Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Who's getting the Xbox One and when?

Go down 
+14
#NOTSEME
Kyle
TheFilthParade
Bang
ragnioth
Zack
T-Roll
P.R Son
Adam
Zander
Austin
Dash
Jonguin
Pats
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pats
Mid Card

Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

My friend did the best thing ever and preordered it for me and AVG. So I know eventually we're all going to get One (get it?) Who's getting it for Christmas??
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Fn wrote:
SinAndBonez wrote:
Fn wrote:
Austin wrote:
Bang wrote:
Jonguin wrote:
Let's not forget the sham of how you can't play used games without a fee.

That's not confirmed though.

What did they mean by this? I've heard people say this but would this mean like each disk would have like a specific code assigned to them like a points card would? Was wondering that
Essentially yes. Each game is gonna come with a one time activiation code to "register" it to your system. Anyone who plays on that system is fine to play whatever they want. However if someone borrows a game and puts it in their xbox it's supposed to not let them play it. Unless they want to pay a one time fee. Per game. The price of the fee is what everyone is curious about. I've seen some say it's a small amount like 10$ which is basically the price we pay (those who buy it used) to play '13 online anyway. Compared to others claiming the fee is the price of a retail game set at 60 per game. :| This is what we need clarification on. How much is the fee.

I can see where the games companies are coming from with this because they'll get more sales of their games this way. If you buy a used game they don't see any of that cash. If they get more money they can use that to make the games better etc.

Personally, I'm fine with this as most of the games I buy are new anyway. And I fucking hate scratched discs...so much. I have disc OCD.
Oh I am fine with it too. To a point anyway. My main point being is from the way they make it sound, I thought that if you sign into your profile on another console, you'd have to pay to play the game from there. Being that even though it attaches to your profile, it's mainly through the console, to which I'm saying I don't like the idea of paying upwards of the full retail game. IF I already bought it but can only primarily play it on one console. Otherwise I'd have to technically "rebuy it" and that's what worries me. I wouldn't mind paying it but I shouldn't have to because it should recognize that my account bought it. Not my Xbox itself. That's why I hope if there's a fee it's not the retail price of a game we have now.

I was under the impression it's logged on this amazing Cloud they keep talking about and you can play it on any console as long as your profile is on it. I'm guessing you can only have your profile on one console at a time as a result?

It seems like we'll just have to wait until at least E3 for more details.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:21 pm

SinAndBonez wrote:
Fn wrote:

Oh I am fine with it too. To a point anyway. My main point being is from the way they make it sound, I thought that if you sign into your profile on another console, you'd have to pay to play the game from there. Being that even though it attaches to your profile, it's mainly through the console, to which I'm saying I don't like the idea of paying upwards of the full retail game. IF I already bought it but can only primarily play it on one console. Otherwise I'd have to technically "rebuy it" and that's what worries me. I wouldn't mind paying it but I shouldn't have to because it should recognize that my account bought it. Not my Xbox itself. That's why I hope if there's a fee it's not the retail price of a game we have now.

I was under the impression it's logged on this amazing Cloud they keep talking about and you can play it on any console as long as your profile is on it. I'm guessing you can only have your profile on one console at a time as a result?

It seems like we'll just have to wait until at least E3 for more details.
See I'm not sure either. From the way I took it, when you install a game and put in the code, it registers it to that Xbox mainly, but also the profile. Which is why they said if you have your profile on the consoles you're fine. As you just log in and play that way. My point being though, with all this talk about if you have your profile on other consoles, why couldn't they attach it to the profiles then instead of the consoles.

As if you don't have your profile on the console you're playing on, and don't have the option to download it/log in that way, you'd essentially be forced to pay a fee. It's a bit weird though because they say all that but then go on saying that any profile on the console that bought the game can play it. So it's like they're trying to cancel each other out. We need more clarification badly lol. Like you said it looks like we'll just have to wait for more information around E3 in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
https://xwlleague.forumotion.com
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:24 pm

#SEME wrote:
Something was said about registering each game to your profile.

Ugh, if they make us pay for that then I'm definitely going with a PS4. That's just fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Zack wrote:
Ugh, if they make us pay for that then I'm definitely going with a PS4. That's just fucking stupid.

Well with some games now its like that already, EA Games are the first to come to mind besides WWE. To me it really doesn't matter because I usually wait to get a used game till even adding $10 is still cheaper then getting it new. And if this is true then maybe GameStop and stores like that will compensate by slightly lowering their prices for used games but also giving less $$$ for trade ins.
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:22 pm

SinAndBonez wrote:
Fn wrote:
Austin wrote:
Bang wrote:
Jonguin wrote:
Let's not forget the sham of how you can't play used games without a fee.

That's not confirmed though.

What did they mean by this? I've heard people say this but would this mean like each disk would have like a specific code assigned to them like a points card would? Was wondering that
Essentially yes. Each game is gonna come with a one time activiation code to "register" it to your system. Anyone who plays on that system is fine to play whatever they want. However if someone borrows a game and puts it in their xbox it's supposed to not let them play it. Unless they want to pay a one time fee. Per game. The price of the fee is what everyone is curious about. I've seen some say it's a small amount like 10$ which is basically the price we pay (those who buy it used) to play '13 online anyway. Compared to others claiming the fee is the price of a retail game set at 60 per game. :| This is what we need clarification on. How much is the fee.

I can see where the games companies are coming from with this because they'll get more sales of their games this way. If you buy a used game they don't see any of that cash. If they get more money they can use that to make the games better etc.

Personally, I'm fine with this as most of the games I buy are new anyway. And I fucking hate scratched discs...so much. I have disc OCD.

Back to top Go down
@ baby bear
New Talent

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:01 am

Release day.
Back to top Go down
Sex Ferguson
Mid Card
Sex Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:52 pm

I'm getting the PS4 rather than the new Xbox One.

-Click here for reason I'm not getting the Xbox One.-

So yeah... looks like I'll be in search of a PS-WWE league soon.

Batista Happy
Back to top Go down
Pats
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Oreo wrote:

Batista Happy

Honestly we've been spyed on for years anyway with Google Earth, cameras literally everywhere in streetlights, as long as the government doesn't bust in my house and go all NWO on us I don't care. Who knows Xbox might actually make something amazing if they hear my voice
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:40 pm

Pats wrote:
Oreo wrote:

Batista Happy

Honestly we've been spyed on for years anyway with Google Earth, cameras literally everywhere in streetlights, as long as the government doesn't bust in my house and go all NWO on us I don't care. Who knows Xbox might actually make something amazing if they hear my voice

I don't know how much of that is true, but if you see a corporation can detect your heart beat, emotions, facial expressions while being able to listen to every single thing you say and be pefectly fine with it... that's a problem.
Back to top Go down
Pats
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Jonguin wrote:
Pats wrote:
Oreo wrote:

Batista Happy

I don't know how much of that is true, but if you see a corporation can detect your heart beat, emotions, facial expressions while being able to listen to every single thing you say and be pefectly fine with it... that's a problem.

I don't WANT to be spyed on but eventually every corporation will find a way to do it anyway so I'm not about to go all Will Smith on them when my life is fine the way it is
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:47 pm

It's hilarious that you actually think that, considering Microsoft filed to do this years ago to stop people from using Xbox's for mass film showings and such.

Besides, with Eyetoy for Playstation, Webcams for laptops and computers, Mobile Phones with their multiple cameras, the likely hood of being spied on is way more likely via your phone or computer.

Unless the government spying is your problem, then in that case I'd suggest not keeping your Xbox One and WMD's in the same room.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Bang wrote:
It's hilarious that you actually think that, considering Microsoft filed to do this years ago to stop people from using Xbox's for mass film showings and such.

Besides, with Eyetoy for Playstation, Webcams for laptops and computers, Mobile Phones with their multiple cameras, the likely hood of being spied on is way more likely via your phone or computer.

Unless the government spying is your problem, then in that case I'd suggest not keeping your Xbox One and WMD's in the same room.

Pretty much this, that being said if it is found out that they are spyng on you enjoy the compensation.
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:56 pm

If they do spy on us I'm jerking off into the camera every night until they stop.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:58 pm

Jonguin wrote:
If they do spy on us I'm jerking off into the camera every night until they stop.

Just like the good old days, with the original dashboard when everyone threatened on file a compliant for sending nude pictures of themselves via XBL Vision cam for spawn killing on GRAW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 5:18 pm

I don't see how it can be on even if the console is off if there's no power running through it. I don't know if I'm the only one that does this but I unplug the console whenever I stop using it too, as otherwise the power brick continually has power going through it.

Maybe try unplugging it? If they really are watching you, do you have something to hide?
Back to top Go down
Sex Ferguson
Mid Card
Sex Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 pm

SinAndBonez wrote:
If they really are watching you, do you have something to hide?

...maybe. plain mischief:
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Simple Solution: Put something in front of the camera. I don't have anything to hide, but that kinda does make me feel weird that someone could be watching me.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Maybe the kinect thing will finally reveal that Sammi's a guy
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:38 pm

Changes to the Xbox One:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Essentially these are the three big points:

- Used games will work as the do now with the 360.

-The once every 24 hour connection rule has been removed, after a one time system connect/set-up you never have to be connected again.

- You can buy games on release date of the marketplace.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:00 pm

That's much better. Now if only it was backwards compatible </3.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:31 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:

Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Hug-good
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 7:34 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Yeah Sad
Back to top Go down
Twiztid
Mid Card
Twiztid

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 8:26 pm

i will be hopefully getting one
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 8:32 pm

I liked the idea of having a Shared Games library Sad
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Main Eventer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:20 am

Bang wrote:
I liked the idea of having a Shared Games library Sad
So did I. Wish they would've at least kept that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's getting the Xbox One and when?   Who's getting the Xbox One and when? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's getting the Xbox One and when?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2