Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Survey 2014 Edition

Go down 
+12
DashingDJUrie
Jiggas
TheKrzyOne
Dash
TheFilthParade
Shug
Twiztid
Pats
Bang
Stay✔
T-Roll
P.R Son
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

XWL Survey 2014 Edition Empty
PostSubject: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 8:07 pm

In order to continue to provide an experience that you the members enjoy, we like to hold a no holds barred survey every so often. This is an open thread that allows everyone to be as brutally honest as they would like to be, no one will be shunned for their views, and no one will argue with you. This is your chance to say exactly what it is you want to say, as well as answer these questions honestly. So every member, please take the time to answer all of the questions below, the more input we have the better outcome this Survey will bring.

What do you like the most about XWL?

What do you like the least?

Do you prefer being booked as one character, two, or all three every week?

How do you feel about the Admins that are in charge of running the site? Is there anything that any of us could improve on?

What is your current opinion on the Championships and ideas surrounding them? Such as putting more of an emphasis on the number one contenderships, or even having champions involved in non-title situations at Pay-Per-Views from time to time?

What is your opinion of the current champions, and who would you like to see in contention?

When it comes to PPV Posters, what criteria should we look for? Should it be a superstar that's been making waves, a current champion, members of an ongoing feud?

Recently a thread was made to inform the members that the admins were watching very closely, that we had many opportunities on the way for those that were consistently active. Why do you think we needed to go to these steps to kickstart activity? Do you have any suggestions that will prevent this from needing to be done in the future?

Is there anything that can be done in your opinion, to make the rules of the league even better?

In your honest opinion, what's more important to you in matches? Having a fair and fun match regardless of the outcome, or winning? Please explain why you feel this way.

We had to get rid if the PPV Awards due to lack of interest, and input. What is something community wise that you think we could bring to XWL to get everyone involved, just as The PPV Awards once did?

If you could change one thing about XWL, what would it be, and why?

Some members have had a shaky history in XWL, such as abruptly leaving, being banned, falling into an unreliable category, or even lacking consistency when it comes to promos. If you were in our shoes, and you were an admin, how would you handle the topic of giving them opportunities?

Other than what we've asked, do you have anything else you'd like to address in this survey?

Last edited by ThatGuy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roll
Upper Mid Card
T-Roll

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 8:40 pm

I like the storys, to be honest. I've put more effort and time into making stories over here than in most places, though I try and do that in every league/fed I am in. But as I have said before, my feud with Kenny King will always stand out to me. It felt like I earned the right to be on a packed card in a very active place.

Krzy.

The fact that I had to edit this.

I like being booked as all three, but I usually only get 1 or 2 of these done. Some of the time it is not my fault, but I will take the blame for not pestering you people more to come and fight me, yo.

How do you feel about the Admins that are in charge of running the site? Is there anything that any of us could improve on?
Overall, I feel that the admin team is pretty on their game, though, no team is perfect and we definitely don't see what's going on behind the scenes.

Austin could call me pretty more.

What is your current opinion on the Championships and ideas surrounding them? Such as putting more of an emphasis on the number one contenderships, or even having champions involved in non-title situations at Pay-Per-Views from time to time?
I MADE IT TO THE CONTENDER AREA MOM! LOVE ME ALREADY!

I dig it. Making earning number one contendership something to be proud of.

Recently a thread was made to inform the members that the admins were watching very closely, that we had many opportunities on the way for those that were consistently active. Why do you think we needed to go to these steps to kickstart activity? Do you have any suggestions that will prevent this from needing to be done in the future?
Most people don't think about, "oh, I have to do stuff to be relevant? I thought I could just attempt to do my matches." That's my guess. Er.... It's hard to keep activity going in a fed. Hopefully, people who simply love playing will stick around here.

Is there anything that can be done in your opinion, to make the rules of the league even better?
I am not overly fond of the three finisher thing. But I can't say anything because it's saved me on more than one occasion.

In your honest opinion, what's more important to you in matches? Having a fair and fun match regardless of the outcome, or winning? Please explain why you feel this way.
Fair and fun matches. I love winning and all that, but to me, if I didn't have fun in the match, was it really worth playing?

We had to get rid if the PPV Awards due to lack of interest, and input. What is something community wise that you think we could bring to XWL to get everyone involved, just as The PPV Awards once did?
Do the PPV Awards again. <3

The fact that Zander left and dropped Rock and Bryan and Lee. </3

Some members have had a shaky history in XWL, such as abruptly leaving, being banned, falling into an unreliable category, or even lacking consistency when it comes to promos. If you were in our shoes, and you were an admin, how would you handle the topic of giving them opportunities?
Test them on their reliability then give them a shot. You never know unless you play the hand you are delt.

Other than what we've asked, do you have anything else you'd like to address in this survey?
I miss RCP.

What is your opinion of the current champions, and who would you like to see in contention?
I MADE IT MOM! <3

When it comes to PPV Posters, what criteria should we look for? Should it be a superstar that's been making waves, a current champion, members of an ongoing feud?
I think it should be a collaboration of all of them. Have the most inspiring champion, the biggest feud currently, and the most happening superstar.
Back to top Go down
Stay✔
Mid Card
Stay✔

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:56 pm

- I like the effort that most members people into their works, everything feels so realistic at times. I honestly just like all the members, cool people to talk to.

- The weekend rush.

- All three, yay.

- I feel that the admins are doing a great job. I feel like I'm seeing more variety in the ME, like this past week. Divas soon to ME again, you just wait on it.

- I feel that all the championships are in a good place. I'm glad to see some variety in the World Title scene, the title scenes feel fresh. I would like to see champions involved in angles from time to time, every month doesn't have to be a defense. Can be defended on a Breakdown edition here and there.

- I honestly like Seme as XWL World Heavyweight Champion, he's doing great work as ADR. Shawn Michaels and Antonio Cesaro are good champs too, Gaz and Bang don't disappoint. Layla as champ is always ftw. I'd like to see superstars like Sangriento, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose and Reigns in contention for these titles. Jomo *cough*, waiting for rematch *cough*. For Divas, Paige and Kaitlyn are great choices for contention and The Bella Twins are even better choices, obvious fact.

- I just think anyone who had been making waves like you said, just someone who stands out for the month or for a period of time, just someone awesome.

- I think people are forgetting that promos actually matter and that no one wants to see a champion that only does matches, how can a feud actually progress? But no suggestions, you have rules in place already, strip 'em boys.

- Kill that three superstars/thee divas rule  Twisted Evil 

- I like a fair and fun match, especially since wins and losses don't really matter that much.

- I would like a Power rankings like Bang did, it just stopped out of nowhere </3 can I get a chance to be #1? But PPV awards please, I'll do it this time.

- Bring back the X-Treme title, I can make it work <3. Why? Because JoMo said so.

- If I was admin </3 (2013-2013), I would honestly just give them a shot if they've done great work. I would make it a gauntlet contender's match tbh, they'll have to fight for that shot pfu.

- RCP </3, Diva battle royals ftw, Zander </3, Jomo wants his shot back bitches </3, Nikki was robbed </3, #BrieMode2014
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:22 pm

Adam, Penguin, Gregg, Gaz, Jiggas, AJ, Shuggz, Jiggas, Z. You know "The Kliq".

All of the god damn Surveys. And people being all like "Yeah we should do something this week" then bailing after you send them a promo and not telling you... That's always fantastic.

All.

Booking on Fridays, like we agreed to do when I was still admin would be good, not waiting until the last minute. Admins randomly disappearing when it's time to book, faking appearing offline or just not replying until the booking is done needs to stop. That or when Austin and Seme side with David when they haven't even read what they're agreeing too, that's fantastic. Ironically I actually know more admin stuff now then when I was an admin myself, so clearly communication needs to be improved. And most of the stuff I've actually been told, also by non-admins if it's true(some of which has already become true) you're just the worst fucking admins we could possibly have and just another reason why others and I don't really want to contribute to XWL.

My situation with Cesaro sucks. I don't know what's going on with the Diva's title, last thing I was told was there was going to be a tournament or some kind but by the looks of it that's not happening any more? Ambrose as number one contender was questionable.

Steen... oh.

I don't really care, as long as I'm told more than 2 days before the poster is supposed to go up. I'll admit this month I didn't do it, but I got fired I had more important things to do.

Firstly people haven't been active because they've had enough of the same old shit. Sticking to what was said in the thread would be a good way to make sure you don't have to review how title shots are given out.

Like in game rules?

A lot of people still play to win, you know who you are. That's not so fun, but a lot I have good matches with so, yeah.

I think XWL has a bad vibe to it and has for a while, if it was more enjoyable then people would want to do stuff.

I'd change most things. Firstly I'd bring back the XWL Ice cream bars, and Ewantu.

The past belongs in the past. We're talking about giving someone who was unreliable getting a title shot in a WWE Video game league here, not an ex-inmate getting a job in a school here.

What IS our Spaghetti policy?
Back to top Go down
Pats
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:54 pm

The relationships and friends, the prestige that this place has and the amazing things we create.

The fact that if I'm not being thought of as unreliable I'm an asskisser and yes, I know no one might be thinking of me as the latter but I can't honestly remember the last time anyone who hasn't been working with me has initiated a conversation with me. I feel like I'm on an island sometimes lol.
Two.
Again being more approachable. I know with the ones I don't talk with, we haven't had the best history but I'm always ready to change that.
I think that it's equalized matches as being a big part of the league and even though I benefited a ton from the old way, it's still great
Um #Newgeneration plz lol I don't know
Again could voting really hurt?

Because not everyone badgers David for spoilers like I do seriously guys he doesn't have that much on his plate  go go go  plain mischief: 
Only thing I can think of is making the opportunity thing permanent and in the rules. Oh and no sub fins till the 3rd fin AT LEAST.

A complete mix. That's how I try to play at, at least. Try to remember rules as you go apologize for a screw up if the person isn't anti mic. And CHAIN GRAPPLING!

GTA V Bounty of the week or something with that game. Put me in the crew plz.

I would have everyone get mics lmao. Seriously guys we've known each other for how long? I'm sure no one has any room to judge anyone for anything and they shouldn't ever so the worst that can happen is the ban hammer making an appearance.
Oh boy this one huh? Again mics/ video calling could solve 90% of it and if we have the human element in the equation people could trust the admins about being rewarded and such. I don't know I'm on my phone so I can say so much more.

If you give me a chance I'll make the most of it and give you 10X more chances for friendship and anything else.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:40 am

Usually I say the community and how it feels like a second family, but truth be told that feeling has long been lost. The last two weeks have been great though, actual comments noticing things from members, still could be better though. But what I really love is the story aspect. How there's always something going on, whether title wise, or not that you really wanna follow. Just wish sometimes that more effort went into things.

It feels, to me and it's felt like this for a while, which I'm the minority in, but it feels like people don't care about having just a fun crazy match every week. People say they don't care about winning, but I don't know to me I like to just fuck around in matches, allow certain spots, not try to end it as quickly as you can. I think that's a lost art now, an art people don't seem to understand anymore. There's a select few that still remember it and apply it to their matches, but I just wish we could say fuck winning, fuck getting over competitive and just focus on having the most fun match that you can possibly imagine. So what if someone catches you with a finisher in mid-air? Is that any reason to not dive off the top rope? If someone wants to try an outside dive, why do you have to run away, why not reverse for a cool spot? Hell that applies to actual diving moves too, isn't reversing those cooler than just running away all the time? I like a realist style, to do things that just seem so organic, and I wish more people were open to doing the same.

I'm usually good with all three unless there's specifications beforehand, or plans that prevent me from being booked as a certain person.

Speaking as an admin there's a great deal we can improve on, for instance not having group conversations blatantly ignored at times, like so blatant. We have an Admin Board that none of you really know about, but that's okay because we don't seem to know about it either. There are things we do right, but there are things we do wrong, personal feelings get in the way of what's best for the league at the moment, and I wish that didn't happen. We need to be more welcoming to new members, or returning ones, just because they had a rough last run doesn't mean they can't become great ones, I'm always a big advocate in taking a chance on someone even if their past isn't the greatest, because some of the best members have screwed up before too and they get back into the mix, so why not do the same for them? The reason we like these surveys is because it gives us a chance to really delve into the issues and actually do some amazing changes, that's why I'm so honest above, because it's said in so many admin conversations, practically every single one that we need to do better, that we'll do better, and it doesn't last.

Also, we go back on our word too fucking much. I just brought this up a few days ago when names were brought up and suddenly it was okay to put "exceptions" hey we've gotta be up front and honest in this thread right? Or else nothing will change? While I'm happy with the Paige/Kaitlyn thing for the Divas thing, I am not happy that we basically committed to a tournament, I even brought that up to people to motivate them, it was said in that thread....and then after we agreed on it with only one person that didn't, suddenly a week later everything changes and it's best to do something we can rely on. WHICH I do get, and as champ I want a contender that will do stuff, but really it wouldn't have hurt to put eight divas in a tournament, sure some haven't done promos like Lita and Ashley, or Zack until I lit a fire under him....but really would it have hurt? No it wouldn't have.

I feel like we've got a great handle on ideas to make championships not only mean more but have more diversity. All we really need are members to keep up with the activity, because contrary to what you may believe, we hate having the same people in title scenes too, it's just we've kind of had little to no options for a while. Which hopefully thanks to the last two weeks of shows, will not be an issue as much as it has been. I love the idea of having contenders get involved in an actual feud and build the match itself up. It can get old seeing the same format every month, so I think we've done great with that, or at least better than we were.

I'm going to be honest, considering we've got such a long gap in between the champion's next defenses (excluding World) I find it ridiculous that a champion cannot promo regularly. We've allowed this break in title matches to ensure Final Stand has the best possible title matches they can have, and so we need the champions, every single one, to do what we've asked the potential contenders to do. How can we expect members to finally be consistent and promo actively if champions don't put forth the same effort? In case I'm not being clear enough, it's kind of bad when The I.C champion can promo the last two weeks, since we made that thread, I can promo, The World Champion can promo, but the United States Champion can't?

I basically always look for all of the above, it'd be great to have a feud for once, maybe like a split poster with one half one color and a superstar, then the other side another color with their rival. Some cool effect on them that makes it look really sick, I always want to have variety when it comes to who is on the posters and I believe recently we've improved where we've failed before.

I think it's absolutely pathetic we had to do this, it's worked, but it's still sad. Championships are nothing without great feuds, and you can't have those great feuds by just having meaningless matches with no stories behind them to really make it something worthwhile. If you want titles, if you want in Money in The Bank, if you want to Main-Event, if you want to be in cool things like King of The Ring, The Elimination Chamber, or anything else that isn't just a normal boring one on one every single week on every card...then you need to put forth effort. We reward effort, we do not reward people that just do the bare minimum, a promo once in a blue moon. People like that, that ask us hey when am I getting a title shot, when they've done maybe one promo in a month span, really don't get it. We want you all to succeed, but you have to realize the reason XWL has been so "known" I guess you could say is because we try to put forth a product you won't really see anywhere else. This requires all champions to be active and promo, this requires anyone wishing to be in a title scene to promo, not be asked to promo, but promo on their own. Taking initiative yourself and just jumping into the league, to enjoy what it has to offer is what XWL is about. We're supposed to have fun, and feuds are to me what brings the most fun. Maybe it's our bad for not saying in some capacity that we're noticing some people, that we're looking, but that should go without saying. If you do the work, if you put forth promos consistently, you will get a #1 contenders match, you will be chosen to be in Money in The Bank.

I wish there was a way to make matches have a better pace, like an example and this is again a lost art, if someone breaks a pin, like their third finisher pin, you should not then do your finisher a few seconds later and win off it. Because they wanted to make something fun, far from competitive, and disregard the fact that they could have won at some point early, and why did they do that? TO HAVE FUN! Matches used to be a lot more fun, but it's not the things people are doing that's really destroying that, it's what they're not doing. They're not taking it easy in the early goings, they're not going for nearfalls when they're in control for ages, oh you don't wanna lose because you eased up? Well if everyone played the same and didn't worry about that same thing themselves, guess what? You wouldn't have to worry about that because it wouldn't matter, because it wouldn't be an issue. Because they would do the same themselves, and not just get the win as quick as it comes to them.

Like the above, the most important thing to me is having fun and just fucking around. I wanna just go in every match, chill, have an awesome reversal fest, have someone catch me when I dive, catapult me when I run at them, shove me off into a finisher, shove them off into my finisher. I just want to make the most of what this game will let us do, and it's a lot more than some people really try to do themselves. I'm not trying to dictate and tell you what you do is wrong, but honestly we need to reevaluate what the league as a whole wants in a match, so that we can just have way more fun than some of us are currently having.  

I really don't know, but I'm hoping one of you can come up with something, because we're doing better, the little comments in the Breakdown threads are nice, and remind me of old XWL. But we can still be so much more involved, and doing Surveys like this helps us all have a voice which I've always liked.

Back to the match thing, I wish more people just didn't give a shit about winning as much as they claim they don't. I know what my vision was for this league, and it's fallen short of what it was some time ago. After we cracked down on waiting, we had the perfect, really close to the perfect feel in matches. I don't know if 2013 ruined it with the broken pins, and chain grapple, or diving reversals, but it's not been the same.

I've always believed in giving people chances, unfortunately some of my fellow admins, and it's not just the group we have now, but in the past, don't feel the same way. People clearly want us to take a chance so that's exactly what we should do, take a chance. Hell it's like I said above, I can name some great people, people I like, people that have let us down in big ways in the past, did we forever damn them? No matter what your personal feelings may be about that person, it's not right to just base things off what they've done in the past, go off what they're doing right now and if it doesn't work out, well at least they can't bitch, or have other people bitch for them that it's not fair. It's really as simple as that, we asked for everyone to actually show they give a damn and can be active, so that should be that. We should take notice of everyone, not say oh I don't like this about so and so, and open the door for more excuses that exclude others. We promised everyone the same opportunity in that thread, that it wouldn't matter what you did before that thread, that it would be based off who steps up, and a lot of people have, whether they're new, maybe have a shaky history, or just finally started being consistent, that is what we asked for, so we have no right to go back on that.

I just think we need to look at this thread with an open mind, not get pissed off because of what I've said, or what others will say or have said, and just change shit. There's issues, in many departments, some people bitching have a reason to, but we also have reason to bitch about them. It's a two way street, we all can do better, the admins can be a whole hell of a lot better, and so I implore them, as well as those reading this before they respond themselves, to do the same. Speak your mind, don't hold back, because with your honesty, with your brutal opinions, we can work together to take the last two week bump in activity, and make it last. Not only make it last, but make those that currently still aren't all that active, see why they should be. Matches need to be more fun, the admins, including myself, especially myself all need to do a fucking better job than we are. Booking is atrocious, it's been atrocious, it's been a hassle, HELL COMING UP WITH QUESTIONS TO ASK IN THIS SURVEY WAS LIKE PULLING TEETH! It shouldn't be like that, if an admin brings up a topic, like Gaz wanting to have another survey, then we all need to drop what we're doing when we have the chance, meet in a group conversation, and say hey what should we ask? Should we ask this from a previous Survey? Hey what about this issue, maybe they can really tell us what they think about this? But I'll tell you now that is sure as hell not what we had. The admins have a lot to work on, but so do the members, the league as a whole needs to get our shit together. We've been around for five fucking years, so let's fucking show it yeah?

-   In short, (It's not actually short) nobody answering this survey needs to hold back, admins, tear into the issues, don't keep something hidden, express your frustrations, because if we can't work it out in group conversations that basically seem to go nowhere, then maybe in this public way we can say what we feel, and not have someone rage leave a chat or stop responding. Maybe this way we can be the team we were for that first week. And Members? Don't worry about pissing us off, because I'm pretty sure some of us already are about some things. So if there's something you don't like? Please do not hesitate to go into detail, tell us how you really feel, and be as honest as you can. Issues aren't solved by biting your tongue or sweeping them under the rug, they're solved when we just say fuck it and finally let loose everything we've felt about everything. Me and Gaz used to be enemies, silly and sad to say, but then we finally just opened up, said EVERYTHING, didn't hold back, and it's been better. Some rough points, but sure as hell better than we used to be. So if you have issues with someone? Say it here, let them respond, work out the issues. If you have issues with how something is ran? We won't know if you never just fucking say it.

Back to top Go down
Twiztid
Mid Card
Twiztid

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:47 am

people coming togather to put something fun togather

idk yet

well i perfer my two or three if i got three

they all do good in my eyes

none

they earned it and i would love to see kane vs undertaker

i think all three sounds good

i honestly don't know sorry :/

well i don't at the moment but i will let you know if i come up with something

i say both some i feel i dispoint myself for not winning but i also have very much fun with matchs becuase of awesome people

my honest opion we should have like a legend show like old school raw Smile

idk yet

i would give them three chances and show respect but if they don't show respect back i would fire them

none at the moment but if i come up with something i will add it here
Shug

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:37 am

The people that I talk to, I miss talking to those guys.
They had a sense of humour.

That some people have no sense of priorities. Being told nearly every week that someone done this, someone is pissed because you do that. Again I say, like I do every time people need to stop taking this so seriously. People complain about bitching behind peoples back and then they're the first to run to someone to tell them what was said.

Both of them.

I feel like I see the same things posted in this part every time we have one of these surveys and now Bang has pretty much confirmed what most people already thought was happening anyway, so I won't waste my time.

Why would a Champion not defend at the PPV?

Seme - Great work so far.
Bang - As per usual great, never fails to disappoint.
Gaz - Good as HBK, still scratching my head whether DX actually earned Title shots but that's just me.
Divas, don't care. Well done.
David - DIdn't need another MiTB but well done nonetheless.

All of the above... Just make sure it isn't the same people month after month like it normally is.

A thread was made and for what I have seen I have seen no feedback from admins about progressing into title shots. Some of commented on promos which is great but I have seen the same people put a lot of effort in and have not had any shots.

Not a rule but lighten up.
Actually, that should be a rule.

A fun match. A lot of people claim that is what they like and they play fun matches when it's not involved for here but when it is they can become pretty cheap at times.

I can't believe that tbh. When I started them I would get about five people sending in their votes for the awards, I had to bug everyone else to get the votes and I wouldn't leave them alone until they did it. I don't see how that couldn't be achieved now.

The booking bias towards admins. If P1 dropped Ryback (Who he was been putting a lot of effort into week after week btw) and picked up someone else, he would be at the top of the card for god knows how long and wouldn't get a title shot. Where as if an admin dropped someone and picked up someone else, they would be floating around the main event scene since the get go and most times have a title shot within a month or two.

Let them back in. I personally would like to see RMS here again (For other reasons but regardless). If they are that unreliable don't let them take a big name and if they are annoying just ignore them.

Not even remotely.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:47 am

I'll fill mine in later but I just want to say before it happens, no admin should be replying to anyone telling them they're wrong like has happened in past surveys. This is for people's opinions so if that's the way they feel then nobody should be telling them they're wrong.
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:50 am

TheFilthParade wrote:
I'll fill mine in later but I just want to say before it happens, no admin should be replying to anyone telling them they're wrong like has happened in past surveys. This is for people's opinions so if that's the way they feel then nobody should be telling them they're wrong.
You're wrong.

Well done.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:52 am

TheFilthParade wrote:

That's exactly how I feel, hell there a lot of of great points made, and we should all be 100% honest. I was with mine, so I expect the same from everyone else. With every issue coming to light, hopefully we as a group can work everything out and bring a change to what desperately needs it.
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:53 am

It just isn't like any other league I've ever been a part of. I actually look forward to finding out who my opponent is for the week, the matches are almost always fun to do, and you can have a good rivalry with anyone, or even just write a random promo with someone and feel like you've achieved something. It's always going to be a step above other leagues for me.

I guess being booked against people who never bother to get their matches is done is something I don't really like, but sometimes it can't be helped.

I like being booked as three, but I'd prefer that Prince Devitt be the one who gets the better opponents since he's the one I'm investing more time in and trying to do something worthwhile and long term with. I wasn't able to get my first match done as Devitt, I think it was against Kassiuss, but he never replied to my message. The same goes for Samoa Joe, I wasn't able to get that one done either, and it's just a little disappointing since I enjoy playing matches as him.

I'm guilty of thinking that it's always the same people in the main event scene or the title pictures, but I understand that it kind of has to be when the others are either not promoing consistently or switching their characters. I'm not trying to start an argument here, but I really couldn't understand how Gaz got a title shot with Shawn Michaels, especially since he'd just dropped Graves in the middle of another a feud for the IC Championship like a month before. I feel like if that was a member that did that, they would have been out of the title scene for quite some time. When things like that happen, it really does come across that the admins favour themselves sometimes.

I can't really understand why a champion wouldn't be defending at a payperview, even if they have a feud set up, they should still have to defend the belt in my opinion. But saying that, I like how the last couple of weeks have gone and the people chosen for the number one contender matches actually make sense to me. It's great to see Austin get a chance as Cena, and it's great to finally see Darkwolf getting his shot as Young. I think having contender matches like this more often could do wonders for the league.

I like the current champions, HBK is a fun champion and his promos are always a joy to read. I don't personally like Alberto Del Rio or anything about him, but Seme is a really good champion nonetheless. Layla is a fantastic champion as well, I'm glad to see the belt with her, she's the most deserving to hold it at the moment anyway. The United States Champion's promos are always good to read too, although there may be a lack of them recently, he's still a great champion in my eyes, just needs to show it more. As for who should be contenders, I know that you have two more spots for the contender matches, and I'm really hoping that you pick Cobros for one of them. I know that he has a feud going on with Rey Mysterio, but he's been consistent with promoing pretty much every week as Sheamus since he picked him up, he's been a part of the league for a couple of months now, and his promos are always entertaining. I think that out of everyone that may be in contention for those spots, Cobros is the stand out of the lot.

It should just be someone who's made an impact in early weeks. All of the past few posters made sense to me, I don't really have an issue with who is chosen.

I really don't think that there's a productive way to kickstart activity. If people want to promo, if they want to be active, want to do their matches and want to have a fun feud with someone, then they're going to do just that. I don't really think it's a good idea to try to lure them in with the idea of a reward for it, because then they're just promoing for all the wrong reasons.

I'm a fan of the current rules so no, not really.

Honestly, it depends who I'm facing that week. When I'm put against someone who doesn't promo and only ever does their matches, I'll be leaning more towards trying to beat them, because I don't really think they deserve a victory when they aren't working for it. If I'm against someone active who is tryharding me, then yeah, I'll try to beat them too because that's something I really don't like. But when I'm put against someone like David who I know is there to have fun, I'll give them the same treatment that they give me, I'll let them hit spots, I'll kick out for them, and I'll even dive into an incoming finisher because I know that they'd do the same for me and whether I win or lose, I'll leave the match satisfied.

I think you should bring them back, with activity slowly growing again you should be able to pull in more votes than you were getting over the holiday season.

I think it would be cool to do something kind of like RAW Active, or even a little bit like Digital Decision. For example, you post a poll on the site on who should Chris Jericho face this week, and you list three possible opponents and then the members get to vote who they'd like to see him go head to head with. It could be used to decide stipulations for matches too.

It really depends when they were being unreliable or when they were banned. If it was just a couple of months ago, I'd probably wait a while before giving them another opportunity. We had this one guy in another league who left the site as the World Champion only to return a couple weeks later, this was around four to five months ago and although he's active again, we still don't consider him for championship opportunities.

Other than the fact that I'm thrilled I finally found someone I like promoing with as much as Austin Aries, nope.

Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:06 am

Just wanna point out I wasn't admin when I got the shot with HBK. us flag 
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:08 am

TheFilthParade wrote:
The point still stands, you were favoured by them or you wouldn't have been made an admin a few weeks later.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:19 am

Dash wrote:
TheFilthParade wrote:
The point still stands, you were favoured by them or you wouldn't have been made an admin a few weeks later.

But I wasn't even close to first choice, there was others mentioned before me that didn't happen for certain reasons lol

Hell, I think David was even against it.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:20 am

Dash wrote:
TheFilthParade wrote:

Actually we had something we wanted to do instead, two entirely different people for The I.C match, but something happened, so we had to go with plan B. Not at all Gaz's fault in any way, I can see how it may be seen as a bias, unitentionally really...but we had to use the cards we were dealt with since plan A seemed to be taken away from us. Which come to find out that wasn't all the way true. Also Gaz was made an admin because Gregg stepped down sometime right after the decision to put Gaz in the title match, and he offered. No one else did, we needed help, and Gaz in the past has been of great help to us so we took him up on it.

TheFilthParade wrote:

But I wasn't even close to first choice, there was others mentioned before me that didn't happen for certain reasons lol

That I was, it was nothing against Gaz that's just how I felt about the quick return to the title picture as a different character. Really while that issue may be an example of "bias" it's one that we really had to make, activity was down so it was either that, or nothing. Gaz has done great with his reign though, promoing consistently so at least while he wasn't our first choice for the initial match, it's worked out by givign us a reliable champion.
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 8:10 am

ThatGuy wrote:
Dash wrote:
TheFilthParade wrote:

Actually we had something we wanted to do instead, two entirely different people for The I.C match, but something happened, so we had to go with plan B. Not at all Gaz's fault in any way, I can see how it may be seen as a bias, unitentionally really...but we had to use the cards we were dealt with since plan A seemed to be taken away from us. Which come to find out that wasn't all the way true. Also Gaz was made an admin because Gregg stepped down sometime right after the decision to put Gaz in the title match, and he offered. No one else did, we needed help, and Gaz in the past has been of great help to us so we took him up on it.

TheFilthParade wrote:

That I was, it was nothing against Gaz that's just how I felt about the quick return to the title picture as a different character. Really while that issue may be an example of "bias" it's one that we really had to make, activity was down so it was either that, or nothing. Gaz has done great with his reign though, promoing consistently so at least while he wasn't our first choice for the initial match, it's worked out by givign us a reliable champion.

I see, I understand it better now. Back then it just seemed weird and maybe a little bit biased that he was given the shot, but I didn't realise that he wasn't the first choice or even the second. I suppose that situation really couldn't be helped. And like I said in my original post, I agree that he's been a really good champion with consistent and entertaining promos.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:35 am

Shuggz wrote:
If P1 dropped Ryback
 Batista Sad 
Back to top Go down
Jiggas
Mid Card
Jiggas

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:10 pm

I know I have been away for awhile but what I like most about XWL is the storylines that happen here. Plus there are some cool people I have met on here and you know who you are. Oh and having some fun matches

Not really sure what I dislike about the site. Sometimes it does feel like the same people are on top but that personally doesn't bother me I just felt I was forced to think of something that I might dislike a little. I am not sure of anything else I dont like.

At the moment I am on a break due to some busy shit going down in my life, SPOILER ALERT My girlfriend is pregnant and well just to say she is due like tomorrow haha. But yeah when I am back I don't mind being booked as both. I did consider Steen being my main character but didn't seem to be getting anywhere recently and started to enjoy promo'ing as Aries

Seems all good to me tbh, I have never had a problem with any of the admins or what they do.

Championships should be defended at every PPV simple as that.

None of the championship belts are mine so you all suck haha. Nah seriously all the people that are champs are guys I think do a good job and deserve it and Seme is a great world champion.

All of the above in my opinion really.

Can't think of any sorry.

Nah

Fun matches. I hate having matches with people who are just trying to win the match which usually means they like to bend or even break the rules. Don't get me wrong it is nice to win but its not the most important thing at all. So yeah having fun matches is more important to me

PPV awards was great but I will hold my hand up I rarely voted due to forgetting to do so. I cant really think of anything, ermmm, maybe a something a reviewing roundtable. After each show pick your best bits from the show or whatever and discuss?

Nothing I can think of.

Those people would have to go out of their way to earn the opportunities if they have fallen in to those catergories. But if they prove themselves of worthy then they should get chances at titles etc.

I know one thing I would love more people to do but not saying you should do it but that reviewing. I know I have reviewed in the past and I know recently more people have done a bit of reviewing. I know personally I enjoy hearing feedback about my promos and it also a way of helping if your not sure about your work.

I have been watching a bit of NJPW recently and I would love some type of Round Robin Tournament like the G1 Climax, I think this would be enjoyable.
[/center]
Back to top Go down
DashingDJUrie
Mid Card
DashingDJUrie

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:36 pm

The rules are pretty cool. They're very different compared to the rules of the other league I'm in, and they make for some awesome matches. I've had some great battles here, one of my favorites being against Shelley at The Monster Bash. 

That hour long match against Morrison though.

I don't know, some people seem too big for their britches. Like Punk said, this is meant to be fun, don't take it so seriously. 

I only have Kenny, so, yeah. 

They seem like a great team to me. No complaints. 

So I get that every once in a while a champion might not defend his or her title at a pay-per-view. I was once the champion in my other league and I had a feud planned for a certain pay-per-view so the title wasn't going to be defended. But I HAD a feud. In this case, as far as I can tell, the United States champion doesn't have a feud. I don't know about the Intercontinental champion, I haven't read a Shawn promo for some time. It just seems, I don't know, weird. If the champion doesn't have a feud planned, he should defend his title.

All of the champions look good in my eyes. I agree with Dash, Swagger or Sheamus should get a title shot. <3 you Cobros.

Antonio stole my title though.

I don't know, just switch it up a bit from time to time. 

I've got nothing for you.

No thank you. They're awesome.

I'd rather have a fun match. But I'd also like to have a competitive match. Just whooping someone into tomorrow isn't fun, and someone playing like a dick isn't either. Everyone likes to win though, and they're lying if they say otherwise. 

Blank, man.

It needs more Kenny King. Because he's the King.

Also known as me. I know I dropped out when I won the United States title, and that was a dick move on my part. But that was a weird time for me, not that that excuses what I did. I don't plan on doing anything like that again, it's not me. But if anything WERE to happen, I'd say something this time.

I never lost my title!

Dwolf sucks, give me the title.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 3:13 pm

Honestly, I don't know anymore.  Probably the best thing for me is that it's a place where I can be a part of and read creative storylines and promos that would never happen in real life.  If you asked me this a few years ago, I'd say the fun and fair matches but they seem to be like a chore these days and I can have fun and fair matches outside of XWL now anyway so it's just mainly the promos.

There's a few things that irk me at the moment, but what I like the least is the admin approved rule being a farce and open to abuse (names who are AA that shouldn't be, what does AA even mean anymore? people promoing at the last minute every time they're about to be warned to keep their guy and people who don't even own the game and contribute the bare minimum to keep hold of AA guys).  Also, it takes forever for someone to become available after the person holding them becomes inactive for whatever reason.  

I only have two right now, so two.  Three if/when I get a third.

I don't know what any of you do anymore aside from Gaz.  Nobody seems to be doing the CAW Overalls, graphics, or making decisions or anything else.  It seems that all you do is post the cards each week when it's your turn, not really caring about what the match results are or what happens in promos or feuds.  I know admins were guilty of skimming and barely reading anything when I was one as it was admitted several times, and I don't think that trend has changed at all.  Booking also seems to be a disaster right now.

I think the Championships are fine, but I think recently the IC/US titles have become more valuable due to promo and match quality.  
The World title has been passed around a lot and I haven't found the promos to be as gripping or entertaining as they should be.  I preferred Liam's Miz and Seme's Del Rio before the title scene, they were just better back then.  I think the World title scene should have the best promos and players in the league but this doesn't seem to be the case any longer.  
MITB - it's obvious to me right now that Ted is cashing in for Final Stand because there's no way he'll cash in at the next PPV or on a regular show and the deadline is Final Stand since there'll be another MITB match there.  The whole mystery about when he's cashing in is so obvious to me it's completely killed any kind of impact that it should have had for me (oops spoilers).  I also don't think it's fair he can be assured the most-wanted spot of the entire year either, but what can you do. At least if he wins there'll be promos every week.
Divas title is always decent, and I enjoy being in the division.  It's a shame my last reign ended the way it did and was allowed to stand, it really made me look at XWL in a different light match-wise too.
I'm ok with the contender matches and would like to see more for the titles which currently don't have them (world and divas).  Multi-man contender matches would be interesting.
Not a fan of champions not defending at PPVs.  It seems dumb.  We're not a real wrestling company so PPVs should be special and title matches help them to be that.

As I mentioned above, I don't think the World title scene has been "right" for a while now.  See above for an explanation.  I think Seme has what it takes to be much better than he is, I just don't know why I feel he's holding back, it's also questionable that he is the best player in the league (which is what the title should mean as well as awesome promos) although admittedly I haven't faced him on 2K14 so it's based solely on experiences with him on '13.  Maybe it's just me being a dick.  Gaz as Shawn has been amazing since he picked him up so I have no issues there with him as IC champ.  He's been the saving grace in my HHH promos for a while as I feel like my promo quality has declined but I can always rely on him to bring it back up to a great level in our co-promos as DX.  Match-wise, on his day he can be second to none.  Bang as US champ is also great.  I feel his promos are underrated and are easily some of the best each week.  He's also pretty damn good in the game.  David as Divas champ is a given, nobody is more consistent than he is in promos but this current reign is sour for me for the way my own ended.  Maybe I shouldn't take it so seriously but the way it was allowed to stand was upsetting.  I can't help but feel if it was the other way around it'd be different.  David is deserving based on promos, less so on in-game stuff having lost much more than he has won this year.  
What does being a champion mean?  I figured you'd need to pick up wins and promo a lot... but I guess not.  It seems completely random.  And people feel the need to point out I was undeserving as US Champ after going undefeated for 3 months before my shot and promoing every week.  Thanks.

The logical choice would be someone doing well that particular month, doing promos and matches consistently but it seems completely random right now.

I think you needed to post that thread because a lot of people probably feel negative about doing stuff for XWL because it doesn't seem to matter anyway.  By posting that "yes, your stuff does matter" has somehow revitalized some people, but I don't think much will change going forward.  You could promo every week and do your match every week, and still be overlooked.

Maybe try enforcing the rules.  Outside of a handful of people, everyone else breaks them and it feels like nothing can be done about it.

A fair and fun match regardless of the outcome.  Card matches don't feel like this anymore though.  Matches don't even matter anymore... so I actually have no feeling on this.  It's more of a "get your weekly match over and done with" kind of deal unless it's the continuation/culmination of a feud.

Just playing more matches for "fun" outside of cards would be nice.  But hardly anyone seems to want to do them anymore.

I'd make it so we are paid to be a part of XWL because it feels like a job at times.

Everyone deserves a second chance.  But what I can't stand is abusing loopholes in the rules or systems (submission finishers to win is allowed, admin-approved abuse, abusal of the breaks rule etc.).

I'm sorry if the above is upsetting or annoying to anyone... it's probably the most negative survey I've done.  But these are my honest thoughts on XWL right now.  Thanks for reading. :hhh 

Last edited by SinAndBonez on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Pretty much the promos right now, DX especially fun and I thank Red for that because I honestly don't know what I'd have done over past few months without DX since nearly all my feuds have failed.

I hate that matches pretty much still mean nothing, I said it before and It's a league for a game yet the game seems to mean nothing. For example there's people who don't ever get their matches done that stay in the league when they shouldn't be, people who still don't have the game (Jon<3). I honestly think winning matches should be a thing too, everything is based on just promos but as a wrestling league the outcomes of matches should effect things.

I don't mind either way, whichever works.

Well being admin I know what goes on and honestly, sometimes it's a huge mess. Between all admins it seems a competition to see who can do as little as possible, so either there's too many admins for the work that needs to be done, or none of us are just doing what we should be. For a start, Seme is hardly ever around for admin chats, then the times he is it seems like he just pops up to agree with David, It's happened many times in the past where Seme pops up after David has voted and Seme just says same as David, I don't know if its coincidence at this point. Also alot of the chats he's online but never responds, it isn't just Seme guilty of that so he could be doing other things but it happens too much, Skype has an away function.

The roster seems to be more up-to date recently, which is good considering at points it got into a mess, which hopefully now most admins can make the roster pics, it won't get as bad in the future.I also hate the times Austin has gone "offline" when a chat is going or after getting asked to do something.

and Finally, sometimes some of the suggestions and things brought forward seem illogical and dragged from nowhere but I guess that's the fault when when we have admins who admit to not reading most of the stuff posted, I don't get how we can make good choices for title contenders etc that way

I don't mind the idea of contender feuds as It gives people a chance to build more towards a title shot, but at the same time It's bad that even has to happen. I'd like to see more multiman matches for titles and contenders, Can't do it anymore but I'm sad we never got a scramble for a championship. The title's seem to follow a same pattern a lot and hopefully that's starting to change, I personally wouldn't mind defending in multiman matches if I still have the title after FS or even at FS if it worked that way.

World Title - Seme promo's consistently and well, I think the feud with Liam was bellow par for World Championship standard, but things like Liam's laptop breaking didn't help that. I also hate how for the past few months the championship has been passed around and infact XX was the first time it was successfully defended in quite some time, if I remember correctly. Hopefully that changes soon be it with Seme or Doug.

US Title - Bang is a good champion, when he promos his promo's are always great and enjoyable to read, I understand his frustration on being a champion but still having no feud and I think if Bang gets a good feud out of the contender matches, He'll show people that think otherwise, that he's a good champion.

Divas - I'm with Red on the part of I hate how David's reign started/Red's Reign ended but it happened and nothing can be changed now. It's no secret the diva division as a whole is lacking so I think it's clear to everyone that David is probably the best choice for Divas Champion currently based on Promos, as he promo's weekly no matter what, and I'm sure the title picture will get better going into FS as Austin and Doug both promo well and the LAyla vs Kaitlyn/Paige feud will be good for the title.

MITB - Once again Red is right, It's obvious when Ted is cashing in, and as admins know I was against that been allowed for the same reasons Red said. I still feel the same way and if David does cash in at FS then I won't be happy it was allowed but it was approved by other admins, but should David cash in at FS and be successful, I'm sure he'll be a great champion.

I think it should be someone doing promos and doing matches consistently and doing them well. Sometimes I don't the superstar on the poster was picked based on that, but was picked based on the person playing as that superstar. I wouldn't mind the members of a feud going on a poster if it fits, if the feud is active and doing good stuff every week then there's no reason why not.

Well, It's bad that the thread had to made to begin with. But there wasn't many people promoing weekly and there's some people now who are doing that and doing the promos well. Hopefully it stays that way. I'm honestly not sure what can be done to prevent it, apart from giving more chances and title shots etc. Like I said earlier if there's multiple people then give them both a title chance and do a triple threat for the title, or even a fatal four way.

Well for a start, I think we need to make sure they're actually implemented more. Things like Admin Approved, it's obviously lacking as there's still AA guys wasted by people who just promo every 3 weeks to keep them, or still every other week, which says to me it isn't doing what it was supposed to do.

Match rules, once again need to be implemented. There's still members who delay in chain grapples even though we made it a rule not to, as it's not needed this year. But I don't know if anything is ever done about that. It becomes annoying as hell when it happens so I think stuff needs to be done to keep the rules in line.

I'd much rather have a fun match and most matches I have are fun, even if people want to win the matches can be fun. It only becomes not fun when people are obviously trying really hard to win by not backing of after fins etc. Sometimes I won't end on my 3rd fin if I know the other person will be the same, my recent matches with likes of Krzy and Doug have been fun and matches that didn't get ended on the 3rd fin.

But at the time I think some people expect people to allow them to hit moves, finishers atm. I know David wasn't happy in past at Dolph vs Ted with me and then at Red for AJ vs Layla match. For different reasons but for reasons I couldn't quite understand.

I liked the PPV awards but having to nag people to vote shouldn't be how it is, if People wanted the awards and cared then they'd vote without being asked, a few people did but not many which made it pointless, if people don't care to vote then they clearly don't want the awards anyway.

Krzy brought up some rankings via points before, and I'd like to see them actually be used and posted. It can't be biased because it's points based on matches, doing promos etc. I think Rankings is something people ask for a lot and the points way is the best way of doing it with it been biased.

As I've mentioned further up, It'd be matches. LAst survey it was said they'd mean more and I honestly don't see anything different. If someone is undefeated and promos weekly, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't get a title shot. I know people think using winning as a factor would encourage try hards but end of the day, it's a wrestling league and winning should matter.

David mentioned earlier some admins was against some people getting title shots because of their past and I'm not going to lie, I'm one of them.

I don't think that someone who has a history of been unreliable and not doing promos, should be someone we're looking at giving a title chance to just because they do a couple of promo's. Especially when it's recently they was unreliable and not doing promos. I think a person who's had that history should prove they're going to be consistent before anyting is given to them

Not that I can think of.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Just wanna thank everyone that's posted thus far for their incredible honesty. The only way to fix something is to throw it all out there and do something about it. Blindly bitching behind the scenes, holding grudges, or being pissed about something some don't know about will only ruin the experience even more. So hopefully as the honesty continues to be spread in this Survey we can work out a lot of the issues more than we have in the past.
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:43 pm

We do have a great group of members. Some leagues are full of people who aren’t necessarily the brightest. Some are full of the stereotypical “internet people” or “keyboard warriors”, or for lack of a better term dicks. But this league has an array of different types of people, all of whom are easy to converse with in an intelligent manner, yet we’re not too serious and are not afraid of making a poop joke every once in a while ( for instance Z’s gif on MSN D: ). So yeah, the quality of members is my favorite part of the league.

Like I just said up there ^, the members are my favorite part of the league. Although as of late I’ve only been talking to a handful of people, and a small handful at that, like a babies handful, only one hand not both... That being said, my least to favorite part is the lack of community. Back when the chat was on the site I’d be talking to everyone at once. It made it easier to get to know members that I otherwise wouldn’t, which in turn made it easier to find feuds and gave me more of a reason to be on the site. Now we use Skype and the site chat can be compared to The Saviors of Society (You’re Welcome), a thing of the past.

Okay, so how do we fix this? Well the idea that would probably come to most people’s mind would be to make the site chat more active, change it up, maybe make it an XAT chat since you can do private and league messaging all in one page. However that’s been brought up before I think, so here’s a new idea.. David could make a group chat on Skype and invite everyone who’s put their name on the group skype list. Skype is free, easy to get, if you want to be a part of the league community chat, then you have to put the effort into getting Skype, not so much to ask right? I think that way there will be more of a sense of community and it would give people the option to do chats with specific people at the same time as well. Only problem is that Skype does all those notifications. But we choose to use it as the league’s main way of communication so I guess that would have to be the price we’d have to pay lol. Also the group chat I think would make it easier to get matches done! Fixing another problem.

Either one or two. I can do storyline/promo stuff as my character who isn’t booked that I wouldn’t be able to do if he had a match earlier/later that night.

Well the fact that I had to go and check the site to see who the admins were now is a bad start lol, probably my fault for not being around all that often, however I do check the site every day multiple times a day, it just feels hard to stay in the loop without the sense of community, but I talked about that earlier. Anyways let’s see… First there’s David. I’ve never had any problems with you, you’re always around whenever I have a league question, always friendly, easy to go to, and it’s clear that you care about the league and are willing to put in the time and effort to see it succeed as it has. Then there’s Gaz, also easy to get a hold of, you were always my go to admin for my more out there ideas since you always were open minded (though now I go to Krzy since no one’s as willing to think outside the box as he is), you’re willing to speak your mind about the league even if it’s not positive yet willing to put the effort into fixing the problems you see, all in all I think Gaz is a great admin, good way to balance out the team. Uhmm, who’s next, ah, Austin, my role model, going from constant switcher to former World Champ and admin, maybe one day I’ll follow in your footsteps  </3. Anyways yeah, Austin, you’ve always been honest about the league, willing to tell it how it is. It’s clear that you’re willing put work in for this league, so yeah, Austin for admin was a great idea. Krzy. You have defiantly been the person I go to for admin stuff now since you’re the perfect mix of responsible and fun lol. You’re reliable about doing what you say you’re going to do, and just like the rest of the admin team it’s clear that you’re willing to put in work for the league. And Seme. Honestly I don’t really know much about your time as an admin, you can go back to the whole lack of community/being kept out of the loop stuff I was talking about earlier to see why. I’ve only talked to you a handful of times but when I have you’ve always been nice.  All in all you have a nice balance of open mindedness, creativity, responsibility, and willingness to work hard, the potential for a great admin team.

Okay. So now that you all think that I’m a total ass kisser, it’s time for the negative. It seems like communication between admins and the community as a whole (not just admins and certain members that they are friends with) is lacking. I think that the new thingy on the site that lets you know who the admins are and how to pm them is cool, but it would be even cooler if they were not only easy to reach, but if the new members could feel comfortable talking to them. Go back up to the whole chat thingy ^^^ to see a possible fix to this situation.. Also, it would be nice to know what the admins were doing/thinking. I mean I get it, you don’t want to lets us know spoilers and stuff, but you’re admins because David created the site and he picked you. It’s not because you have some special power over anyone else or anything like that. We’re all still equals, or at least we should be. The admins put the work into not only promoing and doing matches, but also making the site run, which is not easy, so they get rewarded with the ability to make decisions for the league, not the power to look down upon members or think of themselves better than any member. I’m just saying, it seems like the admins (not all of them, aka not Krzy or Seme from what I’ve seen) are all secretive and “above” us, it’d be nice to be able to think that us members could have input in the league other than surveys FOR the admins, or private chats with the admins.

I don’t know about doing it from time to time, but I actually like what you’re doing with the US and IC title. Putting emphasis on the match for Final Stand. Given it would have made a little more sense if the champions have been around for a little longer as champions (like if Jomo was still champion) that way it would be like, who can beat Jomo? Lets have a contender match. Or if DX was still champs maybe cause then they could make some storyline out of it. This is a little random, but the idea itself is nice.
The World Title scene is great as of the recent past. New faces like The Miz and Del Rio? More importantly new members like Liam and Seme? Great! US and IC title contenders have been getting harder and harder for the champion which is good, though it might start getting harder for new members to get a title. This could be solved in two ways, either make one for the almost world title contenders or former world title contenders who never made it or need a push before getting to the World scene, and one for the actual mid carders. For instance have people like, EY, The Ryback, Devitt, Kenny King, Rollins, Big E, Sheamus, Stone Cold, Wade, and others be going for the US title. While people like Triple H, and others who have been in the World Picture as other characters in the past but haven’t been that specific person long enough to be considered in the World Title picture but consistently do matches and promos as their person can compete with people who are good enough for the World Title but aren’t in the scene at the time like Punk, Sangriento, Joey Ryan, HBK, Cesaro, Ambrose, and others for the IC Title.

The other way of course would be to bring back the X-Treme Title, but you all seem to be pretty off of that idea as an admin team. However, in a league that I was in like 2 years ago that died like 2 years ago they did something called the 24/7 Title. Where basically you make a thread and do say a 4-6 man match to determine the first champion. Then after that the rules would be whoever is the champion must defend their title at least once every (you decide) days otherwise he forfeits it. No rematch clause since it would be just for fun, just a reason for people to A) Get to know each other, make more of a community. B) Practice as their characters in more matches that have some meaning behind them, maybe making for better spots and fair play in actual league matches. Just a thought.

Maybe 2 weeks before the PPV have the admins pick their favorite feud, champion, and superstar (trying not to compete each month) and have the members vote out of the three choices which one should be on for that month. That way ya’ll have a week and a half to do the poster and no complaints about it being bias because we voted.

I think that if the members as a whole were talking more and more of a community, on the site more, and just more active in general there would be more activity, more people talking about the storylines and in turn more reason to promo. I personally have been promoing almost every week since I joined. Just been having trouble getting matches done, especially as of late, which I’m going to work on!!

Also like Bang and I think Stay were saying, changing the day of the match cards would be nice. Friday would be a great idea because then people can get everything done on the weekends, and then use the week to do catch up. That way matches can get done easier and promos as well!
What about a member/superstar of the week?? Every Sunday or Monday the admins post their top three member/superstar of the week and why they feel that way about the people, then we vote. That way we see if the admins are taking notice of us, and if the other members like what we’re doing.

You could also have for the card, 3 matches have a sentence or two saying why they are facing one another. Like “rivalry matches” or the almost Main Event matches. Then do the same for the Main Event. That way people can try to work to get to the top of the card. Maybe even for one of those three matches you could have one of them be a specialty match. Like a high flyers match, or strong man match, or big man match. You’d take one superstar, like say Goldberg for a big man match, and have three choices (like Digital Decision) say, The Ryback, Big Show, and Batista. Have the members vote and the two who don’t get voted face one another. Could make for some interesting storylines and stuff. Like Raw Active.

Lastly, I think that having rankings might help people know they are getting noticed and give them a reason to try to move forward. I know you didn’t like the rankings that we used to have. But what if instead of ranking everyone, you put everyone in categories based on the titles like before, and have the order be random except for the top three? That way people can see if their moving up in pecking order as far as Mid Card (US), Upper Midcard (IC), and Main Event (World) goes (maybe having only three be in World, the two competing and the possible next up, the rest in IC).

I want to win matches. Not going to lie. I’m The Ryback and Brock Lesnar, anything other than dominant makes promos hard lol. But just because I want to win doesn’t mean that I’m going to play unfairly to do so. The ideal situation would be having a hard fought, realistic match, that looks realistic. Do top rope spots, try to reverse instead of run away, run the ropes before a running move, make taunts realistic, play the part of a heel or face, ect. So yeah, I go into the match hoping to come out victorious, but I’d rather lose the match then win and have my opponent be upset. I guess my goal would to be walking out with the win yet having my opponent want to face me again even though he lost. I’ve been on the other end of that stick a lot with people like David, Adam, and Krzy, where I lose but enjoyed the match so much that I wanted to play them again regardless of the outcome.

I think it’d be cool to have a “match of the week”. Where we vote on the most realistic match. Though that’d mean watching every match and that’d be too much. So maybe a spot of the week? Maybe have three spots (youtube link that goes to a specific point in the match) and vote? Idk.

The lack of community. It was so much fun in the past </3

Please forgive my switches!! I promo every week!!!
But yeah. I mean it depends on the situation. If someone was trying to like, hack the site, or spamming it, or doing something to hurt another member, then that’s one thing. But switching, abruptly leaving without an unnecessary scene, or lacking promo consistency isn’t something that someone does to try to get at you, so no need to try to get at them. That being said, as far as opportunities go it really depends on the person. If you truly think that someone has changed, then give them the shot, if not, then wait until they change your mind.
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Just read Gaz's survey. It seems like the admins don't all read the whole show yet still decide contender stuff. Maybe you could split up the work? Have some admins in charge of World and IC rankings, some US and Divas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   XWL Survey 2014 Edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Survey 2014 Edition
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next