Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]

Go down 
+7
LazyEye513
Oreo
T-Roll
Pringle96
P1
Qverset
P.R Son
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: [[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]    [[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 5:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 P0hmQCw

LIVE FROM: Bell MTS Place in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
ARENA FOR MATCHES: LA Hall

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 YM62AXV

Notes From The General Manager's Office:

"Ever since Final Stand Tomasso Ciampa has been making waves as he targeted the always brash and unapologetic Kevin Owens. But while he's had his "breakout" moment...the same is no longer being said about Seth Rollins. At one time he was tearing it up with Jon Moxley...but that rivalry clearly took quite a toll on him. So my hope is that facing someone very hungry and fired up...will reignite that flame of Seth Rollins and he'll be able to "burn it down" once again. "

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 PU4WVTG

"For well over 400 days Natalya's been kept away from her very livelihood...all because of the actions of an unknown Woman that delivered a calculating assault to her last year the night after Final Stand. Since then she's had to recover from a broken neck, a broken heart...and a shattered spirit. Not knowing if she'd ever find her way back into the ring, but tonight while I survey the building for any signs of this "mystery attacker" she's able to cut back relax and enjoy the fruits of her labor by competing in her first match in almost 14 months. And who better to be her opponent than someone who's looked up to and supported her all throughout their days in XWL? Bayley's hug life is back in XWL and what better moment for both of them could there be than to allow their returns to coincide with one another as they remind us what a classic battle of respect looks like?"

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 UkdJsu0

"After years removed from their classic rivalry, AJ Styles & Brock Lesnar have reignited that old flame with one another and all that stands in the way of seeing them go one on one once again at Dead Man's Hand? Is the outcome of one match. Brock Lesnar returns to the ring tonight to face AJ's "good brothers." Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson are the only obstacles in the way of Brock bringing The Phenomenal One back to Suplex City...well, that and the outcome of your vote. Will both members of The O.C be in the ring at the same time as they look to take down The Beast? Will they have to tag in and out? Or will they have to do the seemingly impossible and be forced to try and tap....or knockout The Beast Incarnate? From the outside, this match may look troublesome for The O.C...given their opposition but as we remind ourselves night after night in XWL...anything can happen.  "

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 I0qw8fV

"Let this be a life lesson, this is why you don't take free candy from strangers. Just replace “free candy” with a spot in the North American Number One Contender's Tournament and “strangers” with Britt Baker, DMD and you got yourself the premise of this match. When I saw Britt's impressive outing at Final Stand as the last challenger to Alexa and Kairi's North American Championship, I pondered the thought of giving Miss Baker, along with Io Shirai, another opportunity at the North American Championship. The caveat, however, was that they would be inserted into tournament with two equally deserving women and the winner would face Kairi Sane for her treasure at Dead Man's Hand. Like a lot of things in life, this didn't fully go according to plan as Britt decided that she would rather throw an unsuspecting Maryse towards the proverbial wolf that is Shayna Baszler and save her skin, which for better or worse wasn't a bad option, but one that left a sour taste in my mouth and I would assume Maryse's as well, if she could taste anything after the beating she received from The Queen of Spades. And if that loss wasn't enough, Britt decided that the cherry on top of her masterfully executed plan would be to plant a semi conscious Maryse into the canvas one final time. So tonight, I'm giving Maryse a chance to get even with everybody's favorite role model in one of three matches chosen by you, the XWL Universe. Their fate is now in your hands."

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 PPIDcdo

"It's no secret how big of a star AJ Styles is world wide, much less inside of XWL. A former World Champion, a former Intercontinental Champion and now a returning star on High Octane. That is why I found it fitting to give people the chance to choose between two other returning superstars to XWL. One of which being the Charismatic Enigma, Jeff Hardy. This would be his chance to step into the light, as he promised to do and what a better way than against one of the best? There is also Aleister Black, who is known for his hard hitting style and dark aura. The dude is a badass, honestly. We also have the choice of pitting all three in the same ring, at the same time. The choice, is yours."

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 5QIJRHF

"Roman Reigns has been on a roll since his return last month, declaring himself "next" for Goldberg, and then even defeating him on the grandest stage of them all. He's developed quite the bravado since attaining that victory, and while he did beat Goldberg...can he defeat everyone in this series and launch himself into The Intercontinental conversation? As for Finn Balor? That match with Randy Orton last week left all of us wanting more and that's the kind of performers you want involved in something like this. He's someone that can find a way to take-down an opponent of any size, and that'll be a major asset to him over these next 2 months. Both Superstars have been absent from any title scene for quite a while and with their renewed focus as they reestablish themselves following their returns? This series could very well bring them back to their glory days, and...even higher than that."

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 LmGO13B

"You can't throw Roman Reigns in this and NOT have Goldberg included as well. Their rivalry has been explosive from the jump, and their inclusion not only takes their rivalry to the next level, it adds the hype that something like this needs by knowing that their eventual rematch is guaranteed...the question is what will they experience along the way before and AFTER that rematch? Ilja is a Superstar I introduced on the very first Octane to the entire world. He's faced a lot of setbacks since that night but through those setbacks? He's not given up, he's let them motivate him, even pulling off one hell of an upset when he was able to defeat a former World Heavyweight Champion in Daniel Bryan. Part of being a challenger and a Champion? Is having that nerve to believe you're the best even when it's proven otherwise. Honestly the moment he delivered the sickest headbutt I've ever seen to Daniel Bryan last month? I knew my investment had paid off and I'm excited to see what he brings to this. Will the "past" or "future" move forward in the present as both Superstars look to soon claim their first titles in XWL?"

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 S3j8k4S

"It's been an interesting journey for TCSI since the Tag-Team division was dissolved so I feel like I owe them one. I hated having to end their incredible run as Tag-Team Champions the way that it did...and I think it's time to make it up to them. So given that Chris Sabin was the most recent of them to be Intercontinental Champion, I think it's only fair now that it's Gable's turn. After all their entire rivalry that eventually led to their teaming up was during Chad's reign as Intercontinental Champion many years ago. Well if he can win The Mach 6? He'll return to his former glory and bring gold back to TCSI. While Karl Anderson is most known for being a "good brother" and proud member of The O.C...Karl Anderson showed me something very impressive two weeks ago when he put away Shinsuke Nakamura and sent a message that he's not just here to be support, he's here to stand alongside Luke Gallows and AJ Styles, as equals, as they collectively take over. While he's known for for his team with Gallows, tonight marks his official introduction into being a singles competitor, and just like his opponent, I believe he won't have any trouble making that transition."

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 7Hph9S2

"With their initial encounter being at the inaugural High Octane two months ago, a match that Bryan used to further his agenda and keep his name in the conversation that involved the World Heavyweight Championship, The Corporate Dragon used the self proclaimed “Canadian Hero” to send a message to then World Heavyweight Champion Keith Lee, the man that prevented Bryan from regaining the Championship he never lost but had vacated on the very first Octane. The message was loud and clear, Daniel Bryan wanted one thing and one thing alone: The World Heavyweight Championship. Zayn, not taking kindly to being cast aside, made it his mission to antagonize Bryan, managing to defeat The Corporate Dragon on the Grandest Stage of Them All. We have seen these men viciously assault one another in the past couple of months, ranging from post match attacks to calculated and precise dissections before they could even get out of their vehicles but when I was approached by both men separately, they didn't want to be like most other matches on the card, they didn't want “hardcore” stipulations or voting options, instead they each wanted a standard wrestling match because they each believed they could defeat the other without the need of barbaric weapons, those were Sami Zayn's actual words by the way, all they needed was a ring, a referee and some time to let them do what they do best. On top of that, this is a historic moment as for the first time ever, we will see the same match happen on back to back High Octane's! The question now is: Will it end the same way?"

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 Job0fNf

"Last week Sasha Banks addressed The Women's Division as she unveiled that her challenger will be decided by the spin of a wheel at Dead Man's Hand. In doing so she had quite the choice words for many in the division, and while I'm not a betting man...if I were I'd be waging that her words won't go unanswered by those that hope to find themselves not only one that wheel but ultimately as the one standing across from her one on one for The Women's Championship. But that's 3 weeks from now, and in the mean time? I thought given that Sasha's playing the waiting game, and Kairi herself is waiting to find out who will be crowned her #1 contender tonight...why not pair them up in Tag-Team action? Better yet, why not allow some of the women called out by Banks to potentially get their hands on her and send a message of their own through their actions in that ring? So tonight seeing as the power is in the hands of the people...I'm letting you put together that team to face them. You name the two Superstars you want to team up when casting your vote, and in the end the two women with the most votes will have an opportunity at meeting The Champions of The Women's Division...How will The Boss & The Pirate fair when they team up for the first time ever? Well, if Kairi can avoid misting Sasha like when they last found each other in Tag-Team action on opposite teams...I'd say they'll be a tough challenge for any combination of these five women to handle."

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 K9fKYKp

"Robert Roode for 9 months has been truly "GLORIOUS" he's added many names to the list of those that he's beaten, including Keith Lee at Final Stand when he shocked the entire world and became our new World Heavyweight Champion. But the night of his rise to glory...The Enterprise may have returned what once belonged to them...but they lost something perhaps much greater...one of their own. Randy Orton had a shocking moment of his own when he struck Jon Moxley after his victory with the infamous RKO...and then eliminated his prey with a punt so destructive...that we haven't seen The Enterprise's Innovator of Violence ever since. Well, it was only a matter of time before The Enterprise's "debt collector" came calling...and after his victory over Sami Zayn last week? Roode issued the challenged and tonight he will indeed face The Apex Predator that reduced his ally to fallen prey at Final Stand. I'm not sure what's going to happen tonight when these two step into that ring but one thing I know for sure is we're going to see two men on two very different missions...and your guess is as good as mine as to which will succeed. "

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 Ibozkkt

"While this tournament has been building up for the past two weeks, the anticipation for this match has been steadily increasing for much longer. We started with four well deserving women and we are now down to the final two: Io Shirai and Shayna Baszler. Where to begin? Shayna Baszler is the second woman to hold the North American Championship, while it isn't as historic as being the first, there is still an aura surrounding her achievement. Her brief yet dominant reign showed what she was capable of, from submissions to ruthlessness and precision. Shayna showed the world that if she wasn't taken seriously, they would be taken to the emergency room for their hubris. However controversial the way she lost her Championships was, she was never defeated when the Championship was on the line, so in a way, she has a legitimate claim to a rematch, a rematch that she could very possibly earn if she can defeat Io Shirai here tonight.

Io Shirai has had quite the metamorphosis in recent times, abandoning her “Genius of the Sky” moniker for something a little... darker to say the least. Since that change, she has shown a different side of her, one that doesn't care who she hurts to get what she wants and here tonight, she's gonna need that side of her when she takes on Shayna Baszler. While Io didn't emerge from the Lethal Lottery as the North American Champion, that hasn't slowed her down in the slightest, if anything, it has made her want it that much more but in order to gain another shot at the elusive Championship, she has to go through Shayna Baszler to do it, a task that is much easier said than done. Even more so when you realize that Shayna is currently nigh undefeated, her only defeat coming at the hands of a debuting Charlotte Flair, a debt she collected at Final Stand. A tall order is standing between Io and her Championship goal, but if anybody can get this done, surely it's Io Shirai.

Our statistics show that since Shayna defeated Alexa last week and Alexa has defeated Io three times over the past year, International Incident, the inaugural High Octane as well as Final Stand, this should be a walk in the park for Shayna. But what the statistics don't show is the hunger that Io Shirai has had since she got a taste of Championship gold inside the Elimination Chamber and at Final Stand. While Shayna has held the North American Championship before, Io hasn't held any Championships in XWL period, so one has to believe that winning this tournament means just as much, if not, more that it would for Shayna. For the first time ever, we will see The Queen of Spades face off against The Dark Collector and regardless of how this match goes, we'll know one thing after the dust has settled: Kairi Sane will have her hands full at Dead Man's Hand when she has to defend her treasure against one of these women."

[[[ MAIN EVENT ]]]

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 ERRXlCZ

"Two months ago two men arrived onto Octane with two very different ideals, two very different characters, and two very different purposes...in fact it was their polarizing nature that drew us into what was unfolding before us. One was fresh, shiny, and new...with an opportunity to be an XWL Superstar...something he had dreamed of becoming...the other? Was far from shiny, far from new, ripe with the stench of being forgotten by an audience he once lived to entertain. He was a new man, ready to erode XWL and everything "good" in it just as he himself had become destroyed by something long ago. At first it was about this newly pronounced "bastard" trying to pick on the new guy, robbing him of his ability to have a proper debut match, thwarting that realization of his dream and taking quite the sick satisfaction in it.

But soon after that? It developed into something much more...I don't know when that moment itself was...but a switch flipped and this story was far too captivating to ignore. Yet again, these two very different halves were coming together for this perfect marriage of everything this business was essentially built on. A guy the audience cannot stand, that they loved to hate...that they detest his every word, and his every action. Then, a guy they rally behind, that they root on against this man because he is everything they themselves are drawn to. He is their hero, because he himself...was...and IS them. Final Stand is often known as the end of many things, and perhaps the same might have been said of this rivalry...but what happened when they went toe to toe? There's just no words, it was magic...instant chemistry that sure we saw in their interactions up to that point...but they made us feel every moment before that. They pulled on our heart strings when my buddy Christian was unfortunately a pawn in their issues escalating...and when they finally squared off in that ring? Everything came together in a match that stole the show, and that's not just my opinion that is the opinion of you the fans. You named it The Match Of Final Stand this year...and what's most incredible about that...is it didn't even have a conclusion. It ended in disqualification, robbing us of a winner and a loser...but Final Stand clearly wasn't meant to provide that, it was meant to show us what this rivalry really was.

A big part of being in control of a company like this is having your finger on the pulse and knowing what the right move is at the end of the day. When The Intercontinental Championship was vacated? I immediately told everyone near me that there's only one right path to take and that's bringing these two back together and letting them work their magic. The Intercontinental Champion is important, it is worth fighting for...and tonight we're going to a rematch of their show stealing encounter...but this time? There WILL be a winner, and that winner? Will be The NEW Intercontinental Champion. The only thing that's left to decide, is what kind of match will this be?

It's certainly going to be no disqualification, because let me make this clear again...there WILL be a winner tonight...but you have three very promising options at your finger tips. I chose a Ladder Match because I've had a lot of incredible Ladder Matches in my career and I have no doubt they would deliver ten times over if given that opportunity. But I also let them each decide a stipulation themselves. Adam Page chose a Falls Count Anywhere so that he could in his words kick PAC's ass up close and personal in front of the people that have supported him...and the people that our dear bastard...has gone out of his way to attack almost as much as he's gone out of his way to attack Page himself. While PAC's choice? Was taking a walk down memory lane when he put Page through a table in their match at Final Stand...and wanting to upgrade that memory with the addition of fire so that he could hear Page's anguished screams...as he burned alive in a Flaming Tables Match! As I said, two very different men, two very different cores at the center of each...and tonight one of them captures The Intercontinental Championship for the first time in their careers.

I don't even need to tell you that this is can't miss...I don't need to urge you to vote...because I know you're compiling your votes as you read this right now because you like myself...cannot wait until tonight's Main-Event when whether it's a Ladder Match, a Falls Count Anywhere Match, or a Flaming Tables Match....we know it's going to steal the show yet again. "

Last edited by P.R Son on Sun May 31, 2020 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]    [[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 3:59 pm

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 Ibozkkt

"While this tournament has been building up for the past two weeks, the anticipation for this match has been steadily increasing for much longer. We started with four well deserving women and we are now down to the final two: Io Shirai and Shayna Baszler. Where to begin? Shayna Baszler is the second woman to hold the North American Championship, while it isn't as historic as being the first, there is still an aura surrounding her achievement. Her brief yet dominant reign showed what she was capable of, from submissions to ruthlessness and precision. Shayna showed the world that if she wasn't taken seriously, they would be taken to the emergency room for their hubris. However controversial the way she lost her Championships was, she was never defeated when the Championship was on the line, so in a way, she has a legitimate claim to a rematch, a rematch that she could very possibly earn if she can defeat Io Shirai here tonight.

Io Shirai has had quite the metamorphosis in recent times, abandoning her “Genius of the Sky” moniker for something a little... darker to say the least. Since that change, she has shown a different side of her, one that doesn't care who she hurts to get what she wants and here tonight, she's gonna need that side of her when she takes on Shayna Baszler. While Io didn't emerge from the Lethal Lottery as the North American Champion, that hasn't slowed her down in the slightest, if anything, it has made her want it that much more but in order to gain another shot at the elusive Championship, she has to go through Shayna Baszler to do it, a task that is much easier said than done. Even more so when you realize that Shayna is currently nigh undefeated, her only defeat coming at the hands of a debuting Charlotte Flair, a debt she collected at Final Stand. A tall order is standing between Io and her Championship goal, but if anybody can get this done, surely it's Io Shirai.

Our statistics show that since Shayna defeated Alexa last week and Alexa has defeated Io three times over the past year, International Incident, the inaugural High Octane as well as Final Stand, this should be a walk in the park for Shayna. But what the statistics don't show is the hunger that Io Shirai has had since she got a taste of Championship gold inside the Elimination Chamber and at Final Stand. While Shayna has held the North American Championship before, Io hasn't held any Championships in XWL period, so one has to believe that winning this tournament means just as much, if not, more that it would for Shayna. For the first time ever, we will see The Queen of Spades face off against The Dark Collector and regardless of how this match goes, we'll know one thing after the dust has settled: Kairi Sane will have her hands full at Dead Man's Hand when she has to defend her treasure against one of these women."

As the fans of XWL are awaiting the next match. The camera cuts to Beth Phoenix with a microphone in hand trying to catch up with Shayna Baszler as Shayna is preparing to head to the ring. Just before Shayna gets to the curtain Beth finally catches her.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
Shayna you made it to the finals, tonight, whomever the winner is will face Kairi Sane for the North American Title. Tonight You are up against Io Shirai, any comments?"

Shayna Baszler
"You want a comment Beth? Here's my comment I'm going to walk through that curtain and do just what it is I set out to do. And that's to make everyone remember the name Shayna Baszler! Now if you'll excuse me I have some ass to kick."

Shayna steps up to the curtain and her music hits.

Shayna walks cockily to the ring. Strutting in her usual demeanor. She makes it to the apron and slides in and taunts the crowd.

The lights dim and all you can see are the faces of a few people if you squint really tightly, The theme of Io Shirai overtakes the entire arena, she comes from the back and then takes her time studying an incensed Shayna who looks ready, mouthpiece in all and this doesn’t make Io nervous, or scared in any way.

She knows what she’s getting herself into with Shayna and then she enters the ring, not doing her usual entrance as we are prone to seeing. Io has everything on the line tonight, if she loses.. She’s back to obscurity until she works her resume up once more, to be considered worthy.

With both competitors in the ring Edge comes over the titantron to their surprise. He is standing in his office looking down at the computer. He looks up noticing the camera is on him.

Edge
"Ladies, the votes are in. Thanks to all the fans who participated. So without further ado, this match will be contested in something that favors you Shayna but also you Shirai, you two are going to be like animals… locked.. In a STEEL CAGE!"

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 GmvaScT

The cage begins to lower with flashing lights and Edge’s face going beat red after yelling that out, then smirks with the graphic on the titantron instead now. and Shayna just smirks and throws her fists up, waiting on Shirai to make a move, who keeps to her corner.. finally the cage is completely lowered and the referee signals for the bell.

SPOILERS AHEAD

-

SPOILERS AHEAD
[/b]

[[Corey Graves]]
What is she doing..?

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
She’s ascending to the top of the steel structure, what do you think she’s doing, Corey.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
Would you think to escape Baszler or perhaps something more sinister on the mind of Io Shirai.

Shayna looks up at an already scaling Io, she’s having no trouble with her agility to rush her body up to the top, instead she’s looking around panicking to mock Shayna and then laughs at her as she’s hanging with one hand, her hair flipping behind her in one fluid motion. Baszler holding onto her ribcage, starting to push herself off the mat, and then hobbles back to her feet, grabbing the ropes closest to her. She doesn’t keep her gaze off Shirai who notices Shayna is back to business. This makes Io start to climb up faster and Shayna shakes her head saying “Alright, you wanna do this, let’s do this, MY WAY” Shayna grabs onto the cage interlocking her fingers through the links on the cage and starts to rustle it, the entire structure along with Io gets wavy and Shirai slips down only slightly, Shayna then goes up cautiously one step at a time.

The two women are climbing up for what could be the last time of this match up, this is the highest in this battle, such height and not much room for error. Baszler grabs onto the foot of Io and Shirai manages to get loose before the grip got synched in. Io now at the top after using what’s left of her strength, hangs on for dear life and uses the bar to maneuver herself. Shayna shoots herself up to the top too and smirks when she meets Io face to face, mere feet away, and she scoots up grabbing a lock of her hair, which causes Io to scream in an instant, and a side eyed look appears across her face, and then she smiles back with makes Shayna raise her eyebrow. Io sends up her legs around the arm that is grabbing her hair of Baszler and then intersects her body in a twisting position, locking in a Modified Hell’s Gate, or what she likes to call Sleepwalker.

This makes Shayna freak and they almost fall off the cage but Io uses the energy and momentum to have Shayna back in position, all the body weight against her, her ribs being pressed up against the top with the extension. The arm being pulled and then Io bends backwards with her hips, digging her shin into the throat of Shayna who spews blood everywhere and passes out on the top in this submission that many before her fell victim to.

Shayna with her eyes closed, everyone looks on and Io lets her body take and Shayna drops right off the top of the cage as Io lets go, she says “POOF..” blowing air at her from her mouth as if to add more insult to the mayhem. Shayna crashes down below inside of the ring and drops herself down limp, all you can hear is a loud THUD!

The room goes quiet, the still tone of the atmosphere and even the commentary doesn’t know what to witness as they are stood up with their hands on the top of their heads in disbelief, Io slowly sits up and kicks her legs back and forth, looking down at an incapacitated, Shayna, she slides herself down inside the ring and lands her feet on the ropes. Baszler still not moving, you’d think Io would go down and climb to end it, but she insists on more punishment? Shirai drops down inside of the ring, looking at the referee on the outside, she insists he opens the door, and so he does after a few seconds of finding the key, and unwrapping the chain that connects the two, Io casually opens the door and Shayna still hasn’t moved, Shirai takes a deep breath and then drops down to the outside, running her hand through her hair as her feet touch the floor, signaling the end of this contest.

DING DING DING

[[Corey Graves]]
Io Shirai just completely decimated Shayna Baszler, she had so much fight and it was ripped away from her, like her dream of one day soon becoming North American Champion, by the Dreamcatcher herself.

Io laying her back against the barricade and the referee raises her hand, she screams at a downed Shayna who has gone to Dreamland, and then holds onto her haunches. This is a more focused Io Shirai and the commentary team isn’t down weighing in as she heads to the back and replays of the match are shown one after another.

[[Mauro Ranallo]]
The Dreamcatcher steals another Dream, straight out of the sky or closer to in this Steel Cage voted in by the XWL faithful and you know when these two unpredictable females met in this, the options of carnage and destruction, were endless and it could only end in ONE way, as shown.

[[Beth Phoenix]]
If Shirai brings that same mindset into her match with her now former friend, turned enemy on her own accord, Kairi Sane then we will have more of a deserving contender for the North American Championship. Shirai even after being brutalized wasn’t going to let Final Stand be her swan song for title contention.

The last sight we see is the cage being lifted and Shayna curled up in the middle of the canvas, being tended to by EMT’s as Io makes her way back up to the top of the ramp, slowly stepping backwards, which begs the question was Io locked in their with Shayna or was Shayna locked in their with Io..SHIRAI.
Back to top Go down
Oreo
Mid Card
Oreo

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]    [[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 4:30 pm

As High Octane returns from a short EA Sports XWL'21 video game announcement package, we are met with another video.

LOW BLOW!

The audience erupts, disgusted by what ‘The Bastard’ PAC has just done. We see the referee turn, calling for the bell.

[Mauro Ranallo]
NO!

[Corey Graves]
WHAT THE HELL?!

Hangman Page lays face down writhing in pain. He kicks the canvas below him, holding his groin.

[Mauro Ranallo]
That son of a bitch, PAC! This was about to be Hangman’s moment!

The video flashes forward, showing Hangman Page entering the ring after Final Stand with a microphone.

”Hangman” Adam Page
PAC... I really, really, reaaally dislike you… I dislike you because you ruined my big debut match.. I dislike you because you sent my mentor, Christian to the hospital… I dislike you because of what you did at Final Stand…
It’s as simple as this PAC.. Do you have the balls to meet me in this ring that you’re a veteran of, and finally have a fair match for once in your miserable life.. Or are you so much of a coward that you’re going to make me go ba-

We flash forward to see The Bastard enter the ring.

"The Bastard" PAC
Let it be known, that I do not give a damn about any of you "fans" just like I don't give a damn about 'Hangman' Adam Page!
Being just a little basic ROOKIE, I'm going to let you in on something.
When you get to a level of superstardom that I have reached, you will quickly realize that you can do whatever you want, whenever you want with zero repercussion. I am at such a level that I low blow'd you on the biggest stage in wrestling, I knocked out a referee.... and I am still standing here before you.
If you did that Adam, you better believe you wouldn't be standing here right now. Just like all the new faces in this company... you Adam, lack star power. You lack skill. You lack the ability to...

”Hangman” Adam Page
That’s the difference between us PAC.. You try to get away with whatever you can.. You try to break every rule.. You try to cross every line.. But me? I have honor. I have pride. I have morals. But most importantly, unlike you, I’m not afraid of a fair fight.

"The Bastard" PAC
You honestly think you, a wannabe professional wrestler, will trick me into accepting yet another match with you? I have wasted months on you Adam. MONTHS! I've already proven that I am champion material yet here I am continuing to put up with some fan named 'Hangman' Adam Page!

We here the music of our general manager play briefly before the recap flashes forward to Edge standing in the ring with a black bag.

EDGE
Now gentlemen, normally I wouldn't come out here. Normally I would just let things play out, but something needs to be addressed. What happened to you two at the twelfth anniversary of Final Stand was... was... was borderline criminal in my opinion.
PAC, you may be a Bastard but I know who you really are. You are exactly what you've been calling Hangman Page for the last few months, and this is not meant as an insult, but you PAC are a fan. Every single person that is in that locker room is a fan. Every legend is a fan. We all had to start somewhere, PAC ...ask yourself, as a fan... was that the way your match should have ended?
I'm not about to force you to do something you don't want to do PAC. So if you don't want to accept a rematch... then maybe I can show you something that would maybe change your mind.

Edge opens the bag pulls out the XWL Intercontinental Championship! We see faces of shocked fans in the crowd as everyone begins to go crazy.

[Mauro Ranallo]
WHOA!

EDGE
As I'm sure you both know Robert Roode won the World Heavyweight Championship, thus forcing him to surrender the Intercontinental Championship. Before he handed over this championship, I was able to promise him that this prestigious title would not fall into undeserving hands and I couldn't think of any two men on this roster more deserving of a shot at this title than you two.

Without any hesitation, PAC steps forward. He grabs the general manager by the wrist, pulling the microphone to his mouth. He looks into the eyes of Hangman Page.

"The Bastard" PAC
YOU'RE ON!

The XWL fans erupt again, nearly blowing the roof off the building!

The recap skips forward again as we see the two rivals in the ring for their contract signing.

Graves looks on confused as PAC begins signing his name on the dotted line.

[Corey Graves]
Uh... PAC? Don't you want to hear what Hangman has chosen for his stipulation before you...

PAC picks up a microphone and begins yelling at Corey Graves.

"The Bastard" PAC
I don't give a damn what this wannabe professional wrestler has chosen for some silly stipulation!

[Corey Graves]
These fans will have the opportunity to vote on what stipulation your match-up will be at High Octane. We already know that our general manager has chosen option A, a ladder match.

"The Bastard" PAC
You really want to know what I will do to this man in a ladder match? I am going to take this man's head, place it between the legs of the ladder. I will go to the top rope and squash his dumb little head like a grape. By the end of that match, this man's brains will be spread across this canvas.

”Hangman” Adam Page
Honestly Corey, it doesn’t matter if it’s a Ladders Match, a Chairs Match, a Tables Match, hell it can be a TLC match for all I care.. As long as I can get my hands on that Bastard and make him pay for what he did to Christian, for what he did to me at Final Stand, and for what he’s done to me since I’ve debuted here in XWL for that matter.. As long as I can get justice for everyone that this Bastard has wronged this past month.. Then I’ll be happy..

[Corey Graves]
Well guys, that was Edge's stipulation option. Now let's get to the stipulations that you two have chosen. Hangman Page we will start with you and the people want to know... what stipulation have you chosen and why?

”Hangman” Adam Page
What I can do is offer a match type that would give you the opportunity of seeing me kick PAC’s ass up and down this arena, as up close and personal as possible.. Because the stipulation that I decided on… Is a Falls Count Anywhere Match!!! Just a month ago I was a fan, so I think it would be fitting for me to pin PAC out in the crowd among all of my fellow fans!!!

"The Bastard" PAC
So you want these people to vote for some Falls Count Anywhere stipulation? Big fucking deal. I will beat you in this ring, I will beat you outside of this ring. If anything, you have opened up a million ways I could defeat you.

[Corey Graves]
We still have one more match stipulation to be revealed. PAC?

"The Bastard" PAC
My stipulation is simple... Adam, when I put you through that table at Final Stand, I only heard the sound of you wheezing. The sound of you gasping for air. The sounds of your groans due to the agonizing pain I put you through... but this time? This time I want to hear you scream. I want you to scream from the suffering that you will feel from being BURNED ALIVE! That's right, Adam! I want you in a Flaming Tables Match!

[Corey Graves]
Wow... umm... Hangman? How would you fare in a Flaming Tables Match against 'The Bastard' PAC?

”Hangman” goes to raise his mic but PAC smacks it out of his hand. It also falls to the canvas with a loud thud. The mic causes a high pitch tone to ring throughout the arena before being turned off by the production team.

[Corey Graves]
Gentlem-

PAC like a flash, quickly turns his attention to Corey. Similar to what happened to the referee at Final Stand, The Bastard plants a stiff forearms to the jaw, sending the commentator falling to the ground.

[Beth Phoenix]
HEY!

[Mauro Ranallo]
WHAT THE HELL?!

The Bastard turns back towards Adam, only to be hit with a boot to the gut!! “Hangman” lifts PAC high into the air, and Powerbombs “The Bastard” right through the table!!!!... The crowd goes wild.

Flashing forward for the last time, the video recap ends with Hangman Page sharing a beer with a fan at ringside.

[[[ MAIN EVENT ]]]

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 ERRXlCZ

As we go back to the live feed, the audience is buzzing after that recap video. Not a single person is sitting as they are ready for what's next on the card.

[Mauro Ranallo]
Yes ladies and gentlemen, it is the moment you have all been waiting for. It is time for the main event of the evening!

Fireworks fill the stage for a moment. As smoke from the fireworks fill the stage, a theme song begins to play.

Similar to last week, the theme song plays out for about 30 seconds before a figure emerges through the smoke. The audience erupts, booing the man that has just entered onto the stage. We see the man scanning the arena for a moment.

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 PdIJGjJ

[Mauro Ranallo]
One has to think The Bastard is out for retribution after being put through a table at the hands of Hangman Page last week guys?

[Corey Graves]
Without a doubt Mauro, The Bastard looks to be out for blood tonight. Just look at him!

The Bastard lets out a roar before storming his way down the ramp. He looks to be laser focused tonight.

[Beth Phoenix]
Speaking of last week, how are you feeling after PAC put his hands on you?

[Corey Graves]
It was more of an elbow than his hands, but my jaw is still sore. I've been on a soft food diet for the last week.

Sliding under the bottom rope, The Bastard springs up to his feet. Pacing back and forth, he awaits his opponent.

The crowd goes wild as “Hangman” Adam Page makes his way out to the stage, once the crowd realizes who is with him, they go absolutely nuts!!

Mauro Ranallo
Hey!! It’s Christian!!!

Sure enough “Hangman” Adam Page is pushing along a wheelchair, and in that wheelchair is none other than Christian!!! The Canadian crowd begins to let out a huge chant, a mix of “Hangman” and “Christian”!!

Mauro Ranallo
It’s good to see Christian out of the hospital after that vicious attack he endured at the hands of The Bastard a few weeks ago!!

The crowd goes absolutely insane as Christian gingerly steps out of the chair, and takes a few steps forward on his own!! “Hangman” walks up next to him and allows the veteran to steady himself on his shoulder. Christian raises “Hangman”s hand high in the air, causing the crowd to go wild once again!! The Leader of the Peeps then takes a few steps back and slowly lowers onto his wheelchair. He begins to wheel himself to the back as “Hangman” Adam Page stays on the foot of the stage. We can see he now has a mic in his hand.

”Hangman” Adam Page
I’m never going to forgive you for what you did to Christian… He might be using a wheelchair now, but soon he’ll be walking again.. I can’t say the same about you PAC.. Once tonight is over it will be you who needs the wheelchair.. And me?.. Well I’ll be Intercontinental Champion!!.. And although I’m “just a fan”, I’m not one of those fans who knows all the stats and history of XWL, but there’s a good chance that I might be not only the youngest superstar to become Intercontinental Champion, but also one of the quickest to become champion after debuting!! Can you believe that PAC, we’re going to make history tonight… And all these great people here in Winnipeg are going to be able to witness it being made!!!

”Hangman” smiles to himself as the crowd lets out a pop at the mention of their city.

”Hangman” Adam Page
All this talk about me just being “a fan” is going to backfire right in your face tonight PAC.. Because what does it say about “The Great PAC”, if he can't even beat a fan… At Final Stand you realized that, which is why you hit me with that low blow.. You showed your true nature.. You prove that you’re not a “Bastard”.. You’re just a Coward… But tonight, not only will there be no disqualifications to get you out of this match.. But you also can’t low blow me like you did last time…

Adam knocks on his groin area.

”Hangman” Adam Page
I came prepared PAC, I’m wearing a cup.. So you won’t be able to low blow me.. And I won’t be able to low blow you, seeing as you don’t have anything down in that area…. Now, where I come from we don’t speak French like they do here. Hell, where I come from they barely even speak proper english half the time… But tonight ladies and gentlemen, you’re going to have to “pardon my French”.. You see PAC, I plan on not only defeating you tonight, not only becoming Intercontinental Champion tonight, not only proving you wrong once and for all, but I also plan on doing a hell of a lot of Cowboy Shit!!! And if you don’t know what that is PAC, you’re about to find out!!

And with that Adam Page tosses the mic to the floor and marches down towards the ring as his theme song resumes playing.

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 QoGcWuh

”Hangman” wastes no time sliding into the ring and walking right up to The Bastard, getting in his face, causing the referee to step in between the two men. We then hear from our XWL ring announcer.

[Mike Rome]
Gentlemen, it is now time to reveal what stipulation the XWL fans have voted for!

Hangman and PAC turn away from each other and look toward the entrance screen for the results.

[Corey Graves]
What's it gonna be?

A graphic appears on the screen causing the audience to erupt in cheers.

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 IBmOeJK

[Beth Phoenix]
A LADDER MATCH?!

[Corey Graves]
HOLY...

The two men in the ring lock eyes once again. We see Hangman nodding his head, approving of the fan's vote. Quickly, ring crew member hurry to set up ladders around the ring for the two rivals to use. The referee is handed the Intercontinental Championship.

[Mauro Ranallo]
With 53% of the vote, you have all chosen the fate of the Intercontinental Championship to be decided in a Ladder Match!

[Corey Graves]
This is going to be insane!

Standing between the two men, the referee raises the Intercontinental Championship high above his head as the two men in the ring are announced.

[Mike Rome]
This next bout is a LADDER MATCH and is for the INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

The audience cheers loudly once again, we see Hangman crack a smile.

[Mike Rome]
The only way to win this match is to climb a ladder and retrieve the title. Introducing first from Newcastle upon Tyne, England... weighing in at 206 pounds... he is THE BASTARD... PAC!

Boos fill the arena for a moment before Mike Rome continues.

[Mike Rome]
...and his opponent from Aaron's Creek, Virginia... weighing in at 215 pounds... he is THE HANGMAN... ADAM PAGE!

The audience erupts into chants of "HANGMAN! HANGMAN! HANGMAN!" as Adam Page gets nose to nose with The Bastard, raising a fist in the air. In the background, we see ring announcer Mike Rome exit the ring as the referee quickly pushes the two rivals a part.

A hook lowers from the rafters. We see the referee grab the hook and carefully attach the Intercontinental Championship to it. Slowly, the Intercontinental Championship begins to rise above the ring. Hangman and PAC, however, do not take their eyes off each other.

Making sure both men are at opposite corners of the ring, the referee calls for the bell to begin the match. Quickly, the referee exits the ring as his only duty tonight is to be present to declare a winner.

|

|

|

|

|

|

SPOILERS AHEAD!

|

|

|

WATCH THE MATCH, YOU'LL ENJOY IT!

|

|

|

|

|

|

[Mauro Ranallo]
The Bastard looks out of it!

[Beth Phoenix]
Hangman needs to capitalize!

[Corey Graves]
One more big move should do it!

Hangman approaches the floored Bastard on the floor. Reaching down, Hangman grabs PAC by his soaked long brown hair. As Hangman begins to lift The Bastard to his feet, we see a thumb fly into Hangman Page’s left eye. We hear Hangman scream in agonizing pain as The Bastard twists and turns his thumb in the eye of his rival.

[Beth Phoenix]
HE CAN'T DO THAT!

[Corey Graves]
Unfortunately, he can Beth. There is no disqualification.

The Bastard removes his thumb and quickly lowers levels, driving his left shoulder into the midsection of Hangman Page. The Bastard drives his opponent into the side of the ring, crushing Hangman against the steel frame of the squared circle. As Hangman still holds onto his damaged eye, we see The Bastard quickly digging for something in his ring gear.

[Mauro Ranallo]
Hangman could very well have been permanently blinded by th...

[Corey Graves]
What is PAC doing?!

Suddenly, The Bastard reveals something with a sinister grin on his face.

[Beth Phoenix]
HANDCUFFS?!

[Mauro Ranallo]
What the hell?!

[Corey Graves]
The Bastard just pulled out a pair of handcuffs!

As quick as a flash of lightning, PAC clasps the one end of the handcuffs around the wrist of Hangman Page. The other end is closed around the bottom ring rope, pulling Hangman’s hand away from his damaged eye. Revealing the damaged eye, we see that I has begun to swell. Slowly, we see The Bastard begin to back away from Hangman Adam Page with a smile on his face.

[Mauro Ranallo]
He... He can't do that!

[Corey Graves]
There are no rules, Mauro.

[Beth Phoenix]
You've got to be kidding me!

Hangman begins coming to now and goes to take a swing at The Bastard but his fist doesn’t get too far. Hangman looks to The Bastard that stands a few feet from him, he then looks toward the handcuffs trapping his wrist. Our microphones don’t pick it up but we read the lips of Hangman Page saying “YOU SON OF A BITCH!” Dragging the handcuff along the bottom rope, Page charges PAC. Just before Hangman can do any damage, The Bastard quickly escapes under the bottom rope, sliding into the ring. Hangman is quick to follow as he manages to get under the bottom rope, scooting into a seated position. We see Hangman make an attempt to stand to his feet, but only falls back to the mat when he tries to jerk away from the bottom rope.

[Mauro Ranallo]
He can't even get up, guys!

Seeing his rival struggle only brings a smile to the face of The Bastard. He takes a step closer to Hangman, getting nearly face-to-face with the man on the ground. Being the Bastard that he is, we hear back repeat the words “GET UP!” over and over again knowing damn well his opponent can’t. After a few seconds of taunting, The Bastard is blasted with a cowboy boot to the face. This brings cheers from the audience as we see PAC stumble backward before falling to his backside.

[Beth Phoenix]
YEAH!

[Corey Graves]
He deserved that one!

The two men now sit across the ring from one another. Through his one good eye, Hangman stares down The Bastard. This stare down lasts only a few seconds as we see The Bastard break eye contact to look up at the Intercontinental Championship suspended above the ring. A smile comes to The Bastard’s face again as he looks toward Hangman Page, then to the ladder that is laying in the ring. Slowly, PAC makes it to his feet. He once again maintains eye contact with Hangman as he slowly makes his way over to the ladder. Picking up the ladder, Hangman has a good idea of what’s coming next. We see Hangman being to tug, pull, and even kick at the handcuffs around the bottom rope.

[Mauro Ranallo]
Hangman has to make like Freddie and break free!

Setting up the ladder in the middle of the ring, The Bastard looks to his struggling rival. He laughs as he begins to scale the ladder. The frustrated Hangman can be heard yelling “NO!” as The Bastard climbs.

[Beth Phoenix]
Not like this!

[Corey Graves]
I think we're about to have a new Intercontinental Champion!

To the top of the ladder, The Bastard give one last look to the helpless Hangman Adam Page. Like rubbing salt in the wound, PAC grabs the Intercontinental Championship with on hand. We hear PAC shout “YOU DON’T BELONG!” before releasing the Intercontinental Championship from the hook. As The Bastard pulls down the Intercontinental Championship, the sound of a ring bell echos around the arena calling an end to this match. The audience erupts in boos.

[Mauro Ranallo]
...and with the cruelest of tactics, The Bastard has done it!

[Beth Phoenix]
What a cheater!

As The Bastard makes his way down from the ladder, we see Hangman sitting there defeated. He looks to the mat in front of him as his worst nightmare has come true. As his theme song begins to play, we here from our XWL ring announcer.

[Mike Rome]
Ladies and gentlemen, your winner and THE NEW Intercontinental Champion... 'The Bastard'... PAAAAAAAAC!

Back to the ring floor now, we see The Bastard collapse to his knees. He lets out a roar as he clutches his newly won Intercontinental Championship close to his body.

[Corey Graves]
I can't even imagine what Hangman Page is feeling right now.

[Beth Phoenix]
Look at PAC. For someone that was so disrespectful toward the Intercontinental Championship, he sure is holding it pretty close.

[Corey Graves]
Every XWL Superstar knows the importance of the Intercontinental Championship, I wouldn't doubt PAC was just playing some sort of mind games with Hangman last week.

We see Hangman looking at the man in the ring holding a title and begin shaking his head, not believing what has just happened. Back to his feet now, The Bastard begins parading around the ring with his new championship. He makes sure that he lets all the XWL fans know who’s the champ as he steps up to the middle rope in every corner of the ring and face them, showing them the title.

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 SpI8iUp

As he steps down from the final corner, someone catches The Bastard’s eye. Slowly, PAC makes his way over to the defeated Hangman Page. As the audience continues to boo, we see The Bastard standing over his beaten rival. The Bastard holds out the Intercontinental Championship for Hangman to get a good look at it and to get a good look at who is now holding it.

[Mauro Ranallo]
Adding a bit of insult to injury here, don't you think?

[Beth Phoenix]
This is disgusting.

The Bastard backs away from Hangman and returns to celebrating. Once again, he steps up the middle rope gloating with his Intercontinental Championship one last time.

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 CI5jXen

[Mauro Ranallo]
Ladies and gentlemen, we hope you enjoyed this action packed addition of High Octane! Although I must say, a bitter end to such an amazing show!

[Corey Graves]
I'm excited to see where we go from here! What's next for our new Intercontinental Champion?

[Mauro Ranallo]
Time will tell, partner... Time will tell.

In the final shot of High Octane, we see The Bastard basking in the hatred of the Winnipeg audience. In the background behind The Bastard, we see Hangman Page sitting beside himself. We fade to black and the XWL logo glows across the screen.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]    [[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[[[XWL High Octane: Power To The People 5/27/2020 - 6/10/2020]]]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2