Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

Thoughts on this?

Go down 
+6
Austin
#NOTSEME
P.R Son
Bronzeh
Shug
Jonguin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonguin
Main Eventer

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:52 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110411/us_yblog_thelookout/chicago-school-bans-homemade-lunches-the-latest-in-national-food-fight

I'd like to have a serious talk here for once, now what do you all think of this?
Back to top Go down

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:04 pm

I'm all about personal choice so I don't think its right, I think we should have less government control as possible

Last edited by CDUB on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:09 pm

I would like to see someone stopping the fat kid from eating his packed lunch.
Back to top Go down

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:11 pm

Shuggz wrote:

Lol tru
Back to top Go down
Bronzeh
Mid Card
Bronzeh

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Shuggz wrote:

For reals though, I think they should be allowed their own choice.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Shuggz wrote:

This lol. It's hilarious though how the goverment is trying to tell parents how to raise their children. I know what is served at school lunches as im sure we all do and there is nothing healthy about it! God I can't think of how many times we've had sloppy joes, pizza, tacos and everything. None of that is healthy. A sandwich with like apple crisps like most parents seem to be packing now a days is much better. Ban the vending machines don't ban food brought from home...Besides did they ever think kids will refuse to eat it? When they get home they will just eat that much more snacks and whatnot until dinner which is even worse...

Nice to have a serious discussion for once.

mischief
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:41 pm

E/T wrote:
Shuggz wrote:

This lol. It's hilarious though how the goverment is trying to tell parents how to raise their children. I know what is served at school lunches as im sure we all do and there is nothing healthy about it! God I can't think of how many times we've had sloppy joes, pizza, tacos and everything. None of that is healthy. A sandwich with like apple crisps like most parents seem to be packing now a days is much better. Ban the vending machines don't ban food brought from home...Besides did they ever think kids will refuse to eat it? When they get home they will just eat that much more snacks and whatnot until dinner which is even worse...

Nice to have a serious discussion for once.

mischief

I would have killed someone if they took away my vending machines. Agreed though, kids these days would refuse to eat lunch and the school would have hungry kids on their hands, and that is one HUGE problem.
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:13 pm

I find this extremely off. From my school lunches, they are extremely unhealthy compared to what I would bring from home. They have greased covered pizza, cheese sticks, egg rolls and chicken sandwiches everyday and then the main lunch. It stupid
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Well, my moms cooking is shit so I always buy lunch but yeah, seems wrong that they are making people buy stuff from school instead of bringing it in.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:20 pm

My old school tried to do stuff like this, but whatever they tried t change we'd still do whatever we wanted. The kids will be going down the shops at lunch instead, or smuggling in candy bars on the sly instead now.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Main Eventer
Zander

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:30 pm

Near everyone at my school goes to the shops at lunch, most people go to the chip shop or greggs and i go to a dairy. Only people who use the cafeteria are the 1st years who are scared of us seniors lol
Back to top Go down

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:03 pm

I think what it is, is that who ever brought this idea up more than likely has a weight issue, So instead of saying this is my fault I should make better eating choices, they are saying its cause of what I was fed in school its not my fault!
Back to top Go down
ThatStrange1
Jobber
ThatStrange1

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:30 am

My school is actually in talks about the same thing. My HIGH school. Can you believe that? My high school easily has some of the worst food I've ever seen in my life, from the stale "dinner rolls", to the oatmeal grits we still can barely identify, and I'll never forget the day we got Pizza with a huge spot of mold on the bottom of it. Living in the projects myself, I can't afford the greasy pizza they sell to us for 2 bucks a slice, nor the vending machines selling small bags of chips for one whole dollar. So the only option I've had is starving myself, which despite popular belief, is actually horrible for trying to get into shape and is also horrible for being a young teen trying to get through a whole day of 4 classes. I've never thought of bringing my own lunches but I know plenty of kids who do and should continue to do so if they so choose damn it, hell, my whole amateur wrestling team brings their own lunch and they are all in great shape (many of them went to the finals this year as a matter of fact)

With this, the cut of electives (they cut about 20 classes for next year in my school), and the current plan in Florida to wager a teacher's pay on how their kids are doing in class which is forcing many teachers who are excellent at their job to quit, the E.O.C (end of course) exams they have now which forces kids to get an 80% or higher on some STATE test in every academic class (english, history, math, science) or else they fail the class all together...I mean, what creativity are these kids being raised with? It seems they're being made to all be obedient drones with little to no imagination. I can't say I see much going for America's education for youths.

Of course, that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ash
Upper Mid Card

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:47 am

Well we have about 10 vending machines, the college restaurant which serves crap xP a McDonalds and a subway so I dont really think my college cares about it like this school, dont really see how they think they can tell parents how to get their own kids healthier though :/
Back to top Go down

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:54 am

colleges are on a whole different system
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this?   Thoughts on this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on this?
Page 1 of 1