Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

PPV Awards: Final Stand X

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PPV Awards: Final Stand X Empty
PostSubject: PPV Awards: Final Stand X   PPV Awards: Final Stand X Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 9:11 pm

MALE COMPETITOR OF THE PPV:

PPV Awards: Final Stand X JETXQTV PPV Awards: Final Stand X P4vUKAJ

WINNERS: Chris Jericho and Johnny Gargano
RUNNER UP: DEAN AMBROSE AND MATT SYDAL

Johnny Gargano and Chris Jericho are two very different superstars who did very similar things at Final Stand. Both of them were given an opportunity and both of them took full advantage of it. Chris Jericho earned himself a World Heavyweight Championship match while Johnny Gargano earned himself an XWL Contract. However, the night wasn't perfect for either of them. Jericho suffered defeat earlier in the night after Dean Ambrose pinned the Alpha to return the Intercontinental Championship back to AJ Styles after Jericho already pinned him. And Johnny, despite all of his hard work and attempts to make the show as good as possible, left the arena in an ambulance. In the end, no men made quite the impact like these two did. One question still remains: who attacked Johnny Gargano?

FEMALE COMPETITOR OF THE PPV:

PPV Awards: Final Stand X HITO9DL

WINNERS: Natalya
RUNNER UP: APRIL

Was their really any other option for this award than the woman who defended her championship inside of Hell in a Cell in the main event of Final Stand? Sasha Banks put up quite the fight but she lost. April put on an incredible showing but her win wasn't quite as monumental as the Queen of Hart's win. She survived going to hell and back when stepping in the ring with the Boss. She was put through the announcer's table. She suffered a broken nose. We questioned so many times if she could beat this new and improved Sasha Banks but the answer was obvious from the start: Yes. Yes, she could. The future is bright for Natalya after suffering through months of a dark cloud hovering over her. Those doubters became believers and whoever is next to step up to the Queen needs to bring their best fight or else they will bow like Sasha Banks did at Final Stand.

PROMO OF THE PPV:

PPV Awards: Final Stand X 9HkMqJV PPV Awards: Final Stand X DoCztj1 PPV Awards: Final Stand X CtHJfCd
PPV Awards: Final Stand X XOm9957 PPV Awards: Final Stand X P4vUKAJ

WINNERS: The Kyohi, Johnny Gargano and Eli Drake
RUNNER UP: MONEY IN THE BANK COMPETITORS PREDICT HELL IN A CELL

The Kyohi have never been one to bite their tongues and Final Stand was no different. In fact, their words seemed to have an extra bit of venom to them considering this was the greatest spectacle in sports entertainment and they were nowhere to be found on the card. However, their hateful words and grievances were interrupted by Eli Drake who had some choice words of his own. He came looking for a fight but Kenny Omega didn't want to bite. Though, someone else decided that this match must happen and that was the host of Final Stand: Johnny Gargano. The final match of their best of seven was made official, the rest of the Kyohi was banned from ringside and this allowed Eli Drake to capitalize on a big win on the biggest stage in professional wrestling, in front of thousands upon thousands of fans.

OMG MOMENT OF THE PPV:

PPV Awards: Final Stand X Zoerxxs

WINNERS: Leo Kruger turning on JBL
RUNNER UP: NIKKI CROSS RETURNS

There were plenty of moments that led to the fans shouting "OH MY GOD" like Nikki Cross returning, Matt Sydal hitting the Kruger Killer from the top of the ladder, and Sasha Banks diving off the top of the Hell in a Cell structure. Nothing shocked the fans like Leo Kruger turning on JBL and aligning himself with the man who originally ended his career. JBL was very well about to win the match and rid XWL of Matt Sydal for the rest of time. He had his hand on the contract and the Golden Ticket was about to have a one-way ticket out of the company Leo Kruger stuck it to the pompous wall street douchebag and dropped him from the ladder to the outside of the ring. Kruger pulled Sydal to his feet and assisted him up the ladder and handed him the win. The Undisputed Era claims to be all about shocking the system, and consider our systems socked as it was truly the biggest shocker of the night.

MATCH OF THE PPV:

PPV Awards: Final Stand X 4T5mLlV

WINNERS: Sasha Banks vs. Natalya inside Hell in a Cell
RUNNER UP: MATT SYDAL vs. JBL, ELI DRAKE vs. KENNY OMEGA, and CHRIS SABIN vs. CHAD GABLE

We are going to break kayfabe for a second and remind everyone that this write-up was over 30K words and stretched into three different posts. That has never been done before in the 10-year history of XWL and who knows if it was ever be done again. I, as someone who helped write this, can proudly say that this was my pride and joy of this show. I did everything I could with the help of David to make sure no one doubted our spot in the main event. Now, let's go back into the world of kayfabe. Natalya and Sasha Banks put everything on the line and did everything they could to win the Woman's Championship. From the use of weapons to the use of the Hell in a Cell itself. This match kept fans on the end of their seats from start to finish. Sasha Banks had the match won at one point but even she couldn't accept being handed the win. It was too big of a match to end on anything besides pinfall or submission. Neither women is going to be the same after this match and just after we thought they couldn't one-up their Buried Alive match, they banked on themselves and they proved that the sky's the limit and hopefully, after watching an incredible contest, the rest of the division feels empowered to contest with these two.

FEUD OF THE PPV:

PPV Awards: Final Stand X 4T5mLlV

WINNERS: Sasha Banks vs. Natalya
RUNNER UP: JOHNNY GARGANO vs. THE MIZ

Feuds come and go and most of them are forgotten. This is a rivalry that no one will soon forget. For the third time, Sasha Banks and Natalya have secured the award for Feud of the PPV and it's hard to argue that they don't deserve this. For eight months, these women have battled on-and-off and for eight months they have proven why no rivarly quite compares to their own. It's personal but still very professional. It has elevated the women's division to a point no one thought possible and that is the main event of Final Stand. This chapter of their historic rivarly might be over. Natalya will move on to a new challenger while Sasha Banks starts at the back of the line again. The story is far from over and it won't be longer before they cross pathes again. However, after what we saw after Natalya won, things might be a little different the next time.

Back to top Go down
Gregg
Main Eventer

PPV Awards: Final Stand X Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPV Awards: Final Stand X   PPV Awards: Final Stand X Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 2:19 pm

Congratulations to all the award winners.  Well deserved.

And thank you to everyone who voted for me.  I had a lot of fun having Johnny be the host of Final Stand and reclaim his job/life.  I hope you guys enjoyed reading what I posted as much as I did writing it.

PPV Awards: Final Stand X Tumblr_p3quxdOeyd1ukgjiko1_1280

(Edit: I did not realize how big this gif was, but it's too good, I'm keeping it.  Sorry admins.)
Back to top Go down

PPV Awards: Final Stand X
Page 1 of 1