An Xbox One online league for the WWE 2K17 videogame.
 
HomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Shawn Michaels Classic 2017 Official Thread
Yesterday at 11:12 pm by Taco

» XWL Anarchy: 8/14/2017 - 8/21/2017
Yesterday at 7:38 pm by P.R Son

» WWE 2K18 Official Info Thread
Yesterday at 1:48 pm by Kyle

» Official Looking For A Feud Thread
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:38 pm by Plus

» New Availability: Seth Rollins
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:30 am by BerserkBeardy

» New Availability: Kharma
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:45 pm by Legal

» New Availability: Rosemary
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:38 pm by Legal

» XWL Anarchy: 8/7/2017 - 8/14/2017
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:50 pm by imagohard2nite

» Perfect 10
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:17 pm by imagohard2nite

» XWL Anarchy: 7/31/2017 - 8/7/2017
Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:31 pm by Leo Kruger/Harmon

CONTACT ADMINS

Have any questions? Need to let the administration team know something? Don't hesitate to send one of the listed admins a private message! We are happy to help, and will gladly assist you in any way you need assistance. So remember, message any of us listed admins below, and we'll get to work on the issue you need resolving/question you need answering.

DAVID
league owner

KYLE
co-owner

AUSTIN
graphics

TYLER
weekly booking

JOSH
points management

LEGAL
card formatting

TACO
statistical analyst

Quick Links


Share | 
 

 So....Money in The Bank

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should The MITB @ Emergence Be A 4 or 6 Man?
4 Man Ladder Match
53%
 53% [ 8 ]
6 Man Ladder Match
47%
 47% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15
 

AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
Legend
avatar

Posts : 6103
Likes : 76
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 24

PostSubject: So....Money in The Bank   Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:33 pm

I recognize the effort that's been put in by a lot of people since our MITB post several weeks ago, and we're planning to reveal the four people this coming card....however, if I'm honest I kind of wish we could add two more into the mix just because there has been that effort and I want so badly to trust that a six person Ladder Match COULD get done despite that one time when everyone had seven weeks to do it, and didn't....


So, this isn't official or anything, it's more so a way to feel out what you the members think, the admins are away right now so come out to play and tell us what you think. 4 Man Money in The Bank, or 6 Man?

_________________




Last edited by P.R Son on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BerserkBeardy
Mid Card
Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 368
Likes : 2
Join date : 2016-04-03
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:34 pm

Depends if im in it or not lol. If not then 6 man all the way lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOFA
Mid Card
Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 127
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-01-25
Age : 21
Location : The Ugly Parts of Parts Unknown

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:17 pm

kingofbeards86 wrote:
Depends if im in it or not lol. If not then 6 man all the way lol.

Same lol

Im online all the time lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagnesiacXBL
Jobber
Jobber
avatar

Posts : 80
Likes : -3
Join date : 2016-05-26

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:04 pm

4 man. I'd rather enjoy watching the match then be disappointed that I was promised a 6 man and only 4 showed up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Austin
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 1467
Likes : 25
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 22
Location : Baltimore, Maryland

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:17 pm

This isn't directed at Mag, but if you're actually gonna take the time to reply to a thread where David (or any admin) want some serious thoughts regarding a topic? You should actually give them some serious thoughts and answers rather than just saying you want whatever match is easier for you to do/win.

But, my vote is for a four man match. For one, six man matches kind of suck when all of us have lives and jobs to work. Even with the most active of people, the past has proven that a six man match are always the hardest to get done, and sometimes they haven't. Imagine the first match back and it doesn't get done, or you have to do it without some people. And by some chance it does get done with all six individuals, I feel like a six man Money in the Bank would be a huge cluster fuck and not be enjoyable to watch or take part of. It would just be a matter of luck who wins at that point.

Two, and this point could be nullified if the admins do have six people who are totally deserving and capable of standing at the top of the mountain, but I'd want to see four people who are ready for that position atop the roster and will do good in that position rather than someone who you think will do good atop the roster. This isn't me shitting on anyone, but it's just how I see it. Tyler has done an amazing job making the World Championship mean something the past couple of months and I think it would suck to see all his work get shit on because admins pushed someone who might not be capable of carrying the load of being THE GUY in this league.

And lastly, this also kind of ties into the second point, but having more people =/= a better match. If the right four people are chosen, they could make that four person match better than the six people ever could. The saying that has always been said for judging a promo could also apply to this situation. The quality is better than the quantity.

/end

_________________



2x Heavyweight Champion (as Brock Lesnar and Christian)
1x and the inaugural XWL Champion (as Edge)
1x Intercontinental Champion (as Christian)
1x and longest reigning Divas Champion (as Kaitlyn)
1x Women's Champion (as Sasha Banks)
1x and longest reigning XWL 15 Champion (as Christian)
2x X-Treme Champion (as Edge and Rob Van Dam)
1x Elite Champion (as Brock Lesnar)
1x Mister Money in the Bank (as Christian)
1x Miss Money in the Bank (as Kaitlyn)
1x Queen of the Ring winner (as Kaitlyn)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagnesiacXBL
Jobber
Jobber
avatar

Posts : 80
Likes : -3
Join date : 2016-05-26

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:24 pm

@Austin wrote:
This isn't directed at Mag, but if you're actually gonna take the time to reply to a thread where David (or any admin) want some serious thoughts regarding a topic? You should actually give them some serious thoughts and answers rather than just saying you want whatever match is easier for you to do/win.

But, my vote is for a four man match. For one, six man matches kind of suck when all of us have lives and jobs to work. Even with the most active of people, the past has proven that a six man match are always the hardest to get done, and sometimes they haven't. Imagine the first match back and it doesn't get done, or you have to do it without some people. And by some chance it does get done with all six individuals, I feel like a six man Money in the Bank would be a huge cluster fuck and not be enjoyable to watch or take part of. It would just be a matter of luck who wins at that point.

Two, and this point could be nullified if the admins do have six people who are totally deserving and capable of standing at the top of the mountain, but I'd want to see four people who are ready for that position atop the roster and will do good in that position rather than someone who you think will do good atop the roster. This isn't me shitting on anyone, but it's just how I see it. Tyler has done an amazing job making the World Championship mean something the past couple of months and I think it would suck to see all his work get shit on because admins pushed someone who might not be capable of carrying the load of being THE GUY in this league.

And lastly, this also kind of ties into the second point, but having more people =/= a better match. If the right four people are chosen, they could make that four person match better than the six people ever could. The saying that has always been said for judging a promo could also apply to this situation. The quality is better than the quantity.

/end

While I know it wasn't directed at me, I'm only stating this as aneeded explanation. I did not mean it to come across as whatever is easier for me to do or win, I meant easier for others and for me to enjoy watching and or reading. I personally hate any multiman matches except tag matches. Just too chaotic for my tastes but if done with the right people can be entertaining. Sorry if my post came across as greedy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOFA
Mid Card
Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 127
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-01-25
Age : 21
Location : The Ugly Parts of Parts Unknown

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:26 pm

Well could you do 2 triple threat money in the banks with 3 different people for each then have a 1 v 1 ladder match for the actual money in the bank between the 2 winners. the 2 triple threat money in the bank briefcases would just be contracts for the actual MITB 1 v 1 match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Austin
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 1467
Likes : 25
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 22
Location : Baltimore, Maryland

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:31 pm

@MagnesiacXBL wrote:

While I know it wasn't directed at me, I'm only stating this as aneeded explanation. I did not mean it to come across as whatever is easier for me to do or win, I meant easier for others and for me to enjoy watching and or reading. I personally hate any multiman matches except tag matches. Just too chaotic for my tastes but if done with the right people can be entertaining. Sorry if my post came across as greedy.

Trust me, man. I don't think you looked at all greedy/obsessed with wanting to win with your post. Hell, I stated basically the same thing that you did. It would be more fun to watch a 4 man match that will for sure get done rather than a 6 man which more than likely won't get done. You're cool, dude. You gave a legit opinion on it that didn't come across as self-centered.

@BOFA wrote:
Well could you do 2 triple threat money in the banks with 3 different people for each then have a 1 v 1 ladder match for the actual money in the bank between the 2 winners. the 2 triple threat money in the bank briefcases would just be contracts for the actual MITB 1 v 1 match.

That's not even Money in the Bank anymore. That's like saying we can do an Elimination Chamber match that ends in one fall. The point of Money in the Bank Ladder match is to have one multi-man ladder match to decide who gets a World Championship match whenever they want.

_________________



2x Heavyweight Champion (as Brock Lesnar and Christian)
1x and the inaugural XWL Champion (as Edge)
1x Intercontinental Champion (as Christian)
1x and longest reigning Divas Champion (as Kaitlyn)
1x Women's Champion (as Sasha Banks)
1x and longest reigning XWL 15 Champion (as Christian)
2x X-Treme Champion (as Edge and Rob Van Dam)
1x Elite Champion (as Brock Lesnar)
1x Mister Money in the Bank (as Christian)
1x Miss Money in the Bank (as Kaitlyn)
1x Queen of the Ring winner (as Kaitlyn)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOFA
Mid Card
Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 127
Likes : 1
Join date : 2016-01-25
Age : 21
Location : The Ugly Parts of Parts Unknown

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:40 pm

Multi-man ladder matches are aids. . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BerserkBeardy
Mid Card
Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 368
Likes : 2
Join date : 2016-04-03
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:23 pm

Is the announcement being posted closer to next monday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P.R Son
Legend
Legend
avatar

Posts : 6103
Likes : 76
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:50 pm

kingofbeards86 wrote:
Is the announcement being posted closer to next monday?

Nah within the next couple of days.

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
P.R Son
Legend
Legend
avatar

Posts : 6103
Likes : 76
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:23 pm

Alright so the league appears to be split on the matter. We've had thoughts/reasons from Austin as to why it should stay a 4 man and not risk the 6....so what I want is for someone to speak up as for why it should be 6. What benefits outweigh the negative as proposed by Austin? Why risk making it a Six Man?


I want someone on the side for it, to explain why. It's not asking a lot, the league needs more discussions like this, I'd prefer to have had more thoughts from everyone overall on the matter, but since that doesn't seem to be transpiring, all I ask is for one person, (or more if they feel lead to) to come forward and say why it SHOULD be a Six Man Money in The Bank.


Because you never know, it could be you that competes in this match, and if you won't put forth the effort or time in at least making a post, how can I trust you, or believe you'll put forth the effort it would take to get said Six Man done?

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
BerserkBeardy
Mid Card
Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 368
Likes : 2
Join date : 2016-04-03
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:35 pm

my issue with a 4 man, and im not saying it will happen. but in other leagues when this type of match is done, it usually gets filled with admins or their friends. i just dont want a game of favorites here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P.R Son
Legend
Legend
avatar

Posts : 6103
Likes : 76
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:39 pm

kingofbeards86 wrote:
my issue with a 4 man, and im not saying it will happen. but in other leagues when this type of match is done, it usually gets filled with admins or their friends. i just dont want a game of favorites here.

Literally not a single admin is in the four we've chosen, I'll flat out say it, I was suggested. Have I earned it? I'm one of the most consistent people, and you know for damn sure I'd bust my ass to get it done...but I immediately said I wanted to embrace the whole make this match have someone "new" emerge aspect and declined. XWL is not other leagues, sometimes admins have to be put in places if we don't have others to fill spots, and of course admins earn stuff just like everyone else...but we are not automatically first picks for everything. If you're consistent, as we always say, you'll get rewarded with something.


Even look at this week, Edge cut a promo literally 2 hours or so before the new card, so what did we do? We rewarded his effort by giving him a match with purpose, with story, to further try to motivate him to keep it up.  


There is also not a "group" here that's comprised of admins and their friends, we reward effort, it may not always happen as fast as some would like, or to everyone at the given time, but it does happen, no matter who it's from.

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shuggz
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 901
Likes : 21
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:57 pm

In fairness these matches used to consist of the same people, same goes with the Chamber match. I'm not throwing out names and I'm not saying they weren't active enough to earn it but sometimes the choices were questionable. If it is the case where it's different people in it who haven't featured before then it will be a breath of fresh air to the place.

Just my thoughts but I know little these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 3204
Likes : 66
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 26
Location : Halifax, England

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Sorry I've not been on should be on Skype soon, but 4 man purely because less chance of it going to shit and more chance of getting it done



Also Damn, shrugs calling me out mischief
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BerserkBeardy
Mid Card
Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 368
Likes : 2
Join date : 2016-04-03
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:21 pm

@TheFilthParade wrote:
Sorry I've not been on should be on Skype soon, but 4 man purely because less chance of it going to shit and more chance of getting it done



Also Damn, shrugs calling me out mischief

So many accomplishments.... Makes mine look like childs play lol.

Also when will the ic title history be updated?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shuggz
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 901
Likes : 21
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:22 pm

@TheFilthParade wrote:
Sorry I've not been on should be on Skype soon, but 4 man purely because less chance of it going to shit and more chance of getting it done



Also Damn, shrugs calling me out mischief
I'm just jelly. hug

P.S
Having been in both types, 4 man is so much less hassle to get done. Over that is an absolute ball ache.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 3204
Likes : 66
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 26
Location : Halifax, England

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:38 pm

Just noticed that autocorrect , dammit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shuggz
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 901
Likes : 21
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:51 pm

kingofbeards86 wrote:
@TheFilthParade wrote:
Sorry I've not been on should be on Skype soon, but 4 man purely because less chance of it going to shit and more chance of getting it done



Also Damn, shrugs calling me out mischief

So many accomplishments.... Makes mine look like childs play lol.

Also when will the ic title history be updated?
Become an admin, they quickly rack up. :gig:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BerserkBeardy
Mid Card
Mid Card
avatar

Posts : 368
Likes : 2
Join date : 2016-04-03
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:31 pm

i recall a league like that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P.R Son
Legend
Legend
avatar

Posts : 6103
Likes : 76
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:26 pm

After considering input from the league, and discussing the matter between ourselves we've decided to stick with The 4 Man Money in The Bank, the negatives just outweigh the positives unfortunately.


Six Man Matches take a lot to get done, and with differing schedules, as well as targeting in general, it just feels like it would be the worst option between the two. With that said we have gone back and discussed the superstars we've put in the MITB and we now believe that we're fully rewarding everyone that deserves it, and those that didn't make the cut will still have something after Emergence if they keep up the effort.



So stay tuned in the coming days for the reveal of the four members that will compete in the Money in The Bank Ladder Match at Emergence!

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: So....Money in The Bank   

Back to top Go down
 

So....Money in The Bank

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» 110728 Music Bank to spread its wings to US, China, Europe and Vietnam!
» 111023 SJ's Leeteuk and DongHae support Girls' Generation at Music Bank
» Zeno's Bank
» Lucifer's Bank
» Kei's Bank

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xtreme Wrestling League :: General Discussion-