Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!

Go down 
+6
MicksterG951
Austin
KingWolf
Harmon
GamerShane31
P.R Son
10 posters
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Empty
PostSubject: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 3:16 pm

This has been a long time coming, it's been something briefly discussed many times over the last year especially between the admins, and it's something that we're finally going through the necessary procedures in adding. XWL has been a place where ANYTHING can happen, and ANYONE can be "big." From Evan Bourne, to Justin Gabriel, to Ted DiBiase, to Michael fucking McGillicutty,  to Brian Kendrick...to many more, members have made these characters matter at some point, enough to be a "Main-Eventer" despite their very low position IRL.

That is the charm of XWL, anyone truly can be a big deal if the time and effort is put into the character to make them on the level of Randy Orton, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho etc. That, and do you know how many times we've given an overall to someone, and they've complained? No they've done this, they should be that, this is too low, blah blah, all that shit? This system finally takes "real life" out of the equation for the CAWS. Because they won't be judged based on what their real life counterpart does....they will be judged, based on what they accomplish....HERE.

The idea currently (and this is where the discussion comes in because we want your input on all of this, has all of the current caw overalls for those of you that have been your character not being affected by this next part.

All NEW Male CAWs picked up effective after this is implemented, will be given an 80 overall, with 95 being the max they can move up to.

All NEW Female CAWs picked up effective after this is implemented, will be given a 70 overall, with 85 being the max they can move up to.

This is to promote real life growth, you see someone start at the bottom, and they build themselves up into something special, this makes everything you do matter all that much more because it's truly up to you on how often you move up a level.

Right now we're ironing out all the details on how you move up, how often, what the first month of that character can accomplish based on what they can get thereafter, it's a cool system that I've very excited for, and I believe that while (unfortunately due to attribute editor being something not everyone can have, we can't implement this to actual in game characters...) this will become the best system for deciding what overall a character gets. Now it's not us saying oh they've done this, they're this skill level so they're an 82 or an 86 or something. Now, it's truly measured on what matters, which is what you do here, and everyone starts off on equal footing.

So what we want is your suggestions, your ideas, your thoughts, to help us figure out what we can do to make this new system as good as it can be. Suggest ways you can move up, ways you can move down (we are planning to lower your overall if you receive a warning for an example.)

And let me stress this because I could understand the confusion, this overall system, will not be something that sticks through drops and pick ups. Meaning, if say I make Matt Sydal an 87, and drop him, if someone picks up Sydal? They'll start at an 80. And if I were to pick up Sydal again? He'd start as an 80. This is another step in rewarding effort, but also creating an overall system that truly is fair, and bias cannot be called into question because now the admins will not have any say, it's YOU that has the say, there's the system, how you can move up, so get to work.

It's just another step in truly giving actual growth and change to your superstars. We've seen "low carders" become "main-eventers" we've seen gimmick changes, we've started to allow more custom finishers apart from what they do IRL, this goes hand in hand with that.

Really hope you guys like this, REALLY want any ideas y'all have to make this what it should be, please let's have a respectful discussion let's figure out all the details, and then once we have the admins will discuss every suggestion, every idea, and based on your input it will be implemented.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to everyone's input <3

Back to top Go down
GamerShane31
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 4:06 pm

is it really fair for in game charatcers thou that are stuck at 88 etc? in game are stuck while CAWs could move up to a 95.
Back to top Go down
Harmon
Mid Card
Harmon

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 6:43 pm

I honestly think that regular superstars should have the right to move up as well. CAWs shouldn't get the special treatment. I believe we should all have the right to move up through the ratings based on what we do. Also the thing I realized saying if we ONLY did this for CAWs this would only make people want to play as CAWs, but I do love the idea. It's going to be awesome to see how everything unfolds.
Back to top Go down
KingWolf
Upper Mid Card
KingWolf

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 7:54 pm

Leo Kruger/Harmon wrote:
I honestly think that regular superstars should have the right to move up as well. CAWs shouldn't get the special treatment. I believe we should all have the right to move up through the ratings based on what we do. Also the thing I realized saying if we ONLY did this for CAWs this would only make people want to play as CAWs, but I do love the idea. It's going to be awesome to see how everything unfolds.
I second this, could be a change for the better in XWL. Bless David.
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 8:54 pm

While I like the idea, I do believe there needs to be two different options that a created wrestler user could take. Yes, this would benefit guys who play lower overall superstars like David with Sydal and Shane with Gargano, but how does this idea benefit someone like Lazy who's Punk already is a 95 overall? While all of you get the chance to get a decent overall, someone like Lazy who plays a higher overall created wrestler like Punk gains nothing from this. Let there be two options: the XWL Overall System and the Real Life overall system. The XWL Overall System would be everything that David mentioned above with the whole starting at 80 and working your way up to the top, while real life is what has been done for years now. We give you an overall and that's that. You can't improve it and you can't push to make it better no matter the matches you win or promos you cut. This benefits wrestlers like Punk, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, etc aka people who would only gain one overall or maybe two. Of course you could still do it for the fun of it but I know if I still played Punk, I'd be against this because this wouldn't benefit me at all. In the end, I would still be at the same overall I started.

Also, from talking with David, I do believe that the same should apply to in-game superstars and divas BUT they should only be able to be increased by a total of five overall points. This means if your superstar is an 86, it can be raised to a 91 at most. If your superstar is 88, it can be raised to a 93 at most. But if your superstar is 92, it can only go to 95 because just like the caws, that would be the limit. While the people who can afford the ability to edit in-game stats should be able to use it, it's not fair to the people who aren't able to get it. It's not fair for them to be like an 89 overall running around in a league of all 95 overalls.

And lastly, I don't think this should take effect until 2K17 comes out. It's kinda dumb to implement such a big rule with only a month until the new game comes out, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
MicksterG951
Mid Card
MicksterG951

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 9:41 pm

Austin wrote:
While I like the idea, I do believe there needs to be two different options that a created wrestler user could take. Yes, this would benefit guys who play lower overall superstars like David with Sydal and Shane with Gargano, but how does this idea benefit someone like Lazy who's Punk already is a 95 overall? While all of you get the chance to get a decent overall, someone like Lazy who plays a higher overall created wrestler like Punk gains nothing from this. Let there be two options: the XWL Overall System and the Real Life overall system. The XWL Overall System would be everything that David mentioned above with the whole starting at 80 and working your way up to the top, while real life is what has been done for years now. We give you an overall and that's that. You can't improve it and you can't push to make it better no matter the matches you win or promos you cut. This benefits wrestlers like Punk, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, etc aka people who would only gain one overall or maybe two. Of course you could still do it for the fun of it but I know if I still played Punk, I'd be against this because this wouldn't benefit me at all. In the end, I would still be at the same overall I started.

Also, from talking with David, I do believe that the same should apply to in-game superstars and divas BUT they should only be able to be increased by a total of five overall points. This means if your superstar is an 86, it can be raised to a 91 at most. If your superstar is 88, it can be raised to a 93 at most. But if your superstar is 92, it can only go to 95 because just like the caws, that would be the limit. While the people who can afford the ability to edit in-game stats should be able to use it, it's not fair to the people who aren't able to get it. It's not fair for them to be like an 89 overall running around in a league of all 95 overalls.

And lastly, I don't think this should take effect until 2K17 comes out. It's kinda dumb to implement such a big rule with only a month until the new game comes out, don't you think?

^^^ I second all of this ^^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/MicksterG951
Strummania
Mid Card
Strummania

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 10:50 pm

I also agree with Austin
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 1:48 am

Here's an option for you guys.

As you know, alternate attires are a big deal for most people who use in-games as default attires are often not as great as those created by the community. What would you think of using this option and having a version of the in-game character that wasn't saved as an alternate attire that you could use as an 80 / 70 overall? For in-games used in this way, there'd also be the option of starting from their in-game overalls without the opportunity to grind.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 1:52 am

Zack wrote:
Here's an option for you guys.

As you know, alternate attires are a big deal for most people who use in-games as default attires are often not as great as those created by the community. What would you think of using this option and having a version of the in-game character that wasn't saved as an alternate attire that you could use as an 80 / 70 overall? For in-games used in this way, there'd also be the option of starting from their in-game overalls without the opportunity to grind.

And the entire thread does a collective...

palm

As we realize, this was such an easy solution, how the fuck did none of us think of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 4:05 pm

I'm of the mentality that if it isn't broken why try and fix it? The current way overalls have been given has always worked so why would you want to change it and complicate things?

I think it's an odd thing to bring in and that it could put off new members joining if they see an OVR 95 No Way Jose running around the place. There'll also potentially down the line be an entire roster of OVR 95 CAWs which are more powerful than most in the game. If you bring this in for in-game guys too, the same problem remains... there'll be far too many high overalls in the future.

Overalls don't really matter as you've seen in the past from the guys who have exceeded expectations (as mentioned in the first post). That's the appeal to some people, try and achieve things with a lower rated guy. If overalls barely influence anything, why are you going to such lengths to change the rules?

Whatever you decide I'm sure you'll put much thought into it but I'd much rather stick with my fixed overalls.
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 6:42 pm

This says to me that whoever thought of this rule doesn't like the overall they have. Personally I don't agree with a few of the current overalls some people have right now but that's not here nor there. How can you fairly assess when someone is going to gain or lose overall? Because I can guarantee that people will be more than happy to accept that their overall has gone up but will throw one hell of a bitch fit if it goes down slightly. It will probably give more incentive for people to play like an ass if their overall is at stake too, it adds complications that aren't needed.

If someone makes strides in real life then that's when you have to think, maybe it's time this person deserves an upgrade in their overall. I for one would like to know what the overalls are based on, is it success? Or popularity. Because I'd argue that someone of the skill of someone like Tommy End for example should not be an 84 overall.
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 1:04 pm

I do agree with shrugs and Jericho that it'd be a much better idea to just stick to fixed overalls. However if you are set on making this a thing, then take Austins idea for in game stars on board for caws too. Give them a set overall that they can only improve by 5 points over their career. 80 to 95 is such a huge difference, I personally would hate to face an overall 95 with 5 reversal slots, insane stamina and momentum, and the ability to damage me to red within minutes every other match.
Back to top Go down
GamerShane31
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 1:12 pm

Dash wrote:
I do agree with shrugs and Jericho that it'd be a much better idea to just stick to fixed overalls. However if you are set on making this a thing, then take Austins idea for in game stars on board for caws too. Give them a set overall that they can only improve by 5 points over their career. 80 to 95 is such a huge difference, I personally would hate to face an overall 95 with 5 reversal slots, insane stamina and momentum, and the ability to damage me to red within minutes every other match.

I would hope tobassume that there would be guidelines for what stats can be upgraded more then others based off the superstar class and style
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 1:22 pm

kingofbeards86 wrote:
Dash wrote:

I would hope tobassume that there would be guidelines for what stats can be upgraded more then others based off the superstar class and style

That complicates things even more though. Plus in my opinion it would be pretty stupid to allow superstars to have 95 overall but limit what they can put the points into when that isn't happening already.

The reversal limit isn't really the only issue though. More than any game before, the overalls actually make a difference in 2k16 and I assume they will in 2k17 too. You're going to have a higher chance of doing well if you have a high overall now, that's just a fact. If everyone was running around with 95 overall then the new people who sign up with an 80 overall are going to be at a massive disadvantage, even if the 95 overall doesn't have max reversals, the points will just make him bigger, faster and stronger than he should be.
Back to top Go down
Harmon
Mid Card
Harmon

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 7:39 am

Dash wrote:
kingofbeards86 wrote:
Dash wrote:

That complicates things even more though. Plus in my opinion it would be pretty stupid to allow superstars to have 95 overall but limit what they can put the points into when that isn't happening already.

The reversal limit isn't really the only issue though. More than any game before, the overalls actually make a difference in 2k16 and I assume they will in 2k17 too. You're going to have a higher chance of doing well if you have a high overall now, that's just a fact. If everyone was running around with 95 overall then the new people who sign up with an 80 overall are going to be at a massive disadvantage, even if the 95 overall doesn't have max reversals, the points will just make him bigger, faster and stronger than he should be.

Dash honestly I dont see how overalls make a difference as Leo Kruger i probably have one of the lowest overalls in XWL as an 84 but i have already been IC Champ. I only have 3 reversals as well and i believe i do fairly well with it.
Back to top Go down
Dash
Upper Mid Card
Dash

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 8:20 am

Leo Kruger/Harmon wrote:
Dash wrote:
kingofbeards86 wrote:
Dash wrote:

Dash honestly I dont see how overalls make a difference as Leo Kruger i probably have one of the lowest overalls in XWL as an 84 but i have already been IC Champ. I only have 3 reversals as well and i believe i do fairly well with it.

Well that's because overall isn't the only thing that comes into it, there's bit of luck and more skill in it too. If your Leo Kruger had a 11 point boost to his overall, then you'd have more reversals and stamina, your moves would all hit harder, and you'd be gaining momentum much faster, earning your finishers much quicker. I just don't see how people can say that overalls don't matter, especially now. I get that you're skilled at the game, I've been champion myself, but I'm still able to see just how much of a difference overall can make when the people playing are of the same skill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!   XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XWL Community Discussion: CAW Overalls Are Evolving!
Page 1 of 1