Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

WWE 2K14 Official Thread

Go down 
+18
RJ Smith
P1
TheKrzyOne
DashingDJUrie
Dash
Jiggas
Kyle
TheFilthParade
Zander
Twiztid
Pats
Jonguin
Bang
Adam
Sex Ferguson
red dead
Austin
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Was told to make so yeah, to kick it off...

http://wwe.2k.com/news/us-30-years-of-wrestlemania.php

Now this looks pretty good to me. All them arena and what not that we will have. Cactus Jack shirt for Bang. Looking forward to this game mode and who  and what it might bring into the game for us this year. Bravo 2K, bravo.

Last edited by Austin on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 2:52 pm

so no RVD?
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:21 pm

The P1 wrote:
so no RVD?
no you done goof'd. Drop him before it's to late.
Back to top Go down
P1
Upper Mid Card
P1

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:24 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
The P1 wrote:
so no RVD?
is there even a chance for DLC? Sad
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:30 pm

The P1 wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:
The P1 wrote:
so no RVD?
Considering he returned in mid-July, I could see him making it as DLC but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it. Unless they put forth the effort to rush and make his model and all that is.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:31 pm

The P1 wrote:
TheKrzyOne wrote:
The P1 wrote:
so no RVD?
You ask that as if anyone here has any form of knowledge on the DLC that hasn't been announced yet.
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:35 pm

Seeing as they knew by June that RVD would be returning, it's very likely that he will be DLC.

I just hope Summer Rae makes it in for Fandango's Entrance, assuming we will get DLC of him. (Heads will roll if we don't)
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:38 pm

Jonguin wrote:
Seeing as they knew by June that RVD would be returning, it's very likely that he will be DLC.

I just hope Summer Rae makes it in for Fandango's Entrance, assuming we will get DLC of him. (Heads will roll if we don't)
I assume that's why we didn't get him in-game, so they could take the time and perfect his entrance. If that is the case then I'm not too upset with him not being in. Either way, I'm liking the looks of the roster (despite the exclusions of some people) more then '13 so far.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 4:11 pm

ACCELERATOR

• Available for a suggested purchase cost of $1.99.

• Customize the overall rankings and attributes levels of every WWE Superstar, Legend, and Diva in the game. Also unlocks every WWE Superstar, Legend, and Diva, including alternate attires and all arenas and championships in WWE 2K14.

• Scheduled for release on launch day – October 29, 2013 in North America and November 1, 2013 internationally.

NWO PACK

• The Giant will be available free of charge!

• Available for a suggested purchase cost of $8.99.

• Playable New World Order-themed Superstars:

Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
“Macho Man” Randy Savage
Syxx
Curt Hennig
Scott Steiner

• Scheduled for worldwide release in November 2013.

WWE SUPERSTARS AND MOVES PACK

• Summer Rae will be available free of charge!

• Available for a suggested purchase cost of $7.99.

• Playable WWE Superstars and Divas:

Fandango
Big E Langston
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
More than 30 new moves and taunts:
Koji Clutch
Soda Plunge
Black Widow
Leaping Tombstone Piledriver w/Pin Combo
Inverted DDT
Diving Headbutt
Explosive Dropkick
Elbow/Back Stabber Combo
Rope Flip Armdrag
Double Jump Body Splash
Two-Hand Chokeslam
Lil’ Jimmy
Shoulder Switch Powerslam
Zack Ryder Comeback
Alpamare Waterslide
Rope Hung Kick to Mid-Section
Package Piledriver
Burning Hammer
Butterfly Suplex Armbar
Corkscrew Shooting Star Press
Standing Shooting Star Press
Standing Corkscrew Moonsault
Springboard 450 Splash
Psycho Driver
Rebound Big Boot
Rebound Elbow Strike
Moonstomp
Billy Goat’s Curse
Pumphandle Neckbreaker
Suplex Backbreaker
KO
Hangman’s Facebuster
Cradle DDT
Powerbomb Lungblower
Wrist Lock Lariat

• Scheduled for worldwide release in December 2013.

WWE LEGENDS AND CREATIONS PACK

• Virgil will be available free of charge!

• Available for a suggested purchase cost of $8.99.

• Playable WWE Hall of Famers and Superstars:

Bruno Sammartino
“The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes
“Ravishing” Rick Rude
Jake “The Snake” Roberts

• 14 new Superstar Heads and models to utilize in Custom Superstar:

Alberto Del Rio
Antonio Cesaro
Batista
CM Punk (long hair)
Daniel Bryan (clean cut)
Dolph Ziggler
Goldberg
Kane (no mask)
Mankind
Ryback
Sheamus
The Miz
Triple H (short hair)
Undertaker (long hair)

• Scheduled for worldwide release in January 2014.

WWE 2K14 SEASON PASS

• Available for a one-time purchase cost of $19.99 (a savings of more than 25 percent versus individual content purchases).

• Season Pass Program Exclusive “The Outsiders”-themed Superstars:

Scott Hall
Kevin Nash

• All content packs:

Accelerator
nWo Pack
WWE Superstars and Moves Pack
WWE Legends and Creations Pack
Online Badges: More than 10 exclusive options

Last edited by TheKrzyOne on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
RJ Smith
Jobber
RJ Smith

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 4:24 pm

yess yep already got Razor Ramon/Scott Hall
Back to top Go down
Adam
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 4:27 pm

I absolutely love the DLC, delighted to have The Outsiders and people like Steiner/Syxx in
Back to top Go down
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
TheFilthParade

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 4:30 pm

Yes to everything <3

Can't wait for DLC either now, it all looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Botched the formatting hard when I edited. IGN Rose Excited for all those moves tho.:gig: 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:26 pm

DLC looks amazing.

2K14 just keeps getting better and better.

Let's just hope kickouts are fixed...
Back to top Go down
Jonguin
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:29 pm

DLC actually has me excited to play this game, something the actual in-game roster failed to do.

Any news on Story Designer yet? I hope they added even more scenes, it was awesome that they added entrances and the universe stuff last year.
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:01 am

SinAndBonez wrote:
DLC looks amazing.

2K14 just keeps getting better and better.

Let's just hope kickouts are fixed...
And submissions. I get the premise of what they were going for, so much damage to the body part the have no choice but to tap, but it doesn't work in leagues and such fairly.
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Anyone with the game do any online matches yet? Notice any differences/improvements?
Back to top Go down
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:02 pm

Gameplay is a lot better, smoother. Reversing is a challenge and when you do reverse it isnt the same old chain stuff, you actually do an offensive counter. The pin bar is fixed although submissions are still somewhat automatic wins at the end of the match.
Back to top Go down
P.R Son
Legend
P.R Son

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:14 pm

#SEME wrote:
Gameplay is a lot better, smoother. Reversing is a challenge and when you do reverse it isnt the same old chain stuff, you actually do an offensive counter. The pin bar is fixed although submissions are still somewhat automatic wins at the end of the match.
I think that's sort of random too. Austin tried to make me tap to Lotus when my arms were all red and I got out. Then some submissions start off near the end, but then zoom back to the start. Pins though are hugely different, way more difficult, the bar gets super thin almost impossible to time, so that should stop the super long matches that were a problem. Chain grapples are also way more difficult, and they've added so many different counters to them I think they tightened up reversals in general, because even dives and stuff aren't as easy to time.

Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:22 pm

ThatGuy wrote:
#SEME wrote:
I think that's sort of random too. Austin tried to make me tap to Lotus when my arms were all red and I got out. Then some submissions start off near the end, but then zoom back to the start. Pins though are hugely different, way more difficult, the bar gets super thin almost impossible to time, so that should stop the super long matches that were a problem. Chain grapples are also way more difficult, and they've added so many different counters to them I think they tightened up reversals in general, because even dives and stuff aren't as easy to time.

It's hard to say because like you said in Kaitlyn/Layla, it was actually hard to make you tap to the lotus lock considering neither of them have high submissions but in the triple threat with Seme, we were all people with near 100 submission. Not exactly sure if they were fixed or what is going on with them but at least it looks like they are moderately fixed since they were working once.

Overall, this game is a lot funner than '13. Actually more of a challenge, won't take 30+ minutes to do a match and from the one on one I did, no one synced out! So let's hope it stays that way.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:26 pm

What do you guys think of how the AI plays so far?
Back to top Go down
Midnight Silver
New Talent
Midnight Silver

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:28 pm

Adam 3:16 wrote:
What do you guys think of how the AI plays so far?
They are challenging on legendary! I love it!
Back to top Go down
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:44 am

Happy to see playing online should be a better experience. As far as submissions this year go, what if they were limited to matches where everyone involved has a sub fin? That way people would be on even ground as far as that's concerned.
Back to top Go down
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:26 am

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Happy to see playing online should be a better experience. As far as submissions this year go, what if they were limited to matches where everyone involved has a sub fin? That way people would be on even ground as far as that's concerned.
Part of me agrees with your idea of having them limited depending on who is in the match while part of me disagrees.

I disagree with it because if come to find out that submissions are fair and aren't broken anymore, I still don't know cause I've had one match where they seemed fair and one where they seemed odd, then I don't see the point in restricting something that is fair use. They wouldn't guarantee you a free win anymore like they did in '13 most of the time, so there would be nothing wrong with using them. It'd just be a test of who'd mash better along with who has the better submission stat.

But I agree if they are still a little rough around the edges and aren't completely fixed because if they are broken some of the time, it would suck to lose to something there is no chance of you breaking unless it was a multi-man match.

That is where I stand on that, so it basically depends for me if they are broken still or if they aren't. Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens with them, maybe David and I got a bit lucky in that match because we both had low sub stat? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Twiztid
Mid Card
Twiztid

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 2:48 am

me personaly i hate submissons and i think it s a cheap way to win thats just my opion
Back to top Go down
Moontan
Mid Card
Moontan

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:04 pm

I actually got it earlier than i was expecting so if i can find good james storm and big e caws i can be booked on 2k14 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE 2K14 Official Thread   WWE 2K14 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE 2K14 Official Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3