Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL.com Exclusive: Overrated?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oreo
Mid Card
Oreo

XWL.com Exclusive: Overrated? Empty
PostSubject: XWL.com Exclusive: Overrated?   XWL.com Exclusive: Overrated? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Cyberslam Aftermath

We see XWL's Renee Young somewhere backstage. She approaches a man sitting on the floor. The man is sitting up against an XWL labeled supply trunk. He has his feet kicked out in front of him, taking up half the walkway in a narrow hallway of the Barclays Center.

We see Kenny Omega sitting there looking dejected as ever. We see him playing with the a cap from a bottle of water placed beside him. He switches the cap between his fingers as Renee attempts to interview him.

[Renee Young]
Kenny, tonight you...

Renee is interrupted.

Kenny Omega
Let me guess... You're here to ask me about my valient effort tonight against Eli Drake. You're here to ask me how I'm feeling after such a heartbreaking loss... Right?

Kenny laugh briefly.

Kenny Omega
Do you guys take joy in rubbing salt in the wounds of everyone you interview? Because you interviewers do a damn good job of it.

Kenny sighs.

Kenny Omega
How does it feel? How does it feel to be a loser? How does it feel to let my fans down? How does it feel to know I am letting down my Kyohi brothers?... It feels shitty. I don't know any other way to put it. I feel like shit.

Kenny looks to the floor in front of him. He's silent, still taking in the fact that he's lost another big match.

Kenny Omega
I've been back for over a year now and all I hear is how good I am. How I'm the best wrestler in the world... How I've changed the XWL landscape... How I have the best matches this company has ever seen... but what do I have to show for it? If I were truly the best, you'd think I would have a championship belt around my waist. Look at me... I have nothing. After everything that I've done this past year, everything that I've been through... I have nothing. These past 365 plus days? They've been for nothing.

Kenny sighs again.

Kenny Omega
Sure, I've made friendships along the way but what has that got me? Where are they now? I have nothing, Renee. Maybe the critics are right... maybe I'm not good enough. Maybe I am overrated.

Kenny waves off the interview.

Kenny Omega
I'm done talking. I need some time to think.

Back to top Go down

XWL.com Exclusive: Overrated?
Page 1 of 1