Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017

Go down 
+7
Austin
Harmon
Pringle96`
Frowonder
T-Roll
GamerShane31
P.R Son
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017   XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 5:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 7L9rrvP

LIVE FROM: Scottrade Center, St. Louis, Missouri
DEADLINE: 4:30 P.M. EST / 9:30 P.M. GMT

*NOTE* The XWL BREAKTHROUGH arena is up for download to be used for matches during the show. The arena was made by Zack (Gamertag: AZackToRemember). Remember that you will need to create a show using the XWL BREAKTHROUGH arena in order to use it online.
]

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 AP3gyeL

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 JQrT7rU

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 GblYz9V

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 RZ1LPEW

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 S5Qi2pi

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 MzXyyBH

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Xqlm9Fs

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 ULA1i0J

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 SiThc8O

MAIN EVENT

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 2JUBCVK
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
BOFA
Mid Card
BOFA

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017   XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 9:49 am

Breakthrough continues as cameras cut to an aerial shot of the ring and stage as someone's theme starts to play.

Scott Steiner comes down the ramp with his freaks while taunting and insults fans in the front row. Steiner makes his way around the ring and grabs the mic from the guy at ringside. Then Steiner enters the ring with his freaks.

STEINER
Now, I'm gonna make this short and sweet.  I am the man to beat in XWL right now. I came in here and kicked a bunch of asses.  I came in here looking to compete but all I see in the back are a bunch of wimps. So with that being said I am giving anyone in the back or in this arena right now to step in the ring with a real man. Now before anyone makes the mistake of stepping in the ring with me. I'm gonna give out a warning. Whoever steps in this ring tonight better call their momma because they will get hurt and they stand no chance against the BIG BAD BOOTY DADDY.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Scott-steiner-freaks

STEINER
So next victim come on down!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Steiner1
W
A
R
N
I
N
G

Steiner celebrates yet another victory and leans over the ropes and shouts at ringside.

STEINER
GIMME A FUCKIN MIC!

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 ELw6Gf

STEINER
That was a good try but no chance against the GENETIC FREAK. I wanna know who's next.

Suddenly a video pops up on the titantron.

The video ends as Scott Steiner looks confused.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Scott+Steiner+WCW+Freaks+Midajah+07

Steiner exits the ring and goes up the ramp and to the back wondering what that video package was all about as Breakthrough cuts to the next segment.

Last edited by BOFA on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017   XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 10:29 am

*Kevin Owens is shown roaming the backstage area.  He's approached by an interviewer who stops him in his tracks.  Owens is not amused by the interruption.*

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 FvR3AXJ

[Interviewer]
Kevin Owens can I-

*Owens aggressively cuts him off mid-sentence.*

[Kevin Owens]
Who the hell are you?  Do they just pick you guys from off the street or are you manufactured in a warehouse somewhere?

[Interviewer]
No, I-

[Kevin Owens]
Never mind, I really don't care what your name is.  Just ask whatever you have to ask and get it over with.

*The interviewer is clearly intimidated by the hostility and stammers through his questions.*

[Interviewer]
Okay um... Kevin... tonight you're not scheduled to be here but you've shown up to the arena... is there a reason why you're here tonight?  And last week on Anarchy you didn't show up for your scheduled triple threat match between Samoa Joe and John Bradshaw Layfield.  Can you explain why?

*Owens sighs.*

[Kevin Owens]
Again with the stupid questions... are you guys employed to be as dumb as you can be?  Isn't it obvious?  You can't have a pay-per-view named Breakthrough without Kevin Owens on the show, because, like I've been saying... this, right now, since my return... is MY breakthrough.

[Kevin Owens]
I may not have a match tonight, that's true.  But I can be here right?  I am an employee of XWL after all which means I am allowed to be here...  And unlike you, I have something called friends in the locker room which I want to catch up with during this busy holiday season and to spread all the love and cheer I have in my heart for everyone around this place.

[Kevin Owens]
And as for last week?  I already beat JBL two weeks ago so why was I in a match with him again?  I don't care if Samoa Joe was added into the mix to make it a triple threat... he's irrelevant.  So I decided to be the good family man that I am, and I took the night off to finish up my Christmas shopping for my wonderful family and spend some quality time with my son.  

[Kevin Owens]
Now if you don't mind, I'm kinda busy right now.  I always am when you decide to bug me, I swear you guys plan it on purpose.  Please, just leave now.  You're annoying me.  Go.

*The interviewer quickly flees the scene as Owens shakes his head.  The screen fades to the next segment of this historic Breakthrough show...*

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017   XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 11:10 am

*The following image is displayed on-screen while the Anarchy theme plays in the background.*

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 IovkLnx

[Mauro Ranallo]
Earlier tonight, Nikki Bella took to Instagram to give the XWL Universe a message!

[Corey Graves]
As you can see Nikki is all fired up and focused heading into 2017... I just hope she realises how tough the competition is in the womens division right now.  You need only look at the title match earlier tonight as proof of that.

[Mauro Ranallo]
2016 has been a tough year for Nikki Bella that's for sure, and her return hasn't exactly gone to plan for the Fearless one thus far.  But 2017 is a new year and there'll be new opportunities for Nikki I'm sure.  And at least through it all she's remaining positive!

[Corey Graves]
Positivity can only get you so far Mauro...  

*Breakthrough continues...*

Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017   XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 11:13 am

I feel like I would be a lot more harsh towards Nikki than that.
C'mon man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017   XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 11:15 am

Shuggz wrote:
C'mon man.

I had limited characters!

Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017   XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 11:29 am

Jerrriko wrote:
Shuggz wrote:
C'mon man.

I had limited characters!

At least you had the correct mindset so I forgive you!
Back to top Go down
BOFA
Mid Card
BOFA

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017   XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 2:27 pm

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 MzXyyBH

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

Y
O
U

H
A
V
E

B
E
E
N

W
A
R
N
E
D

R Truth jumps down from the ladder with the $10,000 briefcase not even celebrating and rolls out of the ring and grabs his Money In The Bank Briefcase that was near the entrance ramp and quickly gets the hell out of the arena jumping over the barricade and through the crowd with both briefcases. Meanwhile, JBL grabs his hat as XWL Breakthrough goes to the next segment.

I love run on sentences, and I didn't feel like being grammatically correct.
Back to top Go down
T-Roll
Upper Mid Card
T-Roll

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017   XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 2:39 pm

"Herpy Derpy"

"Michelle McCool is better"

and my fave

"I used to like wrestling" were fucking golden.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017   XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 2:48 pm

Great stuff by everyone that's contributed! Gregg giving me shades of Eve Torres' tweets back on IGN A little reminder as we draw to the end of 2016's last special event...that for our points system a full review of the show would net you 25 points so...if you've got some spare time I know some people would love to get some feedback on their stuff!
Back to top Go down
Harmon
Mid Card
Harmon

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017   XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 3:13 pm

Rebecca steps out onto the stage as a piano is now there.

.:Corey Graves:.
It looks like it's finally time for Brother vs Brother... Will Broken Matt Hardy succeed in his goal to render Brother Nero obsolete...

.:Mauro Ranallo:.
Don't you dare touch that remote, because things are about to get very interesting.

The fans begin to cheer as she takes a seat in front of the piano. A brief moment passes she begins playing a song as Broken Matt's Titantron begins playing on the big screen.

Broken Matt emerges from behind the curtain arms extended wide.

.:A Broken Matt Hardy:.
AHAHAHHAHA YES!! The time has finally arrived!

Broken Matt turns to Rebecca playing the piano.

AHHH! Yes your mastery of eighty-eight keys are Absolutely WONDERFUL!

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_oehbwz3xSx1u1ljrzo1_540  

He begins walking down the ramp full of confidence in his self as he starts yelling

DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!

Now standing infront of the ring. Broken Matt climbs onto the apron, and gets into the ring. He picks up a mic, and raises it to his lips to speak.

Ahhhh Yes! I see the Broken Universe is out in full force today! Tonight you all shall witness to the downfall of Jeff Hardy, and the rise of Brother Nero as he accepts his OBSOLETION! Now let's not drag this out any longer... Brother Nero get your ass out here DESTINY AWAITS!

Jeff Hardy walks out on to the ramp as Rebecca begins shouting at him

.:Rebecca Hardy:.
OBSOLETE! OBSOLETE! OBSOLETE!

Jeff looks at her, and look anger crosses the face of Jeff he immediately runs down the ramp. He slides into the ring and jumps Broken Matt out of pure anger.

.:Mauro Ranallo:.
If these two aren't backed up here we aren't gonna have a match...

The ref spilts the two men apart and are backed up from each other, and put into their respective corners.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 ULA1i0J

TO BE CONTINUED...

Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017   XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 4:30 pm

[LILLIAN GARCIA]
The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the World Heavyweight Championship!

Lillian lowers her microphone and takes a step back. The crowd is hot and ready for the main event of tonight's show, most of them showing some clear favoritism to the Golden Ticket (and most likely the least likely to win the match according to the betting odds). He was the hometown hero after all and you couldn't find a single person in the audience who wanted one of the other two to win over Matt Sydal. Then the lights go out in the arena and the crowd drifts off into a silence... a silence that was broken once a song by the world famous Metallica that's synonymous with only one man on the current XWL roster.

A lone spotlight circled the arena, lighting up parts of the crowd as the circle flashed over them before quickly moving on. The once cheering fans turned to boos as they knew who would be the first of the three to be making his entrance. With the recent change of perspective when it came to Matt Sydal, this was the new most hated man in XWL today. The former World Heavyweight Champion and without a doubt one of the most dominant and scary men to ever step foot inside of a XWL ring. Lights in the arena joined the spotlight as they began to flicker to the beat of the drum in the song once that part of 'Enter Sandman' kicked in.

[MAURO RANALLO]
The feeling in the arena always changes whenever Brock Lesnar arrives. Brock
Lesnar just has this aura to him that not a lot of men can match.

[COREY GRAVES]
I'm sure AJ Styles and Matt Sydal will certainly be feeling something after
tonight. This is Brock Lesnar in an Unsanctioned match, Mauro. This is right
up his alley. This match was made for a guy like him.

More lights above had turned on and the arena was lit a little more, but it was still rather dark in the Scottrade Center. And the song continued to draw on with it's rather long intro that felt like an eternity but the beginning rift was only about a minute long. Once that minute long point hit, and the song itself reached a new level of intensity, the arena lit up in a flash of bright lights as out from behind the curtain emerged the (proclaimed by Paul Heyman) Most Dangerous Athlete in the Company right now, the Beast Incarnate, The Conqueror, The Mayor of Suplex City, The Top of the Food Chain, Brock Lesnar and to no surprise, he was met with more boos from the crowd. He was joined on the stage by Heyman moments later who moved to stand to the Beast's left.

[MAURO RANALLO]
Fun fact, Corey: the last time Brock Lesnar came out to this theme song? Brock
became out new World Heavyweight Champion. Perhaps lighting might strike twice?

[COREY GRAVES]
And Brock Lesnar is surely going to ride the lighting right back up to the top of XWL.

His signature bounce began atop the stage with eyes that were locked on that ring. Heyman let his explore the arena that was full of men and women who supported the Golden Ticket, which only made Heyman laugh. And when Brock lifted his hands and slammed them back down, slicing them through the tense air that clouded the arena, a series of fireworks exploded to his left and right which lit up the dim arena and caused for a lot of noise. With confidence and reason in his step, and Heyman not far behind him, the Beast Incarnate began his march down the ramp and to the squared circle in front of him. Each long step led him closer and closer to his hunting ground, the place where he'd meet two familiar prey in a couple of moments. The former Heavyweight Champion reached the bottom of the ramp and stopped in his tracks. Finally his eyes turned about to the sea of people in attendance for the first time since he made his way out from behind the curtain. Brock Lesnar was left unphased by them all, despite their little booing, thumbs down and signs that supported others that weren't him. But his attention shot back to the ring as he once again bounced like normal which led to the Conqueror leaping up onto the apron and from the turnbuckles shot a blast of fireworks.

[COREY GRAVES]
I'm excited, Mauro! This match is gonna be huge! And best of all? We'll get to the Beast
Incarnate squash not just Matt Sydal like the little roach he is, but also AJ Styles.

Heyman stepped up the steel steps and stepped into the ring after Brock Lesnar stepped through the ropes. Heyman took a stand in the center of the ring as Brock Lesnar circled the ring in a slower paced walk with eyes that were locked to the stage as he could almost smell his prey getting ready to make their way down to cash in their one way golden ticket to Suplex City.

As the arena goes dark following the entrance of The Beast the tron lights up and we see nothing but a dimly lit library, and a shadowy figure is walking through what looks like never ending rows of bookcases. Her hand glides along the shelves until something catches her eye. She looks up, and sees a book, not just any book, it's quite different from the others. While the rest were browns, tans, blacks, and other dreary colors...this one, glistened through the darkness, it was gold. She reaches up grabbing the book and then begins to walk away. Curious as to what she's chosen, especially due to it's uniquely bold hardback, we follow her. She reaches a rocking chair, then takes a seat and lets out a sigh.

[Narrator]
Let me tell you a story, a tale of a man...a man, that with one touch, could turn everything to gold.

Her hands begin to open up the book, and she turns to the first page.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 QBw75Ov

[Narrator]
There once was a man, a man that called himself Evan. This man always thought he was destined to be great, but no matter how great he believed himself to be, nobody saw greatness in him. No, he was too small, too weak, to ever be...anything other than a man with dreams.

The page turns, and we see a black and white photograph, showing the man in question climbing a ladder, as he reached for The United States Championship.

[Narrator]
After literally climbing the ladder of success, Evan stood on top of the mountaintop, The United States Champion. A championship that unlocked something in him, the desire to not only be great but bring greatness to a championship where it had long been lost. A silly dream, a dream that yet again, not one person saw as anything else. After fourteen successful defenses, he did the unthinkable...the improbable. He challenged for the highest throne, a throne many deemed him unworthy to sit in. The World Heavyweight Championship was the crown that every man sought after, but very few were worthy to have. After facing off against every champion in an all out fight, Sir Evan....became KING.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Dj4u4sC

As the next page is turned, we see his name engraved on the highest prize one man could ever hope to have as his own, The World Heavyweight Championship.

[Narrator]
With history made, with his story having an unthought of happy ending. King Evan vowed to bring even more greatness, to what was already so great. Many laughed in his face, many vowed to crush his hopes...and the many that said he'd fail, ironically fell to their own knees, bowing before the king they failed to dethrone. Because of this, and many other reasons, including his attitude and strong belief in himself...Evan was not a popular king, in fact...he was the most hated in the land, both out of envy and due to his own arrogance, nobody wanted to see him succeed. Let alone to be the one to take the crown that was The World Heavyweight Championship, to even greater heights. But after 197 days....when the king finally fell, he had done just that. Setting a record, he vowed...would never be broken, would never be surpassed.

The next page shows Evan heading into battle on the last night of his historic reign. The World Heavyweight Championship raised above his head, The King of The Ring at that time, showed his crown off proudly.

[Narrator]
Shortly after his downfall, The King took his leave. Fleeing to lands far off...in search of new kingdoms to conquer, new challenges to overcome, new adversaries to defeat. He felt lost, he felt like he had done all he was destined to do in the kingdom known as XWL. He changed his name, he put his past behind him and prepared to start anew as Matt Sydal. So for five years, Matt beat the best, he brought new championships to new heights, he honed his craft in ways he never knew he needed to. It was the next chapter of his life, and he'd never look back. At least, that's what he thought. Until one night, as he laid awake in bed...visions began to run wild in his head. Visions so unclear, he couldn't tell if they were memories of the past or dreams he didn't realize he was having.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 SGiW4XZ

Her hand turns the page, and we see two images. One that shows the throne he once called his, but there's a darkness surrounding it. The second shows Matt laying in bed, with a multitude of images appearing all around him. Flashbacks of his time in XWL with The World Heavyweight Championship. Glimmers of gold images that can't be made out, and a strange eerie shadow reaching from one end of the room to the world title that rested on a throne from the other side. The image makes us as confused as he himself had to be.  

[Narrator]
The throne called to him, it said....something was coming, something threatened to undo all he had done. But these were merely late night dreams, how true could they be? He shook his head, professed he shouldn't have partaken in that late night snack before bed and went back to bed. But while that may have remedied the situation that evening, the next night...there was no shutting his eyes, he couldn't just ignore it. For the visions came back, stronger, and far too real to believe. A figure, on the throne he himself once held. This shadow was quite peculiar looking, for he was completely engulfed in shadows, his face hidden, and dark aura emanated around him. He couldn't make heads or tails of it, was this self-reflection? Did he suddenly have regret over being such a hated king? Something was calling him back, and it wasn't taking no for an answer.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 O8uuxo5

The shadow atop the throne is the next image we see, their identity is unknown, and that's what makes this all so confusing to him.  

[Narrator]
So he returned, to the land, he never thought he would...with visions of gold. Still unable to explain what brought him back, almost going through the motions, trying to be the man he was all those years ago...but he failed, he failed to be that man, because he no longer was. Falling into old habits did nothing but set him back. He was living in the past, frustration set in. Maybe he missed XWL, maybe he manifested these "dreams" because he wanted to come back. Maybe that figure on the throne was him...yearning to get back to being King. Or maybe he made such a drastic decision to come back based off silly dreams, and had made such a grave mistake? That he didn't miss it, he was happy with his new life, he had no interest in taking part in the same story as before. He didn't want to get lost in the past, he wanted to set forth his future, XWL's future. And he was the ticket to that future. The Longest Reigning King in XWL history had finally tapped into what was in him all along. He was no longer just Evan or Matt, he was...The Golden Ticket To The Future Of XWL. For everything he touched, turned to gold...gold...gold.

Matt's hands glow gold in the next picture, an extraordinary sight...but the people around him are just laughing, finding amusement in it, rather than finding it profound.

[Narrator]
Of course, such claims were met with laughter, he wasn't the famous King Midas, he was a man, an ordinary man, nothing more. But deep down, while they doubted it, he knew otherwise. He was the key to the future, and although no one believed it, he was in fact, right. A new King had just taken the throne, defeating a man that was known only as a conqueror. A mighty beast of a man, that ate, slept and conquered repeatedly. A beast Matt himself wanted to conquer, but this new king had beaten him to the punch, a man known as AJ Styles. Phenomenal in name, he had lost battle after battle to this beast that year, but this was his crowning moment. He finally beat him, and this did not please Matt. He stole the crown for his own, sending a message that he would be coming for it, that it....was his. Giving the new World Heavyweight Champion no time to enjoy the spoils of his victory. Matt suddenly felt complete, just having it in his hands, it felt as if...this was what brought him back, sitting on the throne again, carrying the most prestigious honor within his hands.

Gold radiating from his hands, surrounding The World Heavyweight Championship as it rested in his hands is the image we see next.

[Narrator]
But then, the true king, the one that still held the throne, came back for his crown. Phenomenal in name, AJ Styles would not take the theft of his crown lightly, no...he took it as the greatest dishonor, as if Matt had spit in his face, and he had to pay. Not just pay, but pay greatly...so great, that he would rue the day he disrespected him. So what started as a literal knocking of Matt off his throne, escalated into an all-out fight with the new king, the former king, and the man who aspired to once again be king.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 YgaR2bE

The image that follows shows The Beast Incarnate, The Phenomenal One, and The Golden Ticket's most dangerous weapons. The Kimura Lock that started Brock's dominance over AJ when he forced him to tap out in their first encounter, The Golden Star Press that earned Matt most of his championships, and The Calf Killer, the hold that put Matt's career in jeopardy.

[Narrator]
However, what seemed to be a simple brawl, almost lead to his undoing. For this new king, was not like any other before him. He only cared about keeping the throne, not upholding its honor. To the people, he was expected to be a noble king, one they could be proud of. But his actions on his first official night as king changed everything. He had no interest in competing against his potential successor...no, he only wanted to hurt him, to maim him. And so, he did. So it was written in his head, so it indeed was. With malice in his eyes, The Phenomenal King did everything in his power to disqualify Matt from being able to compete for his crown. Suddenly, as Sir Matt laid there, with tears in his eyes, injured, his future now more uncertain than ever....the visions, became clear.

With a turn of the page, there's no text on the next two pages...instead, we see everything as clear as he himself now saw it. For the image of the mysterious man on the throne is once more before us...except now, their identity is unmistakable. The darkness surrounding the throne, the evil threatening to undo all the good he brought to it, the man that his visions warned him of a year ago was the same one that now called the kingdom his, AJ Styles.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 XAmXjwy

The second image shows AJ laughing as he holds The World Heavyweight Championship. Darkness emanates from him, and the powerful image really explains the gravity of the situation Matt now found himself in.

[Narrator]
The shadow corrupting the throne in his dreams was very real. Dreams that no one, not even himself truly believed...were living, breathing nightmares. The hero we once rooted for, was the evil that threatened to bring about a dark age. A darkness had overtaken the kingdom Matt once ruled, and it was up to him to put a stop to it. For now, the once most hated man in the land, was the one they turned to...to save them, and all of XWL. Although he was in no shape to, Matt Sydal was The Golden Ticket To The Future Of XWL...and he vowed to live up to his name.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 5CAMv07

We see a knight riding off into battle, heading into the dark kingdom to fight a battle where the very fate of XWL depended on him. As his gold cape flutters in the wind behind him, we recognize that man to be Matt Sydal himself. The room goes dark, the candles blow out, and the only sight we see is the golden book wide open. Pages begin to fly past at a rapid rate, and the last image got a glimpse of, shows the hand of a man, a man raising The World Heavyweight Championship into the air. But the page passes too fast for us to see who was raising it, was it Matt? Was it Brock? Or did The Golden One fail us, and did the darkness maintain it's hold over the throne? Was it AJ? With storytime over, we were going to have to watch it all play out to get that answer.

[MAURO RANALLO]
What an incredible story, a story that truly proves how important tonight's match is for Matt Sydal

[COREY GRAVES]
It's going to take more than fairytales to decide the outcome of this match.

St. Louis is electric after the story, strong crowd. Though our vision is blinded now that the tron has once more shut off, we can feel it in the air...The Golden Ticket to our future is near. As we wait, patiently, still cheering, still screaming out, still chanting a mix of "Matt Sydal!" and "Gold! Gold Gold!" until at last...through the blackness, an arch lights up gold on the stage. IMMEDIATELY our ears are blown by a massive pop. Because this arch, is no normal arch...no...we're in St. Louis, and it's a damn near perfect replica of the famous Gateway Arch. We're not sure where in the hell it came from, we're too focused on watching one of the most impressive entrances in wrestling today. He always manages to top himself, and somehow, the St. Louis Native has indeed once again done just that.  

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 W2qd3QV

[MAURO RANALLO]
Mama mia, what a sight to behold!

[COREY GRAVES]
How the mighty have fallen, pandering to St. Louis like this...

[MAURO RANALLO]
Pandering? He's proud to represent St. Louis tonight, and he's being quite symbolic, for he himself believes he is the gateway, to our future.

The arch remains illuminated in gold, as the once black screen on the stage begins to light up. "EVERYTHING" appears...and as quick as it appears, the fans shout it out as well, no voiceover from Matt Sydal himself needed because they've done it for him.  

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 EBY4oIG

As the word fades, another appears, and right on cue, St. Louis shouts "I TOUCH!" it's a massive difference from what we had gotten used to. You used to hear groans, boos, and insults hurled out during this time from fans, but now...now they find themselves taking part in the over the top introduction. 

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 StB3oKw

"TURNS TO!" follows from The Scottrade Center, more fans have joined in this time, finding themselves bitten by the gold bug.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 QbEdAFj

The words vanish, and excitement once again starts to build through the darkness that's only broken by the golden gateway arch on the stage. Cheers are the only sound that can be heard, we bet Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar are rolling their eyes right about now...but the good thing is the lights are shut off so we don't have to stare at their ugly mugs! The cheers are broken up by the echoed sound of soundbites from Matt Sydal's entrance music. "EVERYTHING....EVERYTHING....EVERYTHING!" the fans follow shouting "EVERYTHING...EVERYTHING...EVERYTHING!"  "I TOUCH....I TOUCH....I TOUCH!" yet again they follow along "I TOUCH...I TOUCH...I TOUCH!" the familiar song clip continues "TURNS TO....TURNS TO....TURNS TO....by now the fans have gotten completely in sync, shouting the words as they play.  

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 1T0ET3p

As the literally GOLD "Gold" appears on the tron, illuminating the pitch black surroundings, everyone themselves shout "GOLD!" but not just once...no they continually begin to chant it to the rooftops. "GOLD....GOLD....GOLD....GOLD....GOLD....GOLD...GOLD...it's at this moment we realize the clip didn't play when we thought it was, and their own chanting is broken up by the cvlip of his theme "GOLD...GOLD...GOLD!!!" it fills our ears and what was a gold chant became nothing but cheers. Literal specs of pure gold begin to rain down at the top of the stage from the arch, it's a magnificently gold display that we can't look away from.

[COREY GRAVES]
Doesn't this guy realize he's holding up The Main-Event?

[MAURO RANALLO]
St. Louis seems to be quite enamoured with it.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 O1APRhq

A panhandler's dream is ours as well, as the golden shower of pyrotechnics rains down on the stage. It's a heavy downfall of gold and our anticipation is now at it's highest point. Cheers on top of cheers, we can't take it anymore, we want his infectious music that we went from hating to loving to hate...to now just straight loving to finally hit. And after far too long of a break, so long that we just couldn't take the wait any longer....it begins to play, connecting all the previous sound bites and filling our ears with GOLD.

The ramp lights up in a LED Display, with the words of his entrance music appearing in sync with the theme itself. It's at this moment, that we see a figure standing on top of the stage, behind the golden arch that showers the stage with never a never ending pyrotechnic storm. His back is to the camera, and his white jacket with gold shoulder pads, shoulder pads that we saw were golden tickets earlier in his interview with Charly Caruso...is unmistakable. If we didn't see him then, we certainly do now because a gold spotlight angled at the stage lights up, and we see him perfectly, drowned in all sorts of gold lights from the arch, to the pyro, to the spotlight itself...it's our resident Midas himself. The back of his jacket has the gold glittered words "He Don't Want None."

[COREY GRAVES]
I bet he thinks he's so clever...well I don't want none of this obnoxious entrance.

[MAURO RANALLO]
In all fairness Corey, AJ did try to end his career to avoid facing him, it's safe to say he indeed didn't want none, and now he'll sure get some.

As he spins around, we see a bit of a worrisome sight, unlike earlier he's standing with the aid of his gold crutches. Cheers somewhat die down, concerned over this...but then symbolically he brings then together lifting them up and snaps them on the ground to a tremendously excited pop from the audience. The pyrotechnics stop falling, and although you can tell his limp is still there, he steps through the gateway arch, prepared for the future that awaits him in that ring. His walk is slow, his eyes are staring all around the arena, feeling pumped by the fan's energy, and by his own hype over tonight's match. It's not going to be easy, it's going to be downright foolish of him to step into that ring and compete tonight when he's far from one hundred percent...but as we prepare to enter a new year...he has only one resolution, to save our future, and as he's said....XWL has no future with a man like AJ Styles representing it. So he reaches the ring, and instead of leaping it into, he rolls under the bottom rope, and hops to his feet. With the use of the ropes he ascends to the second rope, motioning around his waist that The World Heavyweight Championship will be his.  

The lights in the arena dim down to a dark shade of blue and the anticipation slowly begins to build within the arena, 2 of the 3 men competing in this unsanctioned match are already in the ring, but there's still one man to come out, and that man is the Phenomenal One, the World Heavyweight Champion himself, AJ Styles. The fans may not like the guy these days, but they're excited for this match nonetheless because they know it's likely to be an instant classic.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Normal_a0004

The trons light up with the color blue and fill out with some of AJ's logos including a giant P1 that's front and center for the world to see. The crowd, as you can expect, are booing the sound of AJ's theme song out of the arena, so much to the point, that you can't even tell that AJ's rocking a slightly different version of his theme song tonight, he's used it a few times in the past including his entrance at Emergence a few months back, but AJ usually only opts to bust this version of his theme out on special occasions, and I'm sure in AJ's mind, tonight is just that, a special occasion where he fully expects and intends to retain his World Heavyweight Championship.

AJ Styles steps through the curtain and walks out onto the stage with his World Heavyweight Championship belt strapped around his waist, his arms extended, and his head down and being covered by the hood of his hoodie.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Normal_vlcsnap-2016-12-28-17h25m27s037

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Normal_vlcsnap-2016-12-28-17h25m28s846

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Normal_vlcsnap-2016-12-28-17h25m31s642

AJ's theme song reaches the point where AJ's pyro usually erupts along the trons, however, this time the pyro does not go off, in fact, the song cuts off completely as AJ stands completely still and in place on top of the stage. Suddenly in a quick and instantaneous motion, AJ breaks his frozen stance and fires off 2 simultaneous gun taunts towards the ring clearly aimed at both Lesnar and Sydal. As soon as AJ fires off the gun taunts a huge machine gun like set of pyro begins to erupt on the stage all around AJ, the pyro goes on for about 10 seconds before AJ flips his hood up and extends his arms causing the machine gun like pyro to unleash 2 huge blue sets of pyro that go flying into the trons causing one big finale explosion of combined pyro from the stage and trons that bring AJ's music back to life.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Normal_a0013

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Normal_vlcsnap-2016-12-28-17h25m41s025

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Normal_vlcsnap-2016-12-28-17h25m43s787

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Normal_vlcsnap-2016-12-28-17h25m53s941

AJ proceeds down the ramp with his World Heavyweight Championship belt firmly around his waist. AJ takes no time so suck up to these fans anymore, so he completely ignores the people who are trying to stick their hands out in an effort to get him to acknowledge them. AJ turns the corner and reaches the steps, he uses his right hand to pound his fist into the steps a few times in an effort to get himself fired up and ready for this contest. AJ then walks up the steps and out onto the ring apron where he proceeds to put his back towards Lesnar and Sydal to antagonize the crowd a little by forming and showing off the P1 logo on his gloves. AJ then enters the ring, but rather then do his usual spin and run towards the other side of the ring motion to pose routine, AJ just opts to form his P1 logo with his gloves near the side of the ring he entered.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Normal_vlcsnap-2016-12-28-17h26m14s852

AJ then proceeds to back into his corner and dish out a cocky smile that is clearly aimed at both Sydal and Lesnar. AJ unhooks his title belt from his waist and places it over his shoulder.

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 2JUBCVK

Be

Fore

Y

Ou

S
cro

ll

A
n

Y

Fur

Ther

Checkoutthissickminuteofaction

https://youtu.be/wqRaxNVeDGM?t=3868

Kay

Spoilers now

As the bell sounds all that can be heard over the catchy golden tune of our New World Heavyweight Champion are the cheers, the cheers that are made up of proud people seeing one of their own reach the top of the mountaintop. Others that weren't fans before recently, but after seeing what he went through to get to this stage, they can't help but cheer, to be happy for him because he could have just sat at home until he got better...instead, he chose to fight, fight even when he knew he shouldn't. Fight for the integrity of The World Heavyweight Championship, and as he lays there, emotionally and physically spent...you know how much this victory means to him, what he put on the line to attain it.

[MAURO RANALLO]
HE'S DONE IT! MATT SYDAL IS THE NEW XWL WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

[COREY GRAVES]
I can't believe it...HOW? The man could barely walk down that ramp, how in the world did he last over an hour in there, let alone WIN?!

[MAURO RANALLO]
He was hell-bent on dethroning AJ Styles, and that type of motivation can drive a man to do some pretty incredible things.

[COREY GRAVES]
This is unbelieveable, he actually did it?!

AJ rolls out of the ring collapsing to the floor, frustrated, and beaten...Brock had returned to Paul's side, only leaving Matt Sydal sitting there, grabbing at his leg, looking up into the air in absolute disbelief. The referee retrieves his prize from the timekeeper, then with a smile on his face presents The World Heavyweight Championship to its new holder. The title sits in Matt's hands, resting in his lap it's almost too impossible to be true. Is this just another dream? Another vision? No...this is reality, the reality that after nearly having his career come to an end five weeks ago, he now has what he wanted most. With the referee's help Matt "stands" hobbled a bit, but with a bright smile on his face. The World Heavyweight Championship is hoisted into the air, and his eyes gaze up at it longingly.  

[MAURO RANALLO]
As we approach a New Year, we have NEW World Heavyweight Champion to ring it in.

[COREY GRAVES]
I just can't believe he actually did it.

[MAURO RANALLO]
Matt's made a career out of making believers out of everyone. They say he can't, so he does. And tonight at Breakthrough, he indeed has.

The official checks on Matt to make sure he's okay to stand alone, then he leaves him to his well-deserved celebration. Matt stands there, unable to really put weight on his bad leg, but that doesn't matter. Because all that matters in this moment is that all the pain, all the blood, all the sweat, the tears shed...it was all worth it. The Golden Ticket to XWL's future was now indeed exactly that. Heading forth into 2017, ushering in a new day. He tries to take a step forward, but his collapses to his knees, he's beyond exhausted, he gave this match all he had, and beyond that. The World Title rests in both of his hands, he hasn't stopped staring at it, just as the fans haven't stopped cheering his victory.  

[MAURO RANALLO]
These three gentlemen put on a classic here tonight, it was unsanctioned, anything was allowed, and EVERYTHING was left inside that squared circle.

[COREY GRAVES]
That's one thing I can't deny, AJ Styles, Brock Lesnar, and Matt Sydal just gave 2016 one last Match of The Year candidate.

[MAURO RANALLO]
I can't tell you how many times I thought AJ was about to retain, or Brock was about to regain. The heart, the willpower, and the strength put on display was simply remarkable.

[COREY GRAVES]
In a Triple Threat Match the champion is usually at a disadvantage because he doesn't have to be pinned to lose his title...but despite his best efforts...he WAS the one pinned, and that can't sit well with him at all.

[MAURO RANALLO]
It just goes to show you the level of talent that was in the ring tonight, any of them could have won but in the end...although his claf was crushed Matt Syal is able to raise The World Heavyweight Title into the air and shout HERE IT IS!

With his last ounce of strength, he staggers to his feet, throws The World Title over his shoulder, then goes over to the corner rather unsteadily, and hops onto the second rope staring out into the masses of cheering fans. This isn't a feeling he's used to, all he's heard for most of 2016 is nothing but boos. Seething hatred, signs in support of whoever was against him, not in support of himself. But what he sees now, are many many signs, Golden Ticket signs, loud cheers...a budding "You Deserve It!" chant. It's all so foreign to him, and he can't really process it. Matt just stands there with a smile, displaying his newly won World Heavyweight Championship with pride.  

XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 7taK1Ti

This is a moment befitting the end of the year already, but in true Matt Sydal fashion, a simple victory is not befitting who he is. Which is why seconds later an extravagant display of pyrotechnics blast off on all sides of the stage. Gold, of course, much like the confetti that starts to fall from the rafters. As fans reach out we find that they're not just your average wave of confetti, they're little golden tickets. All we see is gold, from the gold on his shoulder, to the massive amount of confetti raining down on all of us. Matt's hand swipes one of the tickets out of the air, then he raises it up with a grin and shouts "I TOLD YOU! YOU WANTED PROOF, WELL HERE IT IS! I AM YOUR GOLDEN TICKET AND THIS...." he lifts The World Title for all to see "THIS...IS THE FUTURE!" The Scottrade Center keeps cheering, as their champion stands tall bringing the final show of 2016 to an end.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017   XWL Breakthrough:  12/19/2016  -  1/2/2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Breakthrough: 12/19/2016 - 1/2/2017
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2