Xtreme Wrestling League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
XWL is currently on a long-term hiatus as of August 3rd, 2022.
CHAMPIONS (5/4/2022)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT

ROBERT ROODE

INTERCONTINENTAL

VACANT

WORLD TAG TEAM

SAMOA JOE & KEVIN OWENS

WOMEN'S

ALEXA BLISS

NORTH AMERICAN

LIV MORGAN

INTERIM: BECKY LYNCH

MEN'S MITB

VACANT

WOMEN'S MITB

VACANT

FINALLY . . . It's Over . . .

Go down 
+3
Zack
Alveuss
DashingDJUrie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DashingDJUrie
Mid Card
DashingDJUrie

FINALLY . . . It's Over . . . Empty
PostSubject: FINALLY . . . It's Over . . .   FINALLY . . . It's Over . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 3:13 am

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2014-07-28/tna-impact-wrestling-spike-tv-cancelled-hulk-hogan-ric-flair-sting-total-nonstop-action

But who REALLY cares?
Back to top Go down
Alveuss
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY . . . It's Over . . .   FINALLY . . . It's Over . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:06 am

Yeah yeah yeah... They'll find a new home, they'll survive and they'll still be an afterthought
Back to top Go down
Zack
Main Eventer
Zack

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY . . . It's Over . . .   FINALLY . . . It's Over . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 6:59 am

I mean, it's been coming for the last four years, no one should really be all that surprised that they're gone.

They'll probably go to FX or some lower-tier sports network. Maybe this can clear the way for Smackdown to finally move off fucking SyFy.

Also, got a good chuckle out of Flair, Hogan, and Sting all being in the URL of the story when all three are now back in WWE.
Back to top Go down
Pats
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY . . . It's Over . . .   FINALLY . . . It's Over . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:37 pm

Zack wrote:
I mean, it's been coming for the last four years, no one should really be all that surprised that they're gone.

They'll probably go to FX or some lower-tier sports network. Maybe this can clear the way for Smackdown to finally move off fucking SyFy.

Also, got a good chuckle out of Flair, Hogan, and Sting all being in the URL of the story when all three are now back in WWE.

Smackdown being on SyFy isn't the problem, it being taped on Tuesday and played on Friday is the problem in the age of 24 hour entertainment. As for TNA I stopped caring about them years ago, and at this point most of the talent I liked has went back to ROH. TNA staying at barely alive mediocrity and GFW getting a TV deal and great talent is the only thing I want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY . . . It's Over . . .   FINALLY . . . It's Over . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:23 pm

I think it's a little harsh saying nobody cares.  A lot of people could be without jobs if TNA folds and from all the stories and stuff going around about their pay, it doesn't seem like many of them would have much money saved at all.  I'm concerned for them and their families, despite not being a TNA fan myself for around 2 years (I used to watch every Impact weekly until around 2012).  They still tried their best to entertain you and bring you programming each week to enjoy, even though a lot of it made no sense and was mundane, but I do feel sorry for them.

Maybe a lot of them will get jobs at GFW but that seems to be some way off...

At least WWE is good...yeah...
Back to top Go down
DashingDJUrie
Mid Card
DashingDJUrie

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY . . . It's Over . . .   FINALLY . . . It's Over . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 5:14 pm

Well they're not for sure shutting down TNA completely, Impact just won't be on Spike anymore. Like Alveuss said, they could find a new channel to premier on, but I don't think anyone would really want them. There's a ton of superstars with great talent on Impact for sure, and it would suck if they lost their jobs. But it's just so bad, I mean, they need to do something quick or they WILL shutdown.
Back to top Go down
Bang
Main Eventer
Bang

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY . . . It's Over . . .   FINALLY . . . It's Over . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 7:09 pm

Spike didn't really do them any favors with the MMA stuff. If TNA could find a Network who would let them do their own thing then I'm sure they'll be fine. I know ESPN are apparently in the market for more wrestling, but seems like from the reruns they air they'd prefer a more ROH style promotion with a legitimate feel. I don't really know the American TV market but I'm sure there's more than one channel that would love a program that gets over 1million viewers a week.

There's rumors that Spike want to buy TNA as well. Which could go either way, probably very badly.
Back to top Go down
Shug
Upper Mid Card
Shug

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY . . . It's Over . . .   FINALLY . . . It's Over . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Spike gave TNA little to no promotion what-so-ever which would not have helped them. Those celebrating TNA losing their TV spot are idiots because while they were very far behind WWE they were their closest competition and without that then WWE will have no reason to put on a good product because there is no alternative. I don't imagine this will be it for TNA, I can see them finding another TV deal, the company being sold and Dixie finally parting ways and hopefully they can improve. A few years back TNA's talent blew WWE's out of the water with the likes of Styles, Daniels, Joe, MCMG, Angle, Beer Money etc. The matches were better, the only thing that let them down more often than not was Vince Russo.

If any company wants a good booker, they should just hire Super Dragon and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
Pats
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY . . . It's Over . . .   FINALLY . . . It's Over . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Bang wrote:
Spike didn't really do them any favors with the MMA stuff. If TNA could find a Network who would let them do their own thing then I'm sure they'll be fine. I know ESPN are apparently in the market for more wrestling, but seems like from the reruns they air they'd prefer a more ROH style promotion with a legitimate feel. I don't really know the American TV market but I'm sure there's more than one channel that would love a program that gets over 1million viewers a week.

There's rumors that Spike want to buy TNA as well. Which could go either way, probably very badly.

After listening to the speculated networks the guys on SiriusRadio the two that come to mind are Fox Sports 1 (Their attempt to beat ESPN at its own game) and ESPN Classic (Their old school boxing and wrestling channel) Personally I'd like them to go with Fox so that I could see them and they could get some promotion although Fox does push UFC a lot which would negate your point. However most people don't have Classic.
Back to top Go down
Danny Boy
Jobber
Danny Boy

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY . . . It's Over . . .   FINALLY . . . It's Over . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 8:24 pm

I'm not sure ESPN Classic would air something that's not "classic" in any way.

I never really enjoyed TNA that much because I mostly watch wrestling for the storylines and TNA was always just unable to really hook me in with them... Once in awhile I'd hear something that sounded interesting coming out of TNA so I'd check it out, but for the most part I couldn't stay hooked. I would be very happy if being booted from Spike TV caused some change over there which resulted in a company able to put on a good show, but I'm not so sure that'll happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY . . . It's Over . . .   FINALLY . . . It's Over . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FINALLY . . . It's Over . . .
Page 1 of 1