Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

WWYD: The Future of XWL

Go down 
+14
Jonguin
TheFilthParade
P1
aero1890
Kyle
Bang
Nitro
Alveuss
Sofa King
Sex Ferguson
Jimmy
Danny Boy
Pats
P.R Son
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

WWYD: The Future of XWL Empty
PostSubject: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 12:26 am

Okay so while I myself am not entirely sure on what is going to happen with 15 coming out, since it's now got new gen and it's coming out on old...there's what, two months or so before it's out? So, with Danny's thread figuring out where people stand...maybe it's time to see what you guys think we can or should do in a few months time.

Typically when a new game comes out we have a month period before we officially transfer to the new game. But because this year decided to be a sweetheart and come out on the 360 too...that's super complicated. Some will get it for the 360, some for the One, and yes...even some for the PS4. It's a tricky situation because we're a community, we don't want to lose anyone in it, so what can we do?

With feuds and stuff it's easy to not have to worry about like actually doing the matches cause they can be scripted and whatnot...but, titles are the part that kind of make this more difficult than anything else. We can't have a world title split between three consoles, right? Or any of them for that matter, so this is me trying to give you the community the chance to discuss it and suggest whatever you might think we should/could do.

So what would you do?
Back to top Go down
Pats
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 12:30 am

Brand split between the One and PS4.
Back to top Go down
Danny Boy
Jobber
Danny Boy

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:55 am

I think we'll have to brand split. One brand has got to be Xbox One because the league is traditionally Xbox and Xbox One had the most people exclusive to one console on it.

Xbox One brand should have a mid-card title, either IC or US, and should be Breakdown since that seems to be the "flagship" show for XWL.

The other brand should either be PS4 or Xbox 360, whichever we can draw more interest for, and should also have a mid-card title... the one that Breakdown doesn't take.

Currently, it seems all the Admins are going to be on Xbox One so, when the time comes, I think it'd be wise to promote some Admins who are on PS4/360... possibly Dash or Oreo since they seem to be relied on as reliable members seeing as they're the two in the WHC picture right now. If one of them doesn't want to then fine, but that's just a possibility.

As David said, feuds shouldn't see any issues because it's easy to plan without even playing an actual match. However, the World title I'm not even sure what to suggest to do with it because you can't only have one while on two completely different systems because one group is going to be totally snubbed of the World title (unless we were to agree to let each brand have it for a certain amount of time? Like each brand has it 6 months of the year or something? Or find a good time to alternate it between brands? However, I don't really like that idea myself.) and I don't know if we have enough members to have two legitimately-contended-for World titles.

However, seeing as it seems no matter where the split is there'll be much less members than we have currently, we should definitely look into advertising a bit when the time comes. Also, when it comes to looking for more members, I think PS4 gives us an advantage over Xbox 360 because there'll probably (just my take on it) be many new people with the system looking for a league to join.

Anyways, I'm sure there's more ideas out there from other people and soon enough we'll just be able to enjoy the fact that everyone can record matches, the graphics are improved greatly, etc from the new systems instead of the hassle of booting it up on there.

Hoping at least something I've said has been helpful and it seems this place has a strong tradition so we'll be able to pull through no doubt, but I'm sure all of us agree that we don't want to be excluded from the league for next year due to us not having the right system at the time.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy
Mid Card
Jimmy

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:14 am

Well we are considered as a family but you have to think is this a Xbox or psn league, I'm sure it's Xbox so those who have Xbox one do there matches and those who have 360 do there's I honestly think psn should have nothing to do with this league considering the fact that this is a Xbox league, no offence to the ones buying ps4, but the league has been on Xbox since it's birth and it just would not b right to just go to psn like that . But the 360 people could keep doing 360 until they upgrade to one and the one people do the ones, but a problem is what if a one person as nd a 360 person have a match? Maybe you could do like split rosters one for the Xbox one and one for 360. That is until everybody upgrade which should be no later than Xmas. Buy honestly I don't think psn should be in it unless you have someone who has the ps4 and could handle the responsibility to run that section fars getting matches done cus we're all still connected via the site.
Back to top Go down
Sex Ferguson
Mid Card
Sex Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:31 am

I really liked Danny/Pats' suggestion about the console brand split. I would be more than happy to help out with the PS4 brand (plus, I'd advertise the crap out of it). With the World Heavyweight Championship going to the Xbox One brand, maybe we could revive the XWL Championship and have that be the PS4 brand's title. Possibly bring back Redemption to be the PS4 brand's show.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Danny Boy
Jobber
Danny Boy

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:33 am

Oreo wrote:
I really liked Danny/Pats' suggestion about the console brand split. I would be more than happy to help out with the PS4 brand (plus, I'd advertise the crap out of it). With the World Heavyweight Championship going to the Xbox One brand, maybe we could revive the XWL Championship and have that be the PS4 brand's title. Possibly bring back Redemption to be the PS4 brand's show.

Thoughts?
I was thinking something similar possibly. I could also help to bring in as many people as possible to the new-born side. Though, I was waiting to see what more people thought Razz
Back to top Go down
Sofa King
New Talent
Sofa King

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:54 am

Oreo wrote:

Thoughts?
I like this. Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Alveuss
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 6:05 am

Personally I feel like the console brand split, so far at least, has been the best looking option and honestly if it's done right could turn out really cool. However the biggest problem I see with that option isn't that we could lose quite a few members (which I feel is inevitable anyway) it's bringing new members in. Having a bunch of people advertising like hell is all well and good but a good portion of new members that come in never actually stay around for long.

I suggest that instead of the 1 month transition between 14 and 15 we give 2k14 a longer life span of about another 4-5 months or maybe even longer. This gives plenty of time for the brand split to be planned out and executed cleanly if that's the way things go, allows for plenty of time for advertising and finding more new members who will stick around and will allow people who have different consoles to matches while everything is still changing.

Of course people who have the same console and 2k15 could do their matches and stuff on there but they'd still have 2k14 as a back up but yeah. I can't think of anything better.
Back to top Go down
Nitro
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:07 am

Alveuss wrote:

I suggest that instead of the 1 month transition between 14 and 15 we give 2k14 a longer life span of about another 4-5 months or maybe even longer.

No thank you.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:18 am

If XWL were to do a brand split again it would have to be one for 360 and one for Xbox One as at least then there's the possibility of the two merges when the 360 users switch to Current Gen.

When XWL got rid of Redemption the last (super)show had 31 matches booked and 36 promos or writeups posted. Breakdown currently has 22 matches booked, is a brand split really feasible if in the past we've decided an entire roster is 31 matches and 36 promos wasn't enough for one brand?

Now according to the other thread we have 1 definite PS4 user, 5 definite Xbox One users and 2 360 users. 3 members between 360 and One and 5 between 360 and PS4. And Pats going with whatever mommy buys him and AVG for Christmas.
stats you should already know from other thread:

If one of these brands with have at most 6 members, what's the point really? And XWL has always been a Xbox League, why would it change now?

Now as for David's idea in the original post it seems like the best option at the moment in the view of XWL going forward, if this conversation was for 2k14, I would of been able to accept staying on 360, but if we're going to grow and get new members XWL needs to have a strong Current Gen presence and be looking to making the switch fully to Xbox One by 2K16.

I'm sure if there's enough 360 users by the time 2K15 is out it will be able to survive, but to me especially after Black Friday then Christmas there's a possibility of more members going to current gen, it seems to only be a matter of time before the 360 section of XWL would become pointless. But it's worth doing just for those members should the numbers on 360 be high enough.

And I wouldn't hold my breath on hoping a lot of people keep 2K14 as normally a lot of people trade it in when the new game comes out.

And the Console split? Please. If you want a PS4 league it should be a different league altogether, imagine wanting to be a certain superstar, but not being able to because the guy who has him is on a different console.

TL;DR, depends on the people who are undecided, but to grow need to focus on Current Gen and screw the PS4/One split

Oh and there's been a rumor since pre-E3 of cross-platform play coming this year(PS4 to One and One to 360 as two different examples, not 360 to PS4 just to make it clear). I highly doubt it's true for obvious reasons of Sony and Microsoft being petty and not wanting to play together, but it would sort this problem out if it's true and 2K15 was part of it.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 8:14 am

I like the idea of a brand split, but, I'm in agreement with Bang. This is first and foremost an xbox 360 league. So I think if we do another brand it should stay that. I don't like the idea of just turning it into half of a ps4 league when that wasn't the initial point of XWL. It's always been an xbox exclusive league. Since some are getting a ps4 though the only thing I could suggest, IF we do the whole brand split, is have it be PS4+360. I say + 360 because I know I'm not getting a ps4. Not anytime soon.

So we can't just toss the people aside that this leagues been based around from the beginning. Unless we have like the second brand split between two consoles. Even then though that wouldn't be fair to the One. I dunno that's not a bad idea but considering I'm not getting a PS4 and I can't afford a one right now, I'd technically be out of the league, so I don't like the idea of randomly throwing in ps4 and just shoving aside 360.

Unless, like I mentioned, we have two admins for the second brand and split it half 360 half ps4. With that thought though I think it could be hard to manage. So I'd want to find a way to have it be 360/One like we originally intended. Maybe after enough people get a One. Since we don't know how well we could manage it being a two-possibly three-console league. Just my thoughts as I've been with this place almost as long as David so I feel like I should have some say on how something should go to be honest.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Jimmy
Mid Card
Jimmy

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 12:46 pm

Totally agree with the two arguments above this comment. ^^
Back to top Go down
aero1890
New Talent

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 12:56 pm

Hey glad I decided to look in on this because I myself have a 360 and a One and I plan on getting 2k15 on the one due to the updated graphics and the career mode specifically on ps4/xbox one so if there is a way to make a brand split work, im all down for it. Im just a beginner here so I'm definitely not trying to say what should happen but I like the way this league is operated and would not like to be kicked because I won't have it on the 360
Back to top Go down
Sex Ferguson
Mid Card
Sex Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:41 pm

So basically what you guys are saying is...
fuck off to everyone that already has a PS4 or is planning to get a PS4?
 whistle
Back to top Go down
Danny Boy
Jobber
Danny Boy

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Yeah, I don't think I'm in the market much for an Xbox One, though things may one day change...

Also, yes, there's the point that this has been a "traditional" xbox league, but I don't see how that's much of an argument. The league hasn't "traditionally" dealt with console changes so this is kind of unprecedented regardless.

Even as Bang pointed out, gradually the 360 side would die as people upgraded to Xbox One so should allow 360ers to compete on the Xbox One side as part of that brand until they upgrade.

I think a cool concept, especially if we were to gather more members for each specific side, would be a brand war between the two. I mainly want a PS4 brand opposed to a new league so that I'm still able to promo with those of you on the Xbox side of things while sticking to the system I actually like.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Oreo wrote:
 whistle
No, I'm not saying that at all. I said what I did, because I took what you guys were saying, as fuck off to the users who have a 360 and can't or won't be able to get either console for a good while (me) to which I took offense. Because I've been at this place for ages. I plan on getting a One but if I can't I need to know that I'd be able to still come here, have my 360, and still compete and do my admin duties. Seeing the suggestions for brand admins made it seem like I wouldn't. So I didn't know how else to take it. Honestly I did feel like at the time, yeah I think we could make a branch of XWL specifically for ps4, and that meshing 360/4 wasn't a good idea but that's my personal opinion on things.
Back to top Go down
Danny Boy
Jobber
Danny Boy

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Kyle wrote:
Oreo wrote:
 whistle
No, I'm not saying that at all. I said what I did, because I took what you guys were saying, as fuck off to the users who have a 360 and can't or won't be able to get either console for a good while (me) to which I took offense. Because I've been at this place for ages. I plan on getting a One but if I can't I need to know that I'd be able to still come here, have my 360, and still compete and do my admin duties. Seeing the suggestions for brand admins made it seem like I wouldn't. So I didn't know how else to take it. Honestly I did feel like at the time, yeah I think we could make a branch of XWL specifically for ps4, and that meshing 360/4 wasn't a good idea but that's my personal opinion on things.
Sorry for making you feel that way hug

We all are in a pretty similar predicament where, unless we make accomodations for all three consoles, about 1/3 of us are fucked so yeah.

I don't know how you guys feel, but I think I would really like a 360/One brand and a PS4 brand since 360 users would mostly be upgrading to One and PS4 users are their own thing. Some 360 users obviously wouldn't upgrade or may even upgrade to PS4, but accommodations for said circumstances could be made later. We'd just need a booking team on top of things to ensure nobody with a One is booked vs. a 360 user and vice-versa.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Danny Boy wrote:

We all are in a pretty similar predicament where, unless we make accomodations for all three consoles, about 1/3 of us are fucked so yeah.

I don't know how you guys feel, but I think I would really like a 360/One brand and a PS4 brand since 360 users would mostly be upgrading to One and PS4 users are their own thing. Some 360 users obviously wouldn't upgrade or may even upgrade to PS4, but accommodations for said circumstances could be made later. We'd just need a booking team on top of things to ensure nobody with a One is booked vs. a 360 user and vice-versa.
Honestly, what you're suggesting, is what I liked the idea of. The main problem with it is the 360/One side of things. I'm on a limited income (disability) so I only make so much a month. Which is why I got meh when I saw people mention "we could open things up for a while for people to get a one if they have 360" I saw that as if I don't have a one by that time is up am I supposed to say bye to XWL? and it got me upset. As I can see how a ps4 brand and a One brand would work. It's the margin of that batch of 360 users that makes it hard. As I'm in that group and I don't want to be but I have no other choice.
Back to top Go down
Danny Boy
Jobber
Danny Boy

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Kyle wrote:
Danny Boy wrote:

Honestly, what you're suggesting, is what I liked the idea of. The main problem with it is the 360/One side of things. I'm on a limited income (disability) so I only make so much a month. Which is why I got meh when I saw people mention "we could open things up for a while for people to get a one if they have 360" I saw that as if I don't have a one by that time is up am I supposed to say bye to XWL? and it got me upset. As I can see how a ps4 brand and a One brand would work. It's the margin of that batch of 360 users that makes it hard. As I'm in that group and I don't want to be but I have no other choice.
Well, with what I was saying, 360 group would remain as long as there was interest in that side. If there were enough members on the 360 side to make it work for 5 years, then One/360 brand could be a thing for 5 years. If interest dies down by 2k16, then we'll have to deal with that side of things by then and hopefully you've upgraded to One by then. Though, I think a 360/One side of things does make much more sense than PS4/360 side because the 360ers would be upgrading to One, most likely, and not PS4.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Danny Boy wrote:

Well, with what I was saying, 360 group would remain as long as there was interest in that side. If there were enough members on the 360 side to make it work for 5 years, then One/360 brand could be a thing for 5 years. If interest dies down by 2k16, then we'll have to deal with that side of things by then and hopefully you've upgraded to One by then. Though, I think a 360/One side of things does make much more sense than PS4/360 side because the 360ers would be upgrading to One, most likely, and not PS4.
That's what I'm saying. 360/One can be one brand then ps4 can be another brand. Since the 360/One all use the same infrastructure (getting fancy) and all that it'd be much easier to manage booking wise. At least that's how I see things. It'd just be weird to do ps4/360 when not many people would do 360 when looking at a ps4. Compared to One/360.
Back to top Go down
Danny Boy
Jobber
Danny Boy

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:35 pm

Kyle wrote:
Danny Boy wrote:

That's what I'm saying. 360/One can be one brand then ps4 can be another brand. Since the 360/One all use the same infrastructure (getting fancy) and all that it'd be much easier to manage booking wise. At least that's how I see things. It'd just be weird to do ps4/360 when not many people would do 360 when looking at a ps4. Compared to One/360.
Exactly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:38 pm

Danny Boy wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Danny Boy wrote:

Exactly. Very Happy
Hell I'd help manage the 360/One side like I do now. Then Oreo and whoever could manage ps4. I just didn't wanna be left out of being an admin on anything and it felt like I was when you guys were mentioning oreo can admin the ps4/360 side so I was like wait wat. So I think it's that 360/One is one brand then it'd be One/PS4 once enough people make jumps to whichever next gen they get. One/PS4 in the sense that one brand is xbox and one brand is all ps4 if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Danny Boy
Jobber
Danny Boy

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Kyle wrote:
Danny Boy wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Danny Boy wrote:

Exactly. Very Happy
Hell I'd help manage the 360/One side like I do now. Then Oreo and whoever could manage ps4. I just didn't wanna be left out of being an admin on anything and it felt like I was when you guys were mentioning oreo can admin the ps4/360 side so I was like wait wat. So I think it's that 360/One is one brand then it'd be One/PS4 once enough people make jumps to whichever next gen they get. One/PS4 in the sense that one brand is xbox and one brand is all ps4 if that makes sense.
Well, we never really brought up a 360/PS4 side. It was more of a second brand that would be either PS4 or 360, but not both. Then came the much better plan of the One/360 side being a thing and the PS4 side being a thing as well. I probably mis-worded what I said in my original post which caused a bit of confusion.

Anyways, admins should probably just remain the same on the One/360 side since it seems every Admin we have currently is on that side. Admins would just need to be appointed for the other side since it would be awkward, in my opinion, to have five people without the console running a PS4 side.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Danny Boy wrote:

Well, we never really brought up a 360/PS4 side. It was more of a second brand that would be either PS4 or 360, but not both. Then came the much better plan of the One/360 side being a thing and the PS4 side being a thing as well. I probably mis-worded what I said in my original post which caused a bit of confusion.

Anyways, admins should probably just remain the same on the One/360 side since it seems every Admin we have currently is on that side. Admins would just need to be appointed for the other side since it would be awkward, in my opinion, to have five people without the console running a PS4 side.
You did. You confused a few of us and it made me think you meant ps4/360 would be one side and all I kept thinking is no that can't work whereas an Xbox One/Xbox 360 (Breakdown or Redemption) then PS4 (opposite brand) is how it would work. Then it wouldn't be difficult because we'd just phase out the 360. I just don't want it phased out too soon as there's no telling how soon someone can get a new console ie the One. But at the same time, for that what would we then do, offer extended breaks for that situation lol. I'm on SSI and all my stuff goes to bills and that's why it's hard to afford new stuff. Which is why it may take me a while to upgrade. But yeah.
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:18 am

I like the idea of having a PS4 brand for the brand war feels. But it seems like it's just going to be another league sharing the XWL roster and background storylines
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWYD: The Future of XWL   WWYD: The Future of XWL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWYD: The Future of XWL
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next