An Xbox One online league for the WWE 2K17 videogame.

HomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» XWL Anarchy 9/18/17 - 9/25/17
Today at 8:49 am by Plus

» XWL.com Exclusive: Glorious or Glorified?
Yesterday at 11:28 pm by Austin

» PPV Awards: Emergence
Yesterday at 2:37 pm by P.R Son

» XWL Prediction Contest VIII: No Mercy! (New Rules READ BEFORE POSTING)
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:16 pm by Slothio

» New Availability: Big Cass!
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:58 pm by Leo Kruger/Harmon

» SWITCHERS REJOICE!
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:04 am by Zack

» Coming Soon to XWL
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:02 pm by Plus

» We got a birthday on our hands!!!
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:00 am by P.R Son

» XWL Emergence: 9/4/2017 - 9/18/2017
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:38 pm by imagohard2nite

» New Availability: Bayley!
Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:29 pm by Austin

CONTACT ADMINS

Have any questions? Need to let the administration team know something? Don't hesitate to send one of the listed admins a private message! We are happy to help, and will gladly assist you in any way you need assistance. So remember, message any of us listed admins below, and we'll get to work on the issue you need resolving/question you need answering.

DAVID
league owner

KYLE
co-owner

AUSTIN
graphics

TYLER
weekly booking

JOSH
points management

LEGAL
card formatting

TACO
statistical analyst

Quick Links

Share | 

XWL Survey 2014 Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
P.R Son
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

In order to continue to provide an experience that you the members enjoy, we like to hold a no holds barred survey every so often. This is an open thread that allows everyone to be as brutally honest as they would like to be, no one will be shunned for their views, and no one will argue with you. This is your chance to say exactly what it is you want to say, as well as answer these questions honestly. So every member, please take the time to answer all of the questions below, the more input we have the better outcome this Survey will bring.

What do you like the most about XWL?

What do you like the least?

Do you prefer being booked as one character, two, or all three every week?

How do you feel about the Admins that are in charge of running the site? Is there anything that any of us could improve on?

What is your current opinion on the Championships and ideas surrounding them? Such as putting more of an emphasis on the number one contenderships, or even having champions involved in non-title situations at Pay-Per-Views from time to time?

What is your opinion of the current champions, and who would you like to see in contention?

When it comes to PPV Posters, what criteria should we look for? Should it be a superstar that's been making waves, a current champion, members of an ongoing feud?

Recently a thread was made to inform the members that the admins were watching very closely, that we had many opportunities on the way for those that were consistently active. Why do you think we needed to go to these steps to kickstart activity? Do you have any suggestions that will prevent this from needing to be done in the future?

Is there anything that can be done in your opinion, to make the rules of the league even better?

In your honest opinion, what's more important to you in matches? Having a fair and fun match regardless of the outcome, or winning? Please explain why you feel this way.

We had to get rid if the PPV Awards due to lack of interest, and input. What is something community wise that you think we could bring to XWL to get everyone involved, just as The PPV Awards once did?

If you could change one thing about XWL, what would it be, and why?

Some members have had a shaky history in XWL, such as abruptly leaving, being banned, falling into an unreliable category, or even lacking consistency when it comes to promos. If you were in our shoes, and you were an admin, how would you handle the topic of giving them opportunities?

Other than what we've asked, do you have anything else you'd like to address in this survey?

Last edited by ThatGuy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Pats
Mid Card
Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:52 pm

I want to elaborate on some things since I was on my phone last night so I just wanted to post something.

On the topic of unreliable members I think every situation is different, but if I were an admin in the situation I would just talk with them in Skype a lot and make sure just exactly what goals do they have for this place and then help them on the road to recovery, basically what Dave has done for me.

Champions:
Seme: Everything Red said was spot on. For some reason the promos went down a notch. Not saying that they're bad but instead of delving into what's wrong with his opponent it seems like just regular champion promos. But I've feuded with Seme  and AJ so whoever wins will be a great champion in my eyes.

Gaz: Gaz is a pretty good champ in my eyes, I really liked the DX/Jericho promo from last week. I agree with Shuggz though about wondering how DX got their shots especially when the opportunity thread was around the corner but It elevated the midcard a ton so you gotta take the pros with the cons.

Bang: Bang seems like a good US Champ to me. I mean he just won back the title so I don't blame him for not setting the world on fire.

Layla: loldivas

Ted: I love Ted promos so I marked when he won MITB. And now that I think everyone's complaining about Ted cashing in at FS, Dave won't do it now. :p

Also I read that one question wrong but if the champions don't defend their titles at the PPV that's complete BS.

EDIT: Forgot about Cesaro :run:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#NOTSEME
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:37 pm

Reading the content submitted by others.

The lack of a true community, with Skype we have drifted away from the type of community that was here when I first started here. Also, some people take matches WAY too seriously and try hard to win every match and it just sucks the joy out of doing matches.

As of now just sticking with Harper and Del Rio with Wyatt debuting soon.

How do you feel about the Admins that are in charge of running the site? Is there anything that any of us could improve on?

No comment besides the members seem to assume A LOT of things about our process and decisions without taking the time to think why it happened. They question some contender decisions but fail to think that possibly they weren't the first choice and more deserving choices fell threw. Just wish members would either think or ask before assuming and complaining amongst themselves, not saying some of their complaints aren't valid though,

What is your current opinion on the Championships and ideas surrounding them? Such as putting more of an emphasis on the number one contenderships, or even having champions involved in non-title situations at Pay-Per-Views from time to time?

I'm fine if their aren't any deserving contenders to put a title defense on hold. No reason to select either someone who doesn't deserve it or someone who has just recently received and failed his shot.

What is your opinion of the current champions, and who would you like to see in contention?

All the current champions have been doing well, Bang has fallen off a bit recently but I'm sure that's more of a lack of direction than anything and when he does do stuff it's awesome. Gaz has been doing well as HBK and is deserving of the title as is David as Layla. I know my content has slipped a bit and a lot of that is on me but I attribute some of that towards Liam's laptop going down and that feud losing traction but I hope to rebound soon.

When it comes to PPV Posters, what criteria should we look for? Should it be a superstar that's been making waves, a current champion, members of an ongoing feud?

I think first off we should have enough activity to have 12 different members on the poster a year, but saying that they should be in a meaningful feud, a champion, a contender, or doing something big whatever that consists of.

Recently a thread was made to inform the members that the admins were watching very closely, that we had many opportunities on the way for those that were consistently active. Why do you think we needed to go to these steps to kickstart activity? Do you have any suggestions that will prevent this from needing to be done in the future?

We did this because although the content has been solid, except for the core group and a few outliers we have had major inconsistency as far as member activity and this is a part of the reason the contenders haven't been as fresh or as varied as we would like because no one has deserved it due to being inconsistent. You could have the greatest promo ever but if you do nothing else then you don't deserve a shot.

Is there anything that can be done in your opinion, to make the rules of the league even better?

Stricter punishments for things like AA people, enforce something so that every match isn't just a try hard festival.

In your honest opinion, what's more important to you in matches? Having a fair and fun match regardless of the outcome, or winning? Please explain why you feel this way.

Having fun for sure, Ill start every match with this in mind and change my mind set depending on what the other person is going for, sadly more often then not I've had to switch my mindset to even have a shot.

We had to get rid if the PPV Awards due to lack of interest, and input. What is something community wise that you think we could bring to XWL to get everyone involved, just as The PPV Awards once did?

I was vocal about this at the time, they should've been taken away sooner. We weren't getting votes outside of admins except maybe one or two people and it wasn't enough to be a true representation of the league's thought, I was fine with that and just letting them disappear but then I was told the league complained when they weren't posted one month and I got pissed because it was the league's own fault for not submitting their vote. Hell, it takes less than 5 minutes, I did mine right after each PPV ended.

That there would be a increase in fun matches without being concerned about a non-stop attack from start to finish after I let the guy hit some combos and not be reciprocated. I'm getting irked by it.

Some members have had a shaky history in XWL, such as abruptly leaving, being banned, falling into an unreliable category, or even lacking consistency when it comes to promos. If you were in our shoes, and you were an admin, how would you handle the topic of giving them opportunities?

No comment.

Last edited by #SEME on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:47 pm

Last edited by TheKrzyOne on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T-Roll
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Quote :
Like Don West or Sangriento aren’t even in the video, are you kidding me? He’s been a force to be reckoned with, he’s evolved into a household name, he’s been the reason you tune in to Breakdown each week, and yet he’s nowhere to be seen on any XWL merchandise?

Yeah, where the heck is EY in this video and merchandising stuff? I feel insulted as well. We need multiple videos. #CHANGE

2x World Champion as Dean Ambrose (2016)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:03 pm

The community as a whole. It's the reason I decided to help David out as co-owner way back when I first saw the league running on IGN. It's the reason why I love to never leave, and when I do leave, wanna come back asap. I just love interacting with everyone and just having fun.

Nothing really. I mean I only just came back. If I were going off of past experience I would've said the lack of communication between the admins. The fights that used to happen between members in chat. Small things like that that, for one reason or another, took ages to stop and kind of killed the fun out of the place for a while. Overall that's really died down though. So there's nothing that comes to mind anymore.

I've only got two stars at the moment. I don't think I could ever deal with being three. The two I have I'm in a really comfortable place with. I'm still getting back into the swing of things, but for what it's worth, I love b eing booked as both.

I think everyone's doing a great job. The lines of communication are still a bit iffy, but, that's only because of time differences. I myself am only just back, and well, I want to help out more. I'm the co-owner and I want to feel like it. The others as a whole? Are great though. Wouldn't change anything.

I like the idea of having an occasional title match outside of a ppv. I think that maybe we need to have #1 contender matches a bit more like we used to to help determine things. Instead of making it feel like it's all the admins decision. Yeah we'd decide who'd get in it possibly because of how much effort they're doing but the matches as a whole would be nice to see. Otherwise have an occasional title defense with them being at ppvs the rest of the time.

Fine with all of them at the current point in time. As far as who goes in contention? It's hard to say. I'm just enjoying seeing everyone participate more and try and get noticed. It spices things up and keeps things fun.

I think it'd be kind of neat if it could be a mix of the first two. Meaning that if it's someone that's making waves because of just a great streak, or getting noticed a lot/based off activity, they could fit. Same goes for the latter of it being a feud. Having it be a current champion wouldn't be too bad. You can't go wrong with any of the three options really.

I think it's just due to the fact that, people get busy or have various reasons where they have an off-day and tend to lose interest. Sometimes it's nice to see feedback on things you do and if you don't get it much it may not make you want to do anything. So then being told hey, we're watching what you're doing, do more and get notice for a shot. It'll give them that added incentive to kind of get back into things and have fun with it again. As far as suggestions in the future? None I can think of. Maybe we can poll the league again someday and have them suggest things as a whole that could be introduced to stimulate more activity? So then it's not almost felt like we had to make the announcement the way we did.

Nope. I think all the rules are great. I've seen some people mention the three-finisher's becoming a bit tedious. So maybe we can change that but, at the same time, I kind of like having it because it makes for having moments out of nowhere and the matches a bit unpredictable. I dunno. That's the only thing I could suggest tweaking.

Definitely the former. Yes, this is a wrestling league for a wrestling game but, first and foremost I joined this place because of how much FUN it looked and the amount of FUN everyone was having. I like to win as much as the next guy, if it means I have a shot for a title but, winning every single time? and not even remotely trying to have fun? I think some people need to get that out of their heads. This is a video game. We're supposed to have fun with it. If it's all about winning then that's just gonna kill it for a lot of people. That's just the way I see things though.

I like what Jiggas (I think) mentioned about people reviewing each others things more often. I'm not saying it's something that should be a requirement, or that you have to write page long reviews but, even for someone like SCSA I love hearing feedback on a promo or feud I may be doing. I especially like it when people suggest ideas for a promo or something. Then you can hint at maybe doing it or not. Other than doing that though those can be optional, but, I'd like to see more of that. Other things though? Maybe bringing something like the newsletter back or some kind of discussion table about wrestling, the games in general, or the league. It's hard to say as there's so many ideas and suggestions already mentioned. Not sure where to start.

Nothing comes to mind to be honest. Usually I have something good for this question.

I think, that everyone deserves a second chance really but, it all depends on their past history and such. I say we start giving more people a second chance but we keep them on watch. Depending on what happened prior to them leaving. We've seen plenty of people leave on bad terms, but now that they're back, they're having a lot more of an enjoyable time than they once did. It all depends on the person though.

Other than what we've asked, do you have anything else you'd like to address in this survey?
Nothing I can think of. I'm sure I'll edit this later though if I think of anything at all Razz

Gamertag: wwefnfurlife
Former World, Xtreme, United States and Diva's Champion
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xwlleague.forumotion.com
TheKrzyOne
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:12 pm

Fn wrote:
Maybe bringing something like the newsletter back or some kind of discussion table about wrestling, the games in general, or the league.
hmm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:12 pm

TheKrzyOne wrote:
Fn wrote:
Maybe bringing something like the newsletter back or some kind of discussion table about wrestling, the games in general, or the league.
hmm
I thought that would get your attention Wink

Gamertag: wwefnfurlife
Former World, Xtreme, United States and Diva's Champion
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xwlleague.forumotion.com
The P1
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:48 am

Hey so I think that someone should re-read the survey (assuming that most of you already read all of them as well, great points everyone btw.) and while reading them just jot down all the points in a Word doc or something. Then make a new post with all the ideas and stuff and then discuss idea by idea. That way all this typing we all did doesn't go to waste, and it's not only discussed in the "admin chat". I don't mind doing it, I would like to see some change here, I mean sure, this is the most consistent I've been since Angle or Cannon, but it's not as fun as before, so yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P.R Son
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:21 pm

The P1 wrote:
Hey so I think that someone should re-read the survey (assuming that most of you already read all of them as well, great points everyone btw.) and while reading them just jot down all the points in a Word doc or something. Then make a new post with all the ideas and stuff and then discuss idea by idea. That way all this typing we all did doesn't go to waste, and it's not only discussed in the "admin chat". I don't mind doing it, I would like to see some change here, I mean sure, this is the most consistent I've been since Angle or Cannon, but it's not as fun as before, so yeah.

If you want to by all means gp ahead. I'd maybe wait a day or two more because I know some people still haven't done theirs and that way we can hopefully have every issue known by then.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RJ Smith
Jobber
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:35 pm

The fact the we act are characters out like promo wise and makes it feel like I am watching on tv but better.

Non active people.

I only have two.

Like everything so far tho

Should bring the Hardcore Championships back.
Maybe add a Tag Title like how every 6 months the title changes. It won't matter if we don't have alot of tag teams and it would want people to tag more.

Shawn Michaels vs Scott Hall Intercontinental championships

Alittle bit of all.

idk

idk

I would add a NXT for people who make their own caws but overall can only be a certain rating for all caws. Finishers must be already in the game or 3/4 created moves in a finisher.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The P1
Upper Mid Card
Upper Mid Card

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:42 pm

ThatGuy wrote:
The P1 wrote:

If you want to by all means gp ahead. I'd maybe wait a day or two more because I know some people still haven't done theirs and that way we can hopefully have every issue known by then.

Okay. I'll start re-reading now and putting some points down, and wait till Friday to post?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P.R Son
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:54 pm

The P1 wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:
The P1 wrote:

Okay. I'll start re-reading now and putting some points down, and wait till Friday to post?

Sounds fair to me, appreciate you going through everything and doing that, we're right now just trying to work on some things internally which have so far gone well so hopefully this thread to come goes just as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Okay pretty much everyone has posted there surveys except for me so I'm just gonna do it.

The fact that the community is really great to me even though I'm not that active.
That I'm not that active.
I only have one, so one.
They're pretty good, no complaints.
I think more number one contender-ship matches, but overall it's pretty good.
They're good and deserve their spot,
All of the above
People being more active and actually doing matches and promos. (Cause I'm one to talk)
Maybe a minimum time limit to make the matches longer? I don't know.
Having fun, cause overall we don't get any legitimate perks in life for doing well here.
Maybe do like mini-surveys once every month, and a surbey like this every couple of months.
The fact that Ewantu is coming back.  king (jk)
I would give them chances to prove themselves, treat them fairly like other members, but they might need to work a bit harder to get titles shots and the likes.
Not much. there is one idea I've thought about for a while, but I''m not gonna put it down cause it's pretty crazy and would be a bitch to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWL Survey 2014 Edition   

Back to top Go down

XWL Survey 2014 Edition

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2