Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

XWL.com Exclusive: Glorious or Glorified?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Austin
Main Eventer
Austin

XWL.com Exclusive: Glorious or Glorified? Empty
PostSubject: XWL.com Exclusive: Glorious or Glorified?   XWL.com Exclusive: Glorious or Glorified? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:28 pm

The XWL.COM EXCLUSIVE graphic quickly flashes on the screen before fading out almost as fast as it entered. The cameras quickly entered the backstage as Bobby Roode had defeated three other men just moments ago to back up his word and secure a shot at the Intercontinental Championship. Though the fight was brutal, and likely nothing to the destroyer he'd soon be coming up against, every bump and bruise were certainly worth it since the Intercontinental Championship was just out of reach from him right now. Bobby Roode was making sure to move fast and far from the guerilla position after he had stolen the win from Cody's taped hands. Rolling up the other and getting a handful of tights might not have been the cleanest of victories, but it was he had to do get the job done. Roode continued to move through the back and quickly did he shove himself past any of the workers who might have stood in his way. The workers might have given him some dirty looks, but he didn't care. Bobby didn't even care when Renee Young tried to catch up with him to get a word.

[RENEE YOUNG]
Excuse me, B-

Roode brushed past Renee Young as well and continued down the hallway except when he turned the corner, the Glorious One was stood face to face with a man who likely didn't care how Glorious he claimed to be. The man who stood in front of him carried some gold on his shoulder and it was the gold that Roode wanted so badly. It was the Intercontinental Championship and the man standing in front of Bobby was none other than the Destroyer himself, Samoa Joe. Roode might not have wanted to admit it, but there was a little fear in his eyes since he knew Joe could finish the job the others started.

[BOBBY ROODE]
That championship... That's going to be mine. Do you understand me!?

He pointed at the championship the Samoan had draped over his shoulder and the Samoan Destroyer stared back into the eyes of the Glorious one with a look of serious and potentially destructive intent.

(Samoa Joe)
The only, and I mean ONLY thing you are going to get if you continue to piss me off, is your neck snapped kid. Lemme ask you something Bobby, did you see what I did to the supposed "Monster Among Men" at Emergence? I assassinated that son of a bitch, I killed the big bad monster and now it is I and I ALONE who stands tall as the Intercontinental Champion of this company. So do yourself a favor Bobby, don't even bother showing up when it comes time for you to face me for this title, just pack your bags and leave, because in this case? you may have been tonight's winner, but in the grand scope of things Bobby? you were the biggest LOSER tonight....

Joe chuckles to himself slightly realizing he's made a clever pun about the show the biggest loser unintentionally but because he's Samoa Joe? he can laugh at whatever the hell he wants to and I don't think anyone is gonna tell him otherwise.

(Samoa Joe)
By going ahead and winning that match earlier tonight, you've hear by sentenced yourself to a death sentence. In most cases, the champion is the one with the target on their back, but this ain't most cases because in this case? The champion is the hitman, the champion is the assassin, the champion is the destroyer, and the contender? The contender is the HUNTED! The contender is the guy who's gonna have to be looking over his shoulder 24 hours a day wondering when or if Samoa Joe is lurking around the corner ready to strike, ready to brutalize, and ready to destroy, and rest assured Bobby, my life is a life of preparation, I'm always ready to do my job and destroy, and if that means I have to take you out of the equation Bobby? then you bet your ass I'm gonna do it. Me and You? We go way back, and I don't necessarily hate you Bobby, what I hate is your arrogance, your mouth writes checks that your ass can't cash, but if that arrogance has gone to your head, and you REALLY think you've got what it takes to stand across the ring from me with this title on the line? then by all means, go for it, step up to the plate like the Glorious superstar you think you are, but just know that you're gonna swing and you'll miss, and you'll swing again and miss, and then surely the third time will be the charm for you right? WRONG!!! Because you're gonna strike out just like every other man has done when facing me in this ring for the last 5 months...

Bobby Roode took in every word that Samoa Joe spoke. Every threat that he gave because Bobby knew more than anyone in that match what Samoa Joe was capable of. He's stood in the ring. He's been beaten and bruised by the man. He's woken up sore the next day after the ass beating Joe gave him. The Glorious one still refused to back down. Refusing to give Joe what he wanted. He refused to show fear because this wasn't about what Joe wanted. This was about what Bobby wanted.

[BOBBY ROODE]
You're bigger than me... You're tougher than me... You even have a better resume than I do... but in that ring, I've beaten you before and I know I am capable of doing it again. Though, while that win might have been five or six years ago, that win might have been in a different company, I still see the same man standing in front of me today. I see a man who feasts on fear. A man who's had the same gameplan for the past six years. He hasn't changed one bit. Me? You think you have me all figured out, but I've grown over the past six years. I've changed who I am and how I carry myself. You're going to be in for a world of trouble if you are already counting me out of this fight. I'm a better wrestler than I ever was back in TNA. I went from being just another star on the roster to being... GLOR-

Joe had raised his hand to Roode's face as Bobby was in the middle of proclaiming his Gloriousness to the world and Joe's hand raise leaves Roode's jaw dropped and stunned in silence momentarily.

(Samoa Joe)

GLORIFIED!!! I believe is the word you were looking for Bobby because that's all you are, overrated, overhyped, and a GLORIFIED nobody around here. Don't worry though Bobby, no extra charge for me completing your sentence for ya and letting you know what you truly are, I'll just take it out of the paycheck I'll be giving you soon enough in the form of a GLORIOUS ass kicking courtesy of Samoa Joe Enterprises. Lemme let ya in on something Einstein, I have adapted my gameplan and strategies throughout the years, the thing is and this particular fact is why I'm undefeated in this company, it's the fact that guys like you are too stupid to see my plans, to understand my strategies, to pick up on my techniques, and that's why it works to perfection. The element of surprise is another vital factor that works in my favor, the fact that no outside entity knows what I'm thinking or what I'm doing, there's only 1 person who understands Samoa Joe and that's Samoa Joe himself, I'll say this though, maybe you're right about one part of it all, maybe I do need to look into modernizing a few things in my arsenal more than I currently have, but the way I see it? if it ain't broke don't fix it and what I have at my disposal right now is far from broke. Bobby, I can beat you with the same things I beat you with 7-8 years ago, and if you don't believe me, then I'll make sure you find out first hand when I beat you to a pulp and solidify my Emergence in this company as the Intercontinental Champion of the World.

Roode stares, unimpressed with the champion's confidence. His fist was clenched and he held back the desire to bring the fight to the champion right here, right now - but he had to remind himself again that now was not the time, nor the place. Roode instead steps forward to the champion and lifted his hand, poking at the Samoa Destroyer's chest with his index finger, a little away from his championship.

[BOBBY ROODE]
You doubt me. You throw out all these words. Overhyped. Overrated. Well, I've got a word for you, Joe. Overlooked. You overlook what I'm capable f. You'll realize next week why overlooking me was the worst thing you could do. Destroyer or not, you are still a man. A man who can be beaten. I plan on doing just that. I'm going to beat you.

Samoa Joe and Bobby Roode stand face to face for a couple of seconds before Bobby Roode backs away from the champion and moves off. The Destroyed proudly wears his Intercontinental Championship over his shoulder as we then come to an end of the exclusive video.
Back to top Go down

XWL.com Exclusive: Glorious or Glorified?
Page 1 of 1