now there won’t be enough interest inside or outside of the league to move forward with it. We would like to stress that we do want to try it out eventually just not at this current point in time. We hope you all understand.
Back to top Go down
Sex Ferguson
Mid Card
Sex Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Kyle wrote:
After a very, very, lengthy discussion the admins have decided at this time to not go ahead with the PS4 brand/360-One split thing for the future. All of us feel, that for the best interest of the league that for now, we should have it just be an Xbox 360/Xbox One league.

Switch date =
WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Bye_bye
for PS4 people.

plain mischief:
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Well...It is an Xbox league.
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:40 pm

I'm still undecided over which console I'm going to purchase out of the two, and to tell the truth, I'm probably much more likely to get the one. However if I was to get the ps4, I'd feel a little hurt to be pushed out of this league just because I've decided that I want to try out the ps4.

Think about the fact that one of the people in the main event, one of the people fighting for the championship already has a Playstation 4, and you've pretty much just given him his marching orders... Let's be honest, it's far too premature to have come up with a decision "at this time", only 4 people who posted in that thread even have a next gen console yet, there's no guarantee that some of them won't change their minds, hell there's no guarantee that any of them will even buy a next gen console at all.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Dash wrote:
I'm still undecided over which console I'm going to purchase out of the two, and to tell the truth, I'm probably much more likely to get the one. However if I was to get the ps4, I'd feel a little hurt to be pushed out of this league just because I've decided that I want to try out the ps4.

Think about the fact that one of the people in the main event, one of the people fighting for the championship already has a Playstation 4, and you've pretty much just given him his marching orders... Let's be honest, it's far too premature to have come up with a decision "at this time", only 4 people who posted in that thread even have a next gen console yet, there's no guarantee that some of them won't change their minds, hell there's no guarantee that any of them will even buy a next gen console at all.
The problem with this is, we need to know that when/if we have more get a PS4 that it would stick. This is no different than someone having a 360 and saying hey, I want to be in, then disappearing. As of right now there's only a few of you that have the 4's. Sure we could try out another brand and have it be a ps4 brand. But what happens if you only get like 5-6 people. That's not enough for a brand. Then what happens if some of those people end up leaving? Where would that leave the brand? Stuck not doing much, if anything at all. As I said we aren't ruling it out in the future, just, not right now.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Dash wrote:

We aren't going to put in all the extra work for a ps4 side for the sake of two members. It's always been a Xbox league and that shouldn't change for an handful of people that wouldn't even make an active brand. We haven't told anyone they have to leave. It isn't too early, we made the decision that we don't want a playstation side yet and we just want to stick with Xbox.

Everybody here knows this is an Xbox league, we've had people ask before if we would do ps3, the answer was no back then and it wasn't an issue.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:00 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
Dash wrote:

We aren't going to put in all the extra work for a ps4 side for the sake of two members. It's always been a Xbox league and that shouldn't change for an handful of people that wouldn't even make an active brand.  We haven't told anyone they have to leave. It isn't too early, we made the decision that we don't want a playstation side yet and we just want to stick with Xbox.

Everybody here knows this is an Xbox league,  we've had people ask before if we would do ps3, the answer was no back then and it wasn't an issue.
Right. Not to mention, as I said in my post FOR RIGHT NOW it's staying a 360/X1 league and that we ARE WILLING to try and make it a PS4 league as well down the line. Just not at this moment. But yeah, especially what Gaz said.
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:04 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
 we've had people ask before if we would do ps3, the answer was no back then and it wasn't an issue.

Don't pretend like that's the same situation lol. This is an upgrade from 360, not a switch to a console less superior. Let me ask you Gaz, if Greg had a PS4 and not an Xbone, would you have come to this decision so quickly knowing that you'd have to leave him out of the league? I know that question wasn't necessary, but it needed to be said. If there was a big namer on the Sony side, the decision would not have been made this quickly lol.

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be all current members on the side of the Ps4 roster. What if those of the members getting a ps4 were able to recruit enough people to make a convincing roster, would you lot change your minds then? Or is there basically nothing that they can do to hold onto XWL?
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:09 pm

On again you bitch without knowing the convo, something you're actually good at. The convo in the admin chat is nothing to do wjth you, but the fact we may lose members like Oreo was some thing none of us wanted.

You need to know the facts before you bitch, something you clearly can't learn.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:12 pm

Dash wrote:
TheFilthParade wrote:
 we've had people ask before if we would do ps3, the answer was no back then and it wasn't an issue.

Don't pretend like that's the same situation lol. This is an upgrade from 360, not a switch to a console less superior. Let me ask you Gaz, if Greg had a PS4 and not an Xbone, would you have come to this decision so quickly knowing that you'd have to leave him out of the league? I know that question wasn't necessary, but it needed to be said. If there was a big namer on the Sony side, the decision would not have been made this quickly lol.

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be all current members on the side of the Ps4 roster. What if those of the members getting a ps4 were able to recruit enough people to make a convincing roster, would you lot change your minds then? Or is there basically nothing that they can do to hold onto XWL?
No, it had nothing to do with that at all. It was the simple fact that, in all of our eyes, there wouldn't be enough of a roster worth it to have it be one brand on it's own. Believe me, I've even offered to get people on the ps4 side, as I know plenty who may join but it's that thing of they may join and that may stay or not stay that's too much of a risk to all of us. We don't want to take the time to make another brand only for it to risk faltering quickly and have it all be for naught. We're not saying we don't want to do ps4 ever.

I even pushed for doing it but, I realized that as of right now it's not a good idea. Down the line? Sure. But not right now. We've don't even have a clear indication of who is going to get what. Only a few have said anything. So going off that, it's not enough to make a brand/have the brand last, so we don't want to go forward with it right now. Take that however you want I guess but I'm speaking honestly here. As someone WAS a PS3 user who WAS on the outside and came over to being an xbox member. I feel for you but you have to see it from our point of view too and realize, that right now, the numbers just won't add up. We're more than willing to eventually but not right now.

Last edited by Kyle on Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:14 pm

Also it wasn't quick, we've been discussing it on and off for a while. But as always you just judge without knowing. You should stick to learning not play like an Dick in title matches and leave the admin stuff to admins.
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:15 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
Once again you bitch without knowing the convo, something you're actually good at. The convo in the admin chat is nothing to do wjth you, but the fact we may lose members like Oreo was some thing none of us wanted.

You need to know the facts before you bitch, something you clearly can't  learn.

I'm not bitching about anything, I'm pretty convinced that if there was a big namer on sony's side, you wouldn't have decided this quickly. That really has nothing to do with me not seeing your convo so I'm not too sure why you'd bring that up but ok.

All I'm doing is backing up the people who've decided to go with Sony, people I don't want to see leave, that's why I'm posting here, not to bitch with you... But yeah, would be nice to get a response to the part of my post that actually mattered.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:17 pm

You do realise it wasn't all my decision right or are you just stupid? It didn't matter who had a ps4, won't be enough to justify the work it would need. Simple.
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Damn Gaz, low blow. </3

But thank you FN for actually answering my question. to be honest, any time before December would be far too quick to make a decision on this anyway, so what if when 2k15 comes out at the end of October, the Sony members could have two months to prove their case as to why there should be a ps4 roster, and whether or not they'd be able to maintain it? Then you can give them a definitive answer in the new year.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:20 pm

Dash wrote:
TheFilthParade wrote:
Once again you bitch without knowing the convo, something you're actually good at. The convo in the admin chat is nothing to do wjth you, but the fact we may lose members like Oreo was some thing none of us wanted.

You need to know the facts before you bitch, something you clearly can't  learn.

I'm not bitching about anything, I'm pretty convinced that if there was a big namer on sony's side, you wouldn't have decided this quickly. That really has nothing to do with me not seeing your convo so I'm not too sure why you'd bring that up but ok.

All I'm doing is backing up the people who've decided to go with Sony, people I don't want to see leave, that's why I'm posting here, not to bitch with you... But yeah, would be nice to get a response to the part of my post that actually mattered.
Again, that's not it at all. We've discussed this whole issue for several months. Way, way, back. I get what you're saying, I get what they're saying but, you also have to see where we're coming from. You guys don't seem to be doing that. All you're seeing is us saying no and then getting mad. When we've said that it's just for right now. I'm more than willing to in the future. Once we know how much more of a gap there is on each console, but right now given the numbers, it's just not in the cards. I don't know what else you want me to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:24 pm

Dash wrote:
TheFilthParade wrote:

I don't see how I'm relevant in any of this?  And what one person thinks or the console they have wouldn't have determined the outcome above so you're just launching an attack with the sole purpose to antagonise and get a reaction for some reason.  I don't understand posts like that.

As for calling people "big namers", way to shit on everyone else.  

And for the record I think bang has made the best argument in this thread. Not just saying that because of console preference but as someone who is barely relevant here now given I'm just one guy and will be for the forseeable future.  No disrespect to the people who posted they're getting or have a ps4 but a lot of those are either new guys or guys who have a history going off the radar.

Whatever this anger is towards me or Gaz or whatever it is you want to call it dash, just drop it because it's stupid. (Title-related?)
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:30 pm

I'm just clarifying here that I never mentioned it was all your decision Gaz. I used 'Your' a couple times, yeah, but I was refering to all of you, not just one of you. I'm not trying to be angry or get into an argument with anyone here. Gregg, I didn't use your name out of spite, I used it because you're the closest person to Gaz in my opinion. Look, maybe I went about it the wrong way, and I'm sorry if I did, I didn't intend to piss anyone off. I've got 4 friends in this league that would more than likely leave if you were to cut off Sony, even if it's just for now, so please understand why I'm a little defensive when it comes to this topic. I haven't posted on it at all until now because I didn't really have anything to do with it considering I'll be sticking with 360 until Decmeber, and I still don't, but I'm just a little 'upset' I guess at the thought of them leaving.

Last edited by Dash on Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:35 pm

Just a bit of my own personal input, saying "if so and so was getting a PS4 this wouldn't be an issue" is a childish statement that pretty much makes us dismiss any addition you might have on this topic.

Right now, as in right this moment we are not making moves to have a PS4 branch. That doesn't mean that a month after we might not be able to do it. The main focus is allowing the Xbox 360 Users to remain here, while also adding in The Xbox One. We don't wanna waste anybody's time by saying yeah we'll do PS4, and then it flops in a month.

It would take more than just one or two admins with a PS4, because essentially everything to do with it would be like running an entirely different league. Literally a few people around to watch matches in case they went bad and so forth.

Nobody wants to lose anybody, we for sure as hell don't wanna lose people like danny, or oreo, or anyone that's opted to get a PS4. But no one is saying they have to fuck off and that we don't care, we do but we're looking at this from a logical point right now. We don't want it to just fail miserably before it even starts up which is a huge possibility. So instead of acting like we're being biased, or if so and so was getting it we'd do this...actually understand that maybe we've discussed this and realized what is good for the league right now, and what isn't at this time.

We don't always make the popular decisions, but we do make the ones that whether you or anyone else on that side can see it, are best for the league.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:38 pm

XWL's pretty much had Sony cut off for going on six years. This league is an Xbox league first, and personally? I really don't think it's worth going through all the trouble of doing two or even three different branches of the league just cause some people are deciding to get the PS4 instead of the One, no matter if those going to PS4 are the admins' best buddies or not. Besides, I'm sure there's plenty of PS3/4 leagues out there that they can find to play someone in, anyhow.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:45 pm

coffee  to zack and David's posts.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:46 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:

How come I don't get my name capitalized tho. Sad
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:50 pm

The Zack wrote:
TheFilthParade wrote:

How come I don't get my name capitalized tho. Sad

Cos apple be trolling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWYD: The Future of XWL
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next