An Xbox One online league for the WWE 2K17 videogame.

HomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Coming Soon to XWL
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:02 pm by Plus

» We got a birthday on our hands!!!
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:00 am by P.R Son

» XWL Anarchy 9/18/17 - 9/25/17
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:00 pm by Leo Kruger/Harmon

» XWL Emergence: 9/4/2017 - 9/18/2017
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:38 pm by imagohard2nite

» New Availability: Bayley!
Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:29 pm by Austin

» New Availability: Brock Lesnar!
Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:29 pm by Austin

» Beethoven of Baritone
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:21 pm by StrumSkillet13

» New Availability: Asuka!
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:17 pm by P.R Son

» The Princess of Staten Island
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:49 am by P.R Son

» WWE 2K18 Official Info Thread
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:16 am by Sam

CONTACT ADMINS

Have any questions? Need to let the administration team know something? Don't hesitate to send one of the listed admins a private message! We are happy to help, and will gladly assist you in any way you need assistance. So remember, message any of us listed admins below, and we'll get to work on the issue you need resolving/question you need answering.

DAVID
league owner

KYLE
co-owner

AUSTIN
graphics

TYLER
weekly booking

JOSH
points management

LEGAL
card formatting

TACO
statistical analyst

Quick Links

Share | 

When should a match be re-done?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheFilthParade
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: When should a match be re-done?   Fri May 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Admins have been discussing what should lead to re-do of a match, obviously breaking the rules is an instant re-do/punishment. But outside that, since XWL is about fun and having fun matches... What else do you think should contribute to this? Like lag, the match just overall not being fun?

Most members here don't care if they win or lose, they just want a fun match and if they're going to lose they want to lose after a fun match, not a bad one. So we want to make sure that fun matches happen more often than the have been, and we want opinions from all of you on what should lead to a match being re-done if anything happens in the match.

So what would make you want a redo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P.R Son
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: When should a match be re-done?   Fri May 30, 2014 8:58 pm

TheFilthParade wrote:
Admins have been discussing what should lead to re-do of a match, obviously breaking the rules is an instant re-do/punishment. But outside that, since XWL is about fun and having fun matches... What else do you think should contribute to this? Like lag, the match just overall not being fun?

Most members here don't care if they win or lose, they just want a fun match and if they're going to lose they want to lose after a fun match, not a bad one. So we want to make sure that fun matches happen more often than the have been, and we want opinions from all of you on what should lead to a match being re-done if anything happens in the match.

So what would make you want a redo?

To me, and this is me being honest here, there have been instances in the past that should have been redone. We all can be at fault for these moments, any time fun is ruined, really it should be redone, maybe not right away because the fun might not naturally happen but redone some day after so that everyone is fresh and nobody has any angst over the idea. Like I won The Divas title in December and while I played fine, everyone played fine, it was fun....the ending saw our beautiful game do what it does best, and that's be crappy by having the others in the match try to break the pin, and because targeting is what it is, they didn't. They felt it should be redone, I'm not proud to admit that I didn't feel it was my fault and that it should be, but I'm an advocate for fun, and really that went against it. I should have redone it, may not have been against any rules, but since we're about fun here, anytime it's ruined, the other side to it should see that and say to themselves, would I be happy if this happened to me?

It doesn't matter what happened in the past, if you've had that happen to you yourself when someone had a pin break but the game ruined it. But what matters is making up for the past and not clinging to what was then, we're supposed to get better and be smarter with our experiences, and it's easy to look past that and say hey this wasn't, so why should mine be?

It's such a simple thing, it was crap and it ruined the fun match we had before that ending, which anytime fun is ruined, both sides should redo. I regret not redoing that match, and I can't take that back, but I can share that experience as a way to help us get better. I was a terrible owner, I said I created XWL for fun and honestly...I think I'm responsible, maybe inadvertently...at ruining others fun.

Fact is if you and your opponent didn't have fun, or if your opponent didn't have fun, not because of the outcome, but because of circumstances in the match, I believe it should be redone. That's really a judgement call on the people involved, it's hard to judge as admins what should be and shouldn't be, but as someone that's screwed up a lot despite saying this and that, I know fun should come first every single time. They say one bad apple spoils a bunch, and one bad moment in a match, can ruin it. I've had people accidentally wait me, and I was just done. I was so over the match that very point, logically I should have left and said something so the quality of the match didn't suffer, but that's not what happens so I think we all need to work on evaluating stuff we do, have been in, and work together to make up for the past and pave a better future, as cliche as that is.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pats
Mid Card
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: When should a match be re-done?   Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Obviously matches should be redone when it's a countout or DQ. (Unless it was planned or turns out to work for the better, i.e. Kane tombstoning Hardy on the floor outside which allowed Seme and Dave to make a segment out of it and putting me over a little bit that week)

Also a match should be redone if someone feels like it wasn't a good match in general. Now there's a fine line between wanting to redo a match because it wasn't fun, and wanting to redo it because you lost and ideally in a perfect world, every match would be recorded so that admins could look at it objectively. But alas, that can't happen yet. If anyone is dying to have a match redone and it's not like a title match or they think the other person totally broke the rules, then they need to have their priorities in check. I'm a competitive person, and while I may have problems in the areas of promoing and attitude I joined this league for fair matches and if people have problems with playing by our rules we really should do background checks to see where people's attitudes lie when it comes to matches. I think it just comes down to if 2K is serious about improving it's gameplay and I hope one day they could make it look like a real match without anyone playing cheap either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adam
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: When should a match be re-done?   Fri May 30, 2014 9:59 pm

when I lose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T-Roll
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: When should a match be re-done?   Fri May 30, 2014 10:10 pm

DJ Roomba wrote:
when I lose to Shuggz

2x World Champion as Dean Ambrose (2016)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bang
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: When should a match be re-done?   Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:24 pm

This should probably be bumped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nitro
Mid Card
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: When should a match be re-done?   Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:33 pm

I think it should be restarted if it is blatant the one person in the match is not trying to have fun but instead bust out an quick win. I know I have not been here a while but I think that this league is more about quality not the quantity of your win loss record. The thing that makes it fun is having fair matches that you would not normally have with randoms who cheat on live and the promos are another big factor but no one can have fun if someone just cares about the quantity of there win/loss record or posting promos for that matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: When should a match be re-done?   Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:07 pm

The problem with this kind of thread/rule is that anyone who is dominated in a match that is sour over how the match went might kick up a fuss, even though the person playing may have played completely fairly and within the rules. I don't think getting beat badly would be anyone's idea of fun. Unless every match is recorded I don't know how you can implement a restart rule for that, but for things like David's example it'd obviously be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When should a match be re-done?   

Back to top Go down

When should a match be re-done?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1