Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL.com Exclusive: Ed Gonzalez actively recruiting talent.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ed Go
New Talent

XWL.com Exclusive: Ed Gonzalez actively recruiting talent. Empty
PostSubject: XWL.com Exclusive: Ed Gonzalez actively recruiting talent.   XWL.com Exclusive: Ed Gonzalez actively recruiting talent. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 11:51 am

The camera goes live and it shows Ed Gonzalez walking about as he looks over his shoulder and into the camera to address the XWL fans.

[Ed Gonzalez]
At XWL Roulette, I shocked many people by merely showing up in an XWL arena. I didn’t come to make a little bit of noise or to be just another spoke on the wheel. I meant what I said when I mentioned that I want to forever leave my mark on XWL. I watched Roulette first hand and I have already begun a recruiting process of my own. I am set to be the greatest manager in wrestling history and I damn well will succeed.

Ed enters a room as he seems to be headed to a meeting of sorts as he looks around for someone. Ed then continues to talk.

[Ed Gonzalez]
I have so many options as to who may be a good choice for me to represent and work with and take to the promise land. I’m looking at everyone on the roster and I got a good feeling about where to start. I mean there are the champions, but maybe I may want more of a challenge than going after the established superstars. We’ll see though, because the last thing I want to do is limit myself to certain superstars, but I am watching everyone. Who knows, maybe Bobby Roode, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Kruger, Hardy, R-Truth, Sydal… The list goes on and on and after Roulette, I know where people stand in XWL. So once this little hiatus is over, I’ll be getting straight to business, and speaking of business, it’s time to take care of some business as the man I’m here to meet today is here.

Ed sees a man at a table and he walks over to him and greets him. The camera zooms out and shows the man to be wrestling Hall of Famer, Bret Hart. The camera then shows Ed taking a seat next to Bret, as both men greet each other and shake hands.

XWL.com Exclusive: Ed Gonzalez actively recruiting talent. S0ym8x

[Ed Gonzalez]
Bret, my man, thanks coming down today. How you been?

[Bret Hart]
No worries, Ed… Any time, I’m here. We go way back. I’ve been well. How about yourself?

[Ed Gonzalez]
Glad to hear, and I’m doing good. I just joined XWL recently and I have a new purpose. I want to become the greatest manager in the history of wrestling. Obviously, you know a little bit about managers as you had the Mouth of the South, Jimmy Hart as your manager once upon a time.

[Bret Hart]
Yeah, Jimmy, boy was he a character. He managed me and my brother in-law, Jim Neidhart as the Hart Foundation. We were very successful with a number of tag team championships to our credit and Jimmy was a solid piece of that puzzle. So yeah, I believe in you Ed and I think you can become a great manager. I guess for myself, why do you want to become a manager?

[Ed Gonzalez]
Well, I’ve always been a fan of wrestling and I think managing can be my undisputed legacy. Sure, I could get in the ring and win championship after championship, but that would be boring because I would ascend to the top and everyone else would just quit and I’d have no one to compete against and I’d just have to retire as the best. Anyhow, instead of going down that bland route or being a nobody cares commentator or even after becoming a great interviewer, I figure managing would give me the most fulfillment in this business. I love wrestling and want this business to continue to grow and I couldn’t think of a better way for me to contribute than to help mold the future and take certain competitors under my wing and guarantee greatness in wrestling for years to come.

[Bret Hart]
I can understand that frame of mind that you’re in. I didn’t call myself the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be for nothing. I believed it and wanted to prove it each and every night around the globe. You got a lot of confidence in you, and I respect that. So there’s been a lot of great influential managers in the business, do you think you can compare to the greats?

[Ed Gonzalez]
Not only do I think I can compare, but I have no doubt in my mind that I will become the greatest manager of all time. Head and shoulders above the rest, without question or debate because that is my purpose and with the pool of talent in XWL today, there’s no doubt that I can get there. Look, I declared myself as a manager at Roulette and I’m already in the top five of the best managers of all time and I don’t have a single client yet.

[Bret Hart]
Top five? That’s quite bold, my friend. Who else is in that top five with you?

[Ed Gonzalez]
It’s not bold when it’s a fact.  The top five is simple, and I’ll be humble and say that I’m number five. Four is the late great Mr. Fuji, three is Jimmy Hart, two is Paul Heyman and number one is obviously Bobby the brain Heenan. That list may be controversial, but honestly, it’s the truth. No one can touch Bobby right now and there may never be another Brain in the managing business, except for me. Bobby is on the tail end of life but I am going to bring prestige back to the title of manager and I won’t stop because I simply can not be stopped.

[Bret Hart]
That’s quite the list, Ed. I mean Bobby, was certainly a weasel but he was a game changer when he was out there. You have quite the long road ahead of you if you truly want to become the best of all time. So do you have any prospects or potential recruits yet?

[Ed Gonzalez]
I’m aware it won’t be easy, but it’s only a matter of time for me personally. As for your question, yes I do but nothing is official just yet. I’m doing my homework on every person on the XWL roster and I will be meeting with clients soon enough and I do plan to sign my first client in due time. However, there is someone that I have my sights on and its part of the reason why I wanted to speak with you today. I’m not just looking to manage the men as I’m also looking at the women in XWL and one woman in particular is your niece, Natalya. What do you think of the possibility of me representing Nattie?

[Bret Hart]
Natalya, huh? Well first, that’s great to know that you’re also looking to represent the women too as I feel they are just as important to the success of wrestling as the men are. Now as far as Nattie goes, I don’t initially know how to respond to that. If that’s something that Nattie would be interested in, then I think it would be a good fit for the best of you. You could use a dominant female superstar on your clientele and Nattie could benefit from some guidance and direction.

[Ed Gonzalez]
That’s what I was thinking as well. I figure Nattie could benefit from someone like me showing her how to reach the next level. I know she has her sights set on winning the Women’s Championship but she’s had some troubles in dealing with the new Women’s Champion,  Sister April. April has been playing mind games with her and I wouldn’t want Nattie to succumb to that and I could guide her through those games and to the promise land. It takes someone crazy to understand someone as dark and evil as the champion is and I’m just the guy to see Nattie through it. So Bret, all I would ask from you is to reach out to Nattie and just see if she’d be open to the idea. Is that something you could do?

[Bret Hart]
You know what, I’ll do that for you. I think we both have Nattie’s best interest in mind and I know she is striving to become champion, so you could be that little boost that she needs. I won’t make any guarantees but I will for sure call her and see if we can set something up in the future.

[Ed Gonzalez]
That’s all I’m asking for. Just the opportunity to be heard and with that said, I should get going. I got so many things to take care of and go over and what not. I appreciate it, Bret and hope to hear something soon.

Bret nods his head and they then shake hands as Ed gets up from the table and walks away. As the camera begins to fade away, Bret is seen picking up his phone off the table, presumably looking to contact Natalya.
Back to top Go down

XWL.com Exclusive: Ed Gonzalez actively recruiting talent.
Page 1 of 1